General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Old 10-09-2018, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Yes it does once it goes to park, the accessories shut off if memory serves correct.
Well I tried this and am not too happy with how it works. I can place the transmission in neutral while stopped with the engine running. Turn off the ignition. Radio stays powered. Placing the transmission in Park kills the radio. So I would have to either keep my foot on the brake, or set the emergency brake and remain in neutral. Many vehicles will have retained accessory power, usually for 10 minutes, as long as no doors are opened. Just another thing on the list of annoyances.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
My Fit does keep the power on for 10 minutes after I shut the car off. At least power to the radio and windows. My 2005 Accord does it too.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal
My Fit does keep the power on for 10 minutes after I shut the car off. At least power to the radio and windows. My 2005 Accord does it too.

I don’t know if the push button start has anything to do with it.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
2015 EXL has no aux audio input jack, while lower trims do. The radio does not show any time info, elapsed or remaining, when playing music through USB or Bluetooth. Comfort access unlock, ONLY unlocks the driver’s door when placing your hand in the driver’s door handle outside. Instant fuel economy gauge serves no real purpose for me. The material on the floor where people’s feet go has no resemblance to carpeting. No retained accessory power when switching off the engine for the radio. This is significant to me. If I’m on the phone or listening to music and park, I must leave the engine running until finished.
In the LX, all you have to do to keep the radio on, once you turn off the engine, is to make sure the key is in the "accessory" position. I would think that there must be an accessory "position" in the Fit EX models with pushbutton start-stop, is there not? Owners Manual pg 117.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
In the LX, all you have to do to keep the radio on, once you turn off the engine, is to make sure the key is in the "accessory" position. I would think that there must be an accessory "position" in the Fit EX models with pushbutton start-stop, is there not? Owners Manual pg 117.
When you turn off the ignition all power to the radio and any accessories stops. You can turn on the push button start to the accessory position AFTER turning the ignition off, but cannot turn off the ignition and move to the accessory position seamlessly.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 PM
Bucket seats(l've been driving Mercury Grand Marquis' since 2005).

Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
When you turn off the ignition all power to the radio and any accessories stops. You can turn on the push button start to the accessory position AFTER turning the ignition off, but cannot turn off the ignition and move to the accessory position seamlessly.
Have you tried this. From another forum not sure if it works though:

On Hondas with pushbutton start and automatic transmissions, you can work around this by holding the shift lever release button while pressing the START/STOP button which will turn the engine off and leave the accessories on for a few seconds unless you press the START/STOP button again without your foot on the brake. It takes some coordination. You can also shift to neutral then press the START/STOP button which will accomplish the same thing, but as soon as you shift to park everything goes off. If one forgets to shift to park, the vehicle may roll away. Not good. I'm not aware of such a "cheat" on models with manual transmissions short of stalling the engine by releasing the clutch while holding the brake. Haha! (Don't do that - I was merely pointing out the possibility!)

Old 10-23-2018, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member

That's what I thought. Sound like, another way to say this, is if you want to switch from ignition mode to accessory mode, you push the button twice. Push-push. No? That should be ever easier than turning the key one click to the left.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:17 PM
its so loud on the highway.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
... that my new car is sooooo much faster than it😞... but at least it makes a good work vehicle...

Old 12-01-2018, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Not that I don't like it.
Fact is...I like it, so that's why I ask...
"Could it of been designed better?".

And I'm talking about the reverse camera in my 2016 Honda Fit EX.
It's great most of the time.
But I live where winter represents a LOT of rain. And way too often once we hit the rainy season the back-up camera becomes frustratingly useless because I go to use it and find a raindrop has totally obscured the view, and turned it into a blurred cataract of a mess.

Could it of been designed better? Placed in a more protective area? Lens material that repels rain drops?

I've considered trying putting some rain-X on the camera lens, but have NOT done it, for fear that the chemicals might cause some permanent clouding or other unforeseen issue. Worst than an occasional raindrop would be permanent damage.
But on a cold rainy night, it can be really frustrating to put the vehicle in reverse to back into a parking spot, and then notice that the back-up camera is totally worthless. Not sure if a design tweak could lessen this reality.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Not that I don't like it.
Fact is...I like it, so that's why I ask...
"Could it of been designed better?".

And I'm talking about the reverse camera in my 2016 Honda Fit EX.
It's great most of the time.
But I live where winter represents a LOT of rain. And way too often once we hit the rainy season the back-up camera becomes frustratingly useless because I go to use it and find a raindrop has totally obscured the view, and turned it into a blurred cataract of a mess.

Could it of been designed better? Placed in a more protective area? Lens material that repels rain drops?

I've considered trying putting some rain-X on the camera lens, but have NOT done it, for fear that the chemicals might cause some permanent clouding or other unforeseen issue. Worst than an occasional raindrop would be permanent damage.
But on a cold rainy night, it can be really frustrating to put the vehicle in reverse to back into a parking spot, and then notice that the back-up camera is totally worthless. Not sure if a design tweak could lessen this reality.
Our over engineered VW solved this problem by having the camera behind the VW emblem in the back It tilts inward to reveal the camera when in reverse. It's one more thing to break, but the lens stays spotless since it's only deployed when in reverse and tucked up inside.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:58 PM
I love my 2015 Fit EX 6spd, but one of my biggest pet peeves is with the rear hatch. The ONLY way it can be opened (at least on mine) is through the handle on the outside. It can't be opened from the inside at all, and there is no button on the dash to open it from the driver or passenger seat. I understand that the Fit was engineered to be very inexpensive, but this has quickly become one of my least favorite features on my Fit. Does anyone else feel this way?

