General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Tough one. So far, really enjoying it. Small beef with the unlocking. I’d like to be able to unlock all the doors from driver unlock. Not a big deal.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Thiamin
Tough one. So far, really enjoying it. Small beef with the unlocking. I’d like to be able to unlock all the doors from driver unlock. Not a big deal.
Use the Master button to unlock all doors from inside. See the manual.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
You're talking about unlocking using the fob?
I think there have been threads and if I remember right there is no fix.

At first I was frustrated as with my previous vehicle this was a programmable feature, and I liked all the doors unlocking upon being pushed.
I guess it's still kind of pain, but I've learned and adjusted. Now when I'm traveling with others I automatically open their doors once I have mine open. But it took me a while to adjust.
When I first got my Fit, I'd hit unlock, get in, and then take a beat or two, wondering why my passengers were still standing outside. Until they "in a rather annoyed voice" would remind me that the doors were locked.

I know some people and situations, it's safer....better if NOT all the doors unlock. But IMO Honda should of still made it a programmable option.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:21 AM
I meant prior to entry. Nearly any new vehicle can be master unlocked once onside. Hands full, etc, have to go passenger side. Odd setup that it can’t be changed to all-unlock option.

Originally Posted by Black3sr

Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 AM
I actually did read the manual and I searched older threads. Not my first rodeo.

Getting back on topic, I was just voicing my quibble and hoping maybe there’d been an update.

Originally Posted by Black3sr

Old 10-08-2017, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
I meant prior to entry. Nearly any new vehicle can be master unlocked once onside. Hands full, etc, have to go passenger side. Odd setup that it can’t be changed to all-unlock option.
Drivers door unfortunately only unlocks driver's door. Opening passenger or trunk unlocks all doors.

If you hit unlock on the key fob twice, it unlocked all doors.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Great car...very satisfied so far. Drives great, love the handle and has been problem free so far.

The only (biggish) complaint is that its hard finding a comfortable seating position. I'm 6' and between the relative locations of the steering wheel and the stick, and the seats with short thigh support, long drives can be a bit uncomfortable. Luckily, this is our commuter/errand car so most of our drives are less than an hour.

But for a subcompact, this is an absolutely brilliant car.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
I guess I wished it had rear disc brakes. Front seat cushion is a bit short, wish for a seat height adjustment.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM
On bad roads it can ride like a World War II jeep.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
I guess I wished it had rear disc brakes. Front seat cushion is a bit short, wish for a seat height adjustment.
I think the rear drums work great on these cars myself- they're a pain in the ass to work on comparatively, but you'll probably ever need to touch them once in 200k miles.

For the seat height issue, I agree. I did find an option to adjust it:

Adjustable Seat Riser Brackets

Old 10-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Funny thing though...When I first bought the car I thought the seats were uncomfortable and I was unable to find the right position. I finally got used to it and now I think it is one of the best fitting seats I ever had.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I know those terms well. Do you even have a CVT or have seat time with one?

Could you please tell me how those have anything to do with a transmission that can be held at a higher rpm than necessary by using too much throttle?

Imagine your manual with a clutch that slips if you give it more throttle than is necessary for maintaining speed and that's what you have with a CVT. They return the best economy if you are at the lowest rpm possible and maintain a given speed. With the CVT, you can give it enough throttle to have near no impact on acceleration, but have it slip to a lower numerical ratio.

Edit - Crap! Sorry everyone for feeding this troll. I just realized who I was dealing with. The same person that thinks death is eminent with ANY vehicle modification and that it's physically impossible to improve the handling or braking ability of ANY vehicle. I will refrain from any more replies and will not read his further posts. Carry on and sorry again.
haha, glad for you GAFIT that you caught that before wasting too much more energy. You explained it perfectly clearly once, twice, three times, four times...time to stop!! I"m going to continue reading in the thread and I really hope you stopped feeding the troll, haha!

Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jared592
I think the rear drums work great on these cars myself- they're a pain in the ass to work on comparatively, but you'll probably ever need to touch them once in 200k miles.
The disc brakes don't need to be adjusted the ways drums do, and they are more effective at stopping, which is something that can save you from an accident on LA freeways when people suddenly panic stop with all the have right in front of you at 80 mph.

The main reason people don't touch drum brakes for 200K miles is because most people never adjust the drums so the brakes don't do any braking.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
The disc brakes don't need to be adjusted the ways drums do, and they are more effective at stopping, which is something that can save you from an accident on LA freeways when people suddenly panic stop with all the have right in front of you at 80 mph.

The main reason people don't touch drum brakes for 200K miles is because most people never adjust the drums so the brakes don't do any braking.
I have to agree with all of this. Will add that, even when adjusted properly, they don't do much.

There's a good reason why disc brakes were in mainstream use by the 70's and became mostly standard by the 90's. The only reason that I can think of that Honda still puts them on the back of the Fit is they simply don't think Fit buyers care so it saves them $.03 per car to keep stamping out the archaic drums.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
honda knows fit buyers are price sensitive. anything to reduce price customer will like..

some folks were nagging about a $500 difference on a new fit. who gives a fak imo but then $500 is $500. you can buy a lot of things for $500. like one Golf-R wheel.. ok, still $100 short.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Sold my 2015 model for a Honda CR-V, but waiting until the full changeover of the Fit (2019/20 year) hoping that Honda will give us some added interior color options. Black is not very good in Florida. Only real thing I did not like about the fits is the interior color, but I also wish they would give us a scan control knob as well as the new volume control. A little more horse power would not hurt as well.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ceramic tint would help greatly vs fading and heat.. but yah, if black is not ur color then oh well.

car definitely can use more power especially since honda is trying to make the exterior look sportier.. dont turn into a brz. lol jk

Old 10-28-2017, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
The rear drums are self adjusting these days & have been for quite a while. If that adjuster did not work you'd know it. Am I the only old guy around here that remembers 4 wheel drum brakes that had to be adjusted? I still have the tool I used to do it with.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Am I the only old guy around here that remembers 4 wheel drum brakes that had to be adjusted? I still have the tool I used to do it with.
You are not the only one... I have a complete 'kit' for drum brakes and use them since I wrench on older cars quite often. The older drums are so dag gone heavy and you learn quickly to put your gloves on if the car just rolled as they retain heat forever?!

Old 10-28-2017, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
I have those tools too. It's funny when my younger friends look at them & ask what they are for. Yes those cast iron drums are huge heat sinks.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit