Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Modifications Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/)
-   -   Hondata Flash for the FIT? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/3552-hondata-flash-fit.html)

GTP 02-12-2006 12:30 PM

Hondata Flash for the FIT?

Anyone know if Hondata is working on a flash? What about SPOON ECUs? I see they have alot of other parts but I am not seeing anything on ECU flashes. Anyone know specs on stock fuel cut and what flashes may dyno?

BTW its great to be aboard the FIT Forums. I am an avid supporter on the www.subaruforester.com under the screen name GTP. A few fellow FXT'ers have pretty much established the bench mark for modding Foresters and I can't wait to get my hands on the little FIT. I come from a long line of former honda owners myself 2 civics (swapped) and a built GSR.

Look forward to seeing more FIT Freaks...

corey415 02-12-2006 12:44 PM

Yeah, I am very curious about this too. I have a feeling that Hondata wont make anything for the Fit since the L15 engine probably doesnt have much power left to unleash.

The K series on the other hand is a very potent engine, which is why bolt on parts and ecu reflashes have a dramatic effect on the amount of hp.

Dojo 02-12-2006 02:37 PM

When we spoke with Hondata at SEMA they said they would be working on an upgrade for the Fit once they get their hands on one for testing.

But we will have to see if they actually do offer an upgrade.

dougiepants 02-12-2006 04:08 PM

The L Series motors are the new generation of D Series Motors. These motors are what will be placed in anything Honda will be offering as an SOHC platform. I feel the L Series has just as much potential that the D Series motors have. I would like to swap a K Series into my fit by the end of the year, but if I have to cut the fire wall or do massive conversion to do that I will not be going down that road. Internals, for either an NA or FI build will be out shortly after the Fits release.

siguy 02-12-2006 08:19 PM

The Fit engine compartment looks so tight that I think swapping a bigger motor would be a real pain, not to mention adding weight to the front of the car, which would mean suspension mods, etc etc etc. Maybe the best thing for driveability would be a supercharger, or turbo. Also, little things like a header, and "cold air" device can add some HP and you wouldn't have to switch to premium gasoline like you'd probably need with a turbo or supercharger.

corey415 02-13-2006 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by dougiepants
The L Series motors are the new generation of D Series Motors. These motors are what will be placed in anything Honda will be offering as an SOHC platform. I feel the L Series has just as much potential that the D Series motors have. I would like to swap a K Series into my fit by the end of the year, but if I have to cut the fire wall or do massive conversion to do that I will not be going down that road. Internals, for either an NA or FI build will be out shortly after the Fits release.

The L Series will not be the next D series. The newest engine to come out of Honda is the R series, or the R18 in the new civic. SOHC i-vtec, high fuel efficiency, decent hp and torque, and low emissions.

In terms of bolt ons and reflashes, they are pretty much pointless on a D series engine. I feel the same applies to the L series. I guess they would help somewhat if you changed internals, but I think its not worth it. I think the only way to really get a noticeable gain on the L series with forced induction.

dougiepants 02-13-2006 11:58 AM

I agree with you as far as making aning real power with an L Series is FI. That is where internals would come into play. The next 6 months will show where the market is heading for the L Series motors and the Fit in the NA Market

GTP 02-13-2006 12:24 PM

I have a feeling there will be an great balance between FI and NA parts for this car. Clearly, its never going to beat a Ferrari but those of us who want this Niche of car want great gas mileage and don;t mind tinkering with ECU and intakes to get a good kick in the pants. Those guys serious enough for K swap and FI I am sure, just like any other Honda, open yourpocket book and its there.

I am also hoping, with gas prices going up that America embraces the Ka Cars from japan. May be not far from now we'll have the Ka line up with 63 cubic inch 3 cylinder turbos to tinker with...

