General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 10mm
I don't like how slowly I have to put the last gallon of gas in.
The last gallon shouldn't be going in noticeably slowly. If the pump is clicking off you've got something going on with your filler neck/vent.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jared592
The last gallon shouldn't be going in noticeably slowly. If the pump is clicking off you've got something going on with your filler neck/vent.
It always clicks off after like 7.x gallons. If I pump the last bit slowly I can fit another 1 or maybe even 1.5 gal in. Maybe I should take it in

Old 08-24-2017, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by shinjari
I dont like the feeling of the torsion bar suspension. Sure it allows for the cavernous cargo area...but comfort is lacking.

A-pillar is a huge blind spot for pedestrians.
I concur wholeheartedly.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
It always clicks off after like 7.x gallons. If I pump the last bit slowly I can fit another 1 or maybe even 1.5 gal in. Maybe I should take it in
Yeah there's either something wrong or you're inadvertently overfilling. Keep in mind your tank's only 10.5 gallons, so if you're filling up at like 1/4 tank you're not going to get more than around 7 gallons into it.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zardiw
I agree whole heartedly.........I like to say they call it a Fit cause everything 'fits'......lol.....I can put an 8 ft step ladder into it.....and 8' lumber is no problem either........and 8' plywood when cut into 12" strips.....lol..........z
While the Fit is indeed good in this regard, compared to other newly manufactured cars of its exterior size and price range being offered for sale today, my 1982 Accord hatchback was actually able to accomodate an entire 8 foot by 4 foot plywood panel without it needing to be cut first. Although it did hang out the back by about 1 foot, so I had to tie down the hatch and attach a red flag. Reason it fit is that the rear opening after you opened the hatch was much bigger. Also, I could fit tons of stuff in the back - after simply removing the back seat; it just pulled out.

I'm not sure if the interior noise was better, but the Accord had better steering and better road-holding around fast curves. Don't remember what kind of gas mileage it got.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I figure that most likely it simply still has 3 gallons in it, even though the gauge is on empty and the fuel warning light comes on and the even though the owner manual says there is 1.5 gal left (if I recall correctly) when the this happens. When my warning light comes on, if I drive another 15 miles (requires about 1/2 a gallon), and then fill the tank letting the pump shut off automatically - only about 8.5 gallons goes on. So I figure there is 2 gallons left even though one would deduce that there is only 1 gallon. I've never put in more than about 8.5 gallons at a time.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
How hard the seats feel after 8 hours of driving.
On a couple of 12 hour trips, I found the driver's seat to be fine. What I did not like is leg room - gas tank bump leaves less space for my right foot and I can't find a comfortable spot on the floor to put my right foot down flat. Thus I have to leave it on the throttle pedal, which negates an advantage of having cruise control. With my foot relaxed and resting on the pedal, it pushes the pedal down.

Last edited by nomenclator; 08-24-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snowwhite22
I thought that with it being a Honda that my mpg would be much better than they actually are. I did purchase the car from an individual and I am still unsure of any modifications that they may have done to it prior to my purchase, but I'm avg about 23-24 mpg, about 50/50 city/highway. Just put new tires on it and did an oil change which improved mpg from avg 21, but still not great. Also, rear window is pretty small; blind spots are kinda odd to adjust to, but not impossible; and parts are more difficult to find than an avg car. Other than that, I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to learn more and make some modifications in the near future.
Something isn't right. I get about 28 mpg even in the worst stop and go situations. I have the CVT though which reportedly gets better mileage than the manual. With the CVT I get about 35 mpg in 50-50 city-highway. I figure you should be one should be getting at least 30 with the manual. Unless of course you often leave the car in lower numbered gears longer than necessary. Maybe check carfax to see what might have been done?

For a contemporary hatch, I'm finding the rear window OK. It is much bigger and better and extends lower down than the window on my Toyota 2010 Matrix hatchback. Plus the rearview camera is really quite helpful when backing up. And it has brighter backup lights than the Matrix. Also has much better view out the right side, for oncoming traffic, when making a left turn.

