Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Modifications Discussion (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/)
-   -   2018 Fit EX-L: Powered Sub Suggestions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-modifications-discussion/97947-2018-fit-ex-l-powered-sub-suggestions.html)

wrroach 04-11-2018 02:20 PM

2018 Fit EX-L: Powered Sub Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased a 2018 Fit EX-L and was thinking about buying a powered sub to install. A buddy of mine has the 2017 EX-L Navi with a Kicker Hideaway 150W and it sounded pretty decent in his model, and for the price/size of the sub I feel like it would be a good purchase. He installed it attached to the back of the right rear passenger seat.

I am not very familiar with car subs and would like any recommendations.

My price range is between $200-$300

Action Jackson 04-11-2018 03:35 PM

I also have that Kicker Hideaway, and I literally hid it away above the spare tire.

You need to consider how far you might want to go to improve sound.

I still have that sub, but will be moving onto an amp upgrade, and my 3rd speaker upgrade.

It is a bit on the pricey side for a powered sub, but there's hardly any good ones out there to put out 150 watts continuous in a small package, except for the Rockford Fosgate, which I've never heard.

Congrats on your new Fit!

evilchargerfan 04-25-2018 07:09 PM

I just picked up some Rockford Fosgate PS-8 off amazon, will be installing it probably next weekend. if we ever meet up somewhere in sd/if you're close by .... feel free to come by and listen and judge them for yourself

Disclaimer: I went with these RF's because, I'm cheap, and they cost less than the Kicker's.

GE82010 04-30-2018 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1399224)
I just picked up some Rockford Fosgate PS-8 off amazon, will be installing it probably next weekend. if we ever meet up somewhere in sd/if you're close by .... feel free to come by and listen and judge them for yourself

Disclaimer: I went with these RF's because, I'm cheap, and they cost less than the Kicker's.

san diego?

evilchargerfan 05-08-2018 06:41 PM

^^^ yups

says so in my "location", lol

ummpaul 02-28-2019 11:10 PM

I'll apologize in advance but I purchased a 2018 Fit Sport today after trading in my 2010 Prius which had the JBL package on it. Is the stock head unit on the fit able to accept a powered sub?

Thanks!

2Rismo2 03-01-2019 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by ummpaul (Post 1424545)
I'll apologize in advance but I purchased a 2018 Fit Sport today after trading in my 2010 Prius which had the JBL package on it. Is the stock head unit on the fit able to accept a powered sub?

Thanks!

If you're asking if the stock head unit has RCA inputs, then that would be a no.

If your powered sub can do high level inputs, then you can tap into the door speakers for the sound signals.

ummpaul 03-01-2019 08:34 AM

Thank you!