Tite Fit 04-01-2006 02:18 AM

My first post here. I too am into small cars that are lightweight, handle well, and of course get good gas mileage for my commute. So, that's why I drive a '94 Mustang GT right now! ha ha :)
I think it will be a lot like the Scion Xa aftermarket. You'll get the bolt on people who want some noise and a little extra umph. Then you get the FI people, a little more money to play with and looking to really be different. Still won't be faster than a stock WRX, but really different and pretty dang peppy. Anyway, 2 cents worth.
In my older age, I've matured car wise, as far as what I want and like. I used to want the fastest thing on the road. But after having this mustang (240hp/300tq flywheel), it only gets 22 mpg on freeway, is loud (which is pretty cool) but is heavy and doesn't like to turn too well, and big meats are very pricey, etc.
Tite Fit

JDMGD3 04-01-2006 03:11 AM

Alot of people mistake these small b-segment cars for some tire shredding machines that have over twice the hp output and thats something the Fit or any other car in this segment will never be. If speed is what your after then the Fit isnt for you, that should be pretty simple to figure out.

With a car like the Fit that has so much weight emphasis in the front, its not so much about adding a ton of power but adding the right amount and balancing that out with the rest of the car's upgraded components so it all works in harmony. The last thing you want is a car as small as the Fit with a ton of understeer and torquesteer caused by too much power.

The Spoon Fit is a great example of how a car of this size and power needs to be tackled from a modding standpoint. Do you really think if Spoon wanted they couldnt have added another 30+hp onto there Fit? Of course they couldve but it would more then likely do more harm to the overall balance of the car then good. They emphasized the Fit's strong points and thats its suspension potential and chassis rigidity for a car in this class and proved that it wont take much to turn this small lightweight car into a capable race car.

Turbolvr 04-20-2006 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by JDMGD3
Alot of people mistake these small b-segment cars for some tire shredding machines that have over twice the hp output and thats something the Fit or any other car in this segment will never be. If speed is what your after then the Fit isnt for you, that should be pretty simple to figure out.

With a car like the Fit that has so much weight emphasis in the front, its not so much about adding a ton of power but adding the right amount and balancing that out with the rest of the car's upgraded components so it all works in harmony. The last thing you want is a car as small as the Fit with a ton of understeer and torquesteer caused by too much power.

The Spoon Fit is a great example of how a car of this size and power needs to be tackled from a modding standpoint. Do you really think if Spoon wanted they couldnt have added another 30+hp onto there Fit? Of course they couldve but it would more then likely do more harm to the overall balance of the car then good. They emphasized the Fit's strong points and thats its suspension potential and chassis rigidity for a car in this class and proved that it wont take much to turn this small lightweight car into a capable race car.

This is why they need to import the AWD version of this car to the US. Either that or I need to get ahold of one of the Awd drivelines to transfer to a USDM honda Fit

atlas 04-21-2006 11:27 AM

i don't think i'd ever turbo a fit. seeing how honda's motors are really weak for forced induction applications, i can't really see a Fit motor holding up to any boost.

I'm sure Hondata will first release and intake manifold gasket (just like they do for every car), and then eventually an ECU reflash. For $600, do you think 15hp is worth that?

Turbolvr 04-27-2006 03:00 AM

$600 for 15hp isnt worth it to me when I could build my own turbo kit for about $1000 and get 60hp+

fshwcrs 04-27-2006 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turbolvr
$600 for 15hp isnt worth it to me when I could build my own turbo kit for about $1000 and get 60hp+

and what do you plan on using for engine management?

03DSM-RSX 05-01-2006 02:24 AM

Hondata will have a hard time making a reflash for the Drive by Wire system. with their recent accomplishments with the s2k and tsx reflashes, it MIGHT be possible in the future for them to make a reflash. but then again, Fit is not exactly performance savy.

if they do make one, expect to be required to use premium fuel and get worse mileage, which defeats the purpose of the economy car. but of course, u get a slightly higher redline but still be slow.