Last edited by nomenclator; 08-24-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
My main dislike is the clutch delay valve ... other than that, I love the car and can live with with a few flaws......bought it CPO, and it's engine/drivetrain warranty was extended to like 100,000 miles, so.....will live with the cdv for now

Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
How I turned that Vivid Blue bastard into a money pit... But dang is it fun to drive now.
same here buddy.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fuelish
My main dislike is the clutch delay valve ... other than that, I love the car and can live with with a few flaws......bought it CPO, and it's engine/drivetrain warranty was extended to like 100,000 miles, so.....will live with the cdv for now
I couldn't agree more.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Just remove it!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal
Just remove it!
Easier said than done....and I will consider it when the car is out of warranty.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Was pretty easy to remove on my Accord and S2000. On the Accord, had to buy a need slave to modify it as the original one was too rusted. Really easier to do when there is not rust on the slave...

Easier said than done....and I will consider it when the car is out of warranty.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
The list of pros definitely overcomes the small list of minor 'issues'.
Only have 3 things I wish were better on my 2013 MT:

1) battery - a bit too small & under-powered, sometimes in the winter it cranks a while before the engine starts.

2) horn - sounds like "meep-meep", not a big fan of it.

3) paint - easily damaged, possibly too thin or poor quality paint.

The road noise and occasional plastic rattling are to be expected in the subcompact econo class. Just blast some music and enjoy.

Overall I love my Fit.
I'm getting an avg. mileage of 6.5 L/100 km (36 MPG) which is awesome. I try to hypermile most of the time, using a Scanguage, keeping tires at 40 PSI, coasting in neutral, speed limit on hwy...but at the same time it's so much fun to rev the lil engine to redline. It(she) screams and it(she) likes it.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 09-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Coming on almost exactly 1 year of owning The Fit.

I've never owned a vehicle that was perfect.

And there are minor things...

But after 1 year? I'd say there are only 2 things that continue to really bother me to any significant level.

For me the Indirect TPMS System ALWAYS gives me a false indication when I go on any extended straight highway driving trip.
It's fine with mixed driving...forever. BUT let me go on a long highway road trip and inevitably the TPMS light will indicate. Kind of a pain, because I always have to check.

And secondly...
The forward windshield pillars are IMO very thick. Probably for body integrity and crash safety reasons. But being so thick they do create forward blind spots, even with the cut out windows. I've adapted, so that I always look around the pillars. But it is an aspect of design that is IMO somewhat flawed.

But really? That's about it. Outside of that? It's been a good year with The Fit.

EDIT: I probably should add the wiper blades have been a challenge. Drag and Chatter.

Last edited by fitchet; 09-10-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: ...and 3rdly....
Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 AM
2014 Fit Lx here...

I gotta say I don't like the weak air vents and the fact that it's a bit prone to side winds.

I drive like a Sunday driver, so no complaints for fuel economy from me

Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree with Sport, am very disappointed in the mileage of my car, not what was promised. I drive mostly city with some highway thrown in and I am avg 25 mpg and if I drive only city it goes as low as 23 which is ridiculous! Highway driving a little better but only getting around 32 on long drives 50 - 70 miles nonstop. Also the seats are not very comfortable, had to buy cushions to make it softer.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abdamurph
I agree with Sport, am very disappointed in the mileage of my car, not what was promised. I drive mostly city with some highway thrown in and I am avg 25 mpg and if I drive only city it goes as low as 23 which is ridiculous! Highway driving a little better but only getting around 32 on long drives 50 - 70 miles nonstop. Also the seats are not very comfortable, had to buy cushions to make it softer.
That's horrible MPG.
Do you have modifications that might impact MPG?
Otherwise I'd have that checked out.

On a long highway drive I can get upwards of 40+ MPG.
City mixed, I get around 32 mpg.

The numbers you are getting would suggest to me something is wrong.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:08 PM
No modifications at all, have had it check out been to dealer 3 times, tweaked things here and there, changed fuel injectors, changed out oil and still same issue. Working with Honda Corp also but they don't know what to do anymore, at this point don't even want the car anymore.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit