HID Hi/Low vs Bi-Xenon Glare

Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FitVic
here im Maryland we got all types of weather so if i slide into another car then it happens but im sure in Flordia it doesnt snow as much as here. If i was in another state where it stays warmer for the most part then i would have done it but here it SUCKS!! lol
I live in Minnesota, we have bad weather and terrible drivers. I still did a retrofit. The worry of being hit is there, at the back of my mind but its still a weak argument for not doing a retrofit

Old 12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
price of retro fit!!! i looked into it, man its alot, but deffinrtly worth it. but xenith bi xeons, just as good for the money, just adjust them low! so not to glare other drivers. like i said before, even stock hids can blind you. i say some people need to re adjust their headlights even with stock hids.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by FitVic
my only thing is if you get in a wreck then what happens there............ thats really the only thing on my mind when it comes to retrofits. I use a PnP kit, Hi/Lo kit.
which Hi/Lo kit are you using? is there a light shield?

Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
yes my light is shielded. Its a kit my friend got me.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Ya i mean it wuld b different if i got flashed everytime i got into the car but ive never ever got flashed once from other drivers so the bi-xenon kits really must not b that bad on other drivers. Plus i have someone else drive in my car and i was driving the other way and with the shields and having them aimed right i wasnt blinded one bit. I guess as long as u do it right then there no reason to not get them. But ya a retrofit wuld b really nice but its not practical for me and it seems like it isnt for you either. So you cant go wrong bud dont let anyone on here discourage you from trying something new on ur car until u just try it out yourself. Trust me its a big difference and 99.9 percent sure ull love em when u get them

Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
I had a bixenon kit in my fit then started having problems with the controller. Ended up getting some osram nightbreaker halogens. Those things are great! Best halogen I have ever owned by far. Those should last me until I get the motivation to do a retrofit.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by blackexcoupe
A projector retrofit isn't that much money, and the output is so much better than a hid kit. Projectors concentrate the light into the areas that you need it the most. The whole point of hids are to get more light on the road, so you can see better. Almost all of my cars have had hid projector retrofits because after my first retrofitted car it was hard to drive with anything else.
.... its about 800 if u dont have the skill to do it yourself

Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Just installed a bi-xenon H4 kit in my car. You can see the DIY and light output photos on my blog.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 AM
xenith xeons- great kit. good cut off for hid kit. not great dont get me wrong, its no retro fit projectors. but i can see way better than halogens. and i never get flashed. really good quality too! easy install aswell!

Last edited by socalsmirff; 01-30-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 AM
I think its a waste to spend that much on lights. But hey if u got the money than do it but if u dont than get the bixenon. They work extremely well and ull be extremely preased.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by franklin
I think its a waste to spend that much on lights. But hey if u got the money than do it but if u dont than get the bixenon. They work extremely well and ull be extremely preased.
Yep i have to completely agree. Bi xenon is the way to go for hids unless u retro fit but ya id hate to spend 1000 bux on just headlights nomatter how good they are unless u can figure out how to do it urself for cheap. If i was gunna do projecters id just wait til they make a legit projector headlight housing for an affordable price.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Bi-xenon simply means that the high and low beam are both xenon. Projectors can also be bi-xenon so make sure you specify what your talking about the immitation HID's or real ones.

Also the main reason for retrofits is to protect people and make the streets safe. Fake HID kits in reflector housings will blind oncoming drivers and cause massive tons of glare. There is nothing more selfish than people that willingly endanger the lives of innocent people because they want their car to look like it has real HID's. I have 0 respect for these kinds of people. I have no respect for people that are unwilling to educate themself especially when the information and facts are presented right to their face. You are choosing to be a blind sheep, which is very unfortunate.

No matter what you guys will continue to use these kits because you want blue lights in your fit to impress the other idiots that don't know any better. I don't understand why people deny the facts when they are presented right there, just because some nobody on an internet forum said they looked good on his fit. Hopefully the intelligent people will know what the right thing to do is. This is a losing battle I already know, but if at least one person realizes the truth by reading all the information and articles then that's a win in my book.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 AM
I kinda skipped to the bottom here...Sorry had a few beers and impatient...

I would like to point out glare has to do with projectors or reflectors. Its headlight design primarily. Bi xenon or not ONLY MEANS if the high beam is HID or not. Bi-Xenon means HID high and low beams. HID projectors typically means HID lows only with halogen highs. But it is my experience that well aimed projectors will not require a high beam.

Hope thats easy. Go projector or stick with some nice halogen upgrades IMHO.

Last edited by Konservative; 02-11-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
HIDS are great, only if you can AIM them correctly. Kinda annoying when you see cars with hid kits but they are not aligned corrrectly.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitman25
HIDS are great, only if you can AIM them correctly. Kinda annoying when you see cars with hid kits but they are not aligned corrrectly.
Aim helps the most with PNP kits. But along with it, is the light produced. I've noticed that a lot of buyers are getting the ones that don't produce a good cutoff. The light coming out in low beam practically looks like high beam when they shine it off a wall.

Low beam on top pic, high beam on bottom pic.

This is the current headlight I have on the Fit, no HIDs (yet, haven't decided). This is actually an aftermarket. But the point is, this is the cutoff that I had on the stock headlight of a 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder (.5 = late model, half year refresh). It also uses H4 bulbs. By cutoff, I'm talking about that line of dark on top and light on bottom going across and then angling up on the right. Out of three PNP kits I put in, two produced the SAME pattern. The third did not, it looked liked halfway between low+high when the lights were supposed to be low. Looking at that third kit, the issue was the shield wasn't as complete as the first two in blocking light from the lower reflectors. Some light leaked through, so a bit of the high beam pattern showed up.

And out across the internet (and on this forum), a LOT of the pictures people use to argue against PNP HID kits are the same as my 3rd kit... none had good cutoffs. It can't be a fluke that I got two "abnormal" kits that managed a good cutoff and the rest are "bad."

Last edited by Goobers; 08-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
subscribed