03DSM-RSX 05-01-2006 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by atlas
i don't think i'd ever turbo a fit. seeing how honda's motors are really weak for forced induction applications, i can't really see a Fit motor holding up to any boost.

I'm sure Hondata will first release and intake manifold gasket (just like they do for every car), and then eventually an ECU reflash. For $600, do you think 15hp is worth that?

says who? its all in the tuning yo. i've seen plenty boosted, 500-650whp @ 20-30psi on ALL STOCK HONDA motor, and these cars are daily drivers.

as for the fit, i dont think anyone should boost it. u're better off swapping.

atlas 05-01-2006 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
says who? its all in the tuning yo. i've seen plenty boosted, 500-650whp @ 20-30psi on ALL STOCK HONDA motor, and these cars are daily drivers.

as for the fit, i dont think anyone should boost it. u're better off swapping.

when you compare any honda to any other car company's automobiles that come stock with forced induction, you can see the differences:

-honda's rods are really weak.
-cylinder sleeves are prone to cracking.
-timing is advanced too much. (for all motor power)
-compression is too high. (for all motor power)

yes, all of these can be fixed with tuning. my brother's EK (the green one with Mugen M7s in Honda-Tuning a year or so ago) is a turbo'd B16 and it runs like a champ and is faster then my evo by far. i'm just saying that you can not even touch the internals on my car and get up to 500whp, where as on my older Honda (my 03 RSX Type S i had), you couldn't go much over 330whp before you would throw a rod.

hondas were designed to get the best hp all motor. look at the S2000: most HP per liter all motor engine in the world. hondas were made for power off the turbo, plain and simple. how many other car companies in the world can do what honda does without the extra power of a turbo?

none. they aren't as clever. :)

03DSM-RSX 05-01-2006 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by atlas
when you compare any honda to any other car company's automobiles that come stock with forced induction, you can see the differences:

-honda's rods are really weak.
-cylinder sleeves are prone to cracking.
-timing is advanced too much. (for all motor power)
-compression is too high. (for all motor power)

yes, all of these can be fixed with tuning. my brother's EK (the green one with Mugen M7s in Honda-Tuning a year or so ago) is a turbo'd B16 and it runs like a champ and is faster then my evo by far. i'm just saying that you can not even touch the internals on my car and get up to 500whp, where as on my older Honda (my 03 RSX Type S i had), you couldn't go much over 330whp before you would throw a rod.

hondas were designed to get the best hp all motor. look at the S2000: most HP per liter all motor engine in the world. hondas were made for power off the turbo, plain and simple. how many other car companies in the world can do what honda does without the extra power of a turbo?

none. they aren't as clever. :)

wrong. my buddy's rsx-s has 515whp on stock motor/internals and runs fine as daily driver with 38mpg gas, GT42R turbo. plenty of k-series handling good boost on stock motors, especially the k24a1 (CRV motors). why can it handle it? tuning by st00pidfast. an EG swapped k24 hybrid runs 650+whp @ 28-30psi ALL STOCK MOTOR with GT35R. PLENTY B-series and K-series pushing well over 350whp on stock motors in Houston.

high compression is bad for boost, but they arent as bad as type-r motors.

look at the new RDX motors, 2.3L turbo.

EDIT:
-

timing is advanced too much.
ignition timing is good for boost. use higher octane. if knocking occurs, retard ignition. with any boosted application, tuning is NECESSARY, so u're gona mess with timing/fuel anyways. for race applications, u can advance it with race gas and see gobs more power.

Turbolvr 05-03-2006 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by fshwcrs
and what do you plan on using for engine management?

Not shure yet it depends on what is out when/if I decide to do this.

b17gsr 05-04-2006 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
an EG swapped k24 hybrid runs 650+whp @ 28-30psi ALL STOCK MOTOR with GT35R.

And just how long has this motor been running?!?!?! As if the stock pistons and rods can with stand such pressures!!!!

Is this st00pidfast person into voodoo magic?