Old 12-03-2018, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ogrelode
I love my 2015 Fit EX 6spd, but one of my biggest pet peeves is with the rear hatch. The ONLY way it can be opened (at least on mine) is through the handle on the outside. It can't be opened from the inside at all, and there is no button on the dash to open it from the driver or passenger seat. I understand that the Fit was engineered to be very inexpensive, but this has quickly become one of my least favorite features on my Fit. Does anyone else feel this way?
Is there a hatchback car that is different? I could be mistaken, but I think only SUV's and crossovers offer a power rear liftgate. Fit, Corolla iM, Fiesta, Impreza, etc all require opening the hatch manually from the outside as far as I know.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Is there a hatchback car that is different? I could be mistaken, but I think only SUV's and crossovers offer a power rear liftgate. Fit, Corolla iM, Fiesta, Impreza, etc all require opening the hatch manually from the outside as far as I know.
I doubt there are, with a quick search I found that some BMW sedans have power trunks, but those are luxury vehicles. I don't mind not having a power lift gate button, what irks me is the fact that it can't be opened manually from the inside at all. From a safety perspective, if someone was kidnapped and thrown into the back, they would be unable to open the hatch at all if they were trapped on the inside. Many regular sedans and coupes have a glow in the dark lever on the inside of the trunk area that allows it to be opened by someone on the inside if they did find themselves trapped in the trunk. It's just slightly inconvenient to me I guess, and although i'm no engineer, I feel like it wouldn't be incredibly difficult to simply add a handle to the interior of the hatch to allow it to be opened from the inside.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ogrelode
if someone was kidnapped and thrown into the back, they would be unable to open the hatch at all if they were trapped on the inside. Many regular sedans and coupes have a glow in the dark lever on the inside of the trunk area that allows it to be opened by someone on the inside if they did find themselves trapped in the trunk.
Umm its a hatch lol. You can get to the front seats from the trunk. If you take the cover off you can pop the hatch from the inside (not that a child could).

Old 12-03-2018, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I know it's old, but on my 93 celica GT hatchback, it had a lever to open the hatchback. It was on the lower left of the driver's seat. Aaaaaah, the simple days

Old 12-03-2018, 11:56 PM
...and the first time someone's kid opened that hatch and fell out of the back in freeway traffic we'd all be paying $100 more per car to pay for the legal settlement.

You can also no longer open the 60/40 seats to the trunk from the inside. It turns out if you are a competitive shooter (or need to transport guns) this keeps you legal as you cannot access those guns, which are concealed, from the inside of the cabin.

I do think some kind of under-dash release would be nice, perhaps behind the pop-out glove compartment you take out to change the cabin air filter. You'd really have to want to pop it from the inside then. Not what you had in mind though. I really don't see an issue walking back there where I MUST go anyway to get whatever it is I'm going to get out of it. I actually wish there was some kind of vent back there to stop the thrubbing when the front windows are down.

BTW, the WORST under-dash toggle EVER was the one on my 2013 Altima. The front hood release was right next to the gas lid release. It was incredibly easy to reach down and pull the wrong one. I had to check my hood everytime I gassed up just to be sure. They got sued for that IIRC, as well as dozens of other retarded things. The worst POS I ever owned. Rattled, rumbled, shoot, groaned. I ended up driving it for the last 34 months with a piece of gum stuck under the smoked plastic gauge cover on the dash to keep it from rattling. Horrible, horrible car. I will NEVER own another Nissan, and I drove them for almost 15 years before that.

Last edited by solidpoint; 12-03-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:08 AM
Cool Tool for the Job

Originally Posted by simply
... that my new car is sooooo much faster than it😞... but at least it makes a good work vehicle...
Isn't that like buying a Ferrari and then bitching about the gas mileage?
Honda sells their Civic Type R engine as a boxed item. Weekend project?

Old 12-04-2018, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solidpoint
...and the first time someone's kid opened that hatch and fell out of the back in freeway traffic we'd all be paying $100 more per car to pay for the legal settlement.

You can also no longer open the 60/40 seats to the trunk from the inside. It turns out if you are a competitive shooter (or need to transport guns) this keeps you legal as you cannot access those guns, which are concealed, from the inside of the cabin.

I do think some kind of under-dash release would be nice, perhaps behind the pop-out glove compartment you take out to change the cabin air filter. You'd really have to want to pop it from the inside then. Not what you had in mind though. I really don't see an issue walking back there where I MUST go anyway to get whatever it is I'm going to get out of it. I actually wish there was some kind of vent back there to stop the thrubbing when the front windows are down.

BTW, the WORST under-dash toggle EVER was the one on my 2013 Altima. The front hood release was right next to the gas lid release. It was incredibly easy to reach down and pull the wrong one. I had to check my hood everytime I gassed up just to be sure. They got sued for that IIRC, as well as dozens of other retarded things. The worst POS I ever owned. Rattled, rumbled, shoot, groaned. I ended up driving it for the last 34 months with a piece of gum stuck under the smoked plastic gauge cover on the dash to keep it from rattling. Horrible, horrible car. I will NEVER own another Nissan, and I drove them for almost 15 years before that.
Why would the kid not be seatbelted or in a car seat?

I can open the 60/40 seats from the inside? The latch mechanism works from inside the car to lower the rear seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit