Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Modifications Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/)
-   -   Just got tint installed, should i wait before putting on my GPS suction cup back on? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/50930-just-got-tint-installed-should-i-wait-before-putting-my-gps-suction-cup-back.html)

Vash 12-02-2009 12:00 AM

Just got tint installed, should i wait before putting on my GPS suction cup back on?

I generally have my GPS installed on the quarter class panel next to the side mirrors, but i just got tint installed today and theres a few bubbles on there (which iam hoping will dry out after 1-day to a month, but judging from this weather it won't get hot anytime soon), will putting a suction cup of the GPS on it effect its drying?

or should i just wait untill it is properly dried before i put on the GPS suction cup?

Shaggs2Dope 12-02-2009 12:27 AM

wait, it can lift the tint up and screw the whole panel. 2-4 days is reccomended

danielg 12-03-2009 01:02 PM

yep. 3-5 days

JDMxGE8 12-03-2009 01:23 PM

I would defintely wait a couple of days. Why are there air pockets? Seems like the shop you went to didn't do a great job.

krakhed 12-03-2009 09:59 PM

Depending on solutions and when they install, you can have air pockets in your tint. When i got mine done there were several air pockets in my back window. Once it all dried out and the sun hit it for a couple days....they all went away and i've never had any issues since then.

Occam 12-03-2009 10:47 PM

I've never had air pockets, but I have had little pockets of water under the tint. They do go away after a few days.

xonexlifex 12-04-2009 04:01 AM

I wuldnt put Anything on tinted windows. Y dont u just get one of tbose bean bag ones that u can just put on the dash? I put mine in the same place u do but it sits on the dash in front of the window.

Vash 12-04-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by xonexlifex (Post 783054)
I wuldnt put Anything on tinted windows. Y dont u just get one of tbose bean bag ones that u can just put on the dash? I put mine in the same place u do but it sits on the dash in front of the window.

links picture of this bean bag?

Vash 12-08-2009 10:47 PM

i finally put it on today.. waited a week just to be safe. and now i can't take the suction cup off! good thing i sorta don't need too.. but still.. its now officialy STUCK on there..

but i was able to move it back and forth while it was still wet so i positioned it exactly where i want it. sucks that its stuck there now. Iam too scared to pick at it, because i don't wanna scatch the tint

dela 12-09-2009 10:52 AM

what kind of gps do u use?

the suction cup that i use came with my garmin... there's a little tab that you can pull to release the suction... in their holder at least...

Vash 12-10-2009 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by dela (Post 785353)
what kind of gps do u use?

the suction cup that i use came with my garmin... there's a little tab that you can pull to release the suction... in their holder at least...

yep.. iam using garmin as well. i pulled it and its still stuck =(

Perrenoud Fit 03-14-2010 07:40 PM

It takes 30 days for the water to dry out from under the film (cure) in the winter, and 2 weeeks in the summer. When the little spots and the tint is giving you a clear image your looking at then your good 2 go.

vinn 03-14-2010 11:31 PM

should take around 2-3days on warm weather but a week should be good.

SenBlue09 07-15-2010 11:42 PM

play it safe. re-tinting cost just as much

whaap 07-16-2010 12:10 AM

The tint material (film) is much softer than glass and the adhesiveness of a suction cup will be much harder to break from the soft film than it would be from hard glass. For fear of messing up the tint I'd just leave it alone.

Sid 6.7 07-16-2010 02:04 AM

Check my thread on window tint through the link in my sig.

It's very odd that the suction cup won't come off now. There shouldn't be any reason why it would attach permanently. I still think somehow you haven't broken the suction on the cup.

It really depends on the quality of tint, on whether you will have issues with attaching anything to it. It might scratch, it might not, depending on whether it is a high quality scratch-resistant film or something cheap.

BlueBoogers 07-31-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit (Post 825919)
It takes 30 days for the water to dry out from under the film (cure) in the winter, and 2 weeeks in the summer. When the little spots and the tint is giving you a clear image your looking at then your good 2 go.

LOL. It usually takes around eight hours here for tint to set.

BlueBoogers 07-31-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by SenBlue09 (Post 884655)
play it safe. re-tinting cost just as much

Not for one window.