Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Modifications Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/)
-   -   Conservative Modifications (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/100168-conservative-modifications.html)

Fergus 03-12-2019 07:09 PM

Conservative Modifications

Good day!

I hope is the right spot for this. I am looking for suggestions on how to increase a 2018 Fit Sport's drivability. I do not have much experience with mods and I plan on keeping the car stock for the most part.

What I installed:
Acuity shifter bushing (although seems useless based on what I read here)
LED headlights
K&N air filter

Future plans:
Oil catch can
Pedal commander
Ktuner (when they release one for 2018+)
Heavy shift knob
Summer tires

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

GolNat 03-12-2019 11:00 PM

All good additions. Summer tires will transform the car and I would put a set of coilovers on the list also. Tein makes some nice stuff for the price.

Fergus 03-13-2019 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1425172)
All good additions. Summer tires will transform the car and I would put a set of coilovers on the list also. Tein makes some nice stuff for the price.

From what I understand, coilovers generally lowers the car. I like to keep it at stock height for now due to flooding reasons in my area, but will definitely consider it in the future. Thank you.

evilchargerfan 03-13-2019 03:15 PM

Drivability = Rigid Collars

GolNat 03-13-2019 03:43 PM

^ Those are suppose to be nice.

Originally Posted by Fergus (Post 1425185)
From what I understand, coilovers generally lowers the car. I like to keep it at stock height for now due to flooding reasons in my area, but will definitely consider it in the future. Thank you.

Ah yeah flooding can be a problem. There are a few areas around me that I just avoid if it rains heavily. I hardly travel that way anymore but if I had to daily it would not be fun.

Yes they do lower the car but can be set to a higher setting. Even on the highest setting they are usually lower then stock. It will offer stiffer spring rate and better dampening even if you leave them set at a higher ride height.

Also not a drivability thing but tint is a nice addition due to the Fit's large square footage of glass!!

Fergus 03-13-2019 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1425202)

This is nice. Thank you for this. I'm gonna start looking for one.

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1425203)
^ Those are suppose to be nice.

Ah yeah flooding can be a problem. There are a few areas around me that I just avoid if it rains heavily. I hardly travel that way anymore but if I had to daily it would not be fun.

Yes they do lower the car but can be set to a higher setting. Even on the highest setting they are usually lower then stock. It will offer stiffer spring rate and better dampening even if you leave them set at a higher ride height.

Also not a drivability thing but tint is a nice addition due to the Fit's large square footage of glass!!

Oh didn't know they can adjust at a higher setting. Good to know. Thanks!