Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   How to SAVE GAS and $$$!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/13259-how-save-gas.html)

BluNaruto 04-26-2007 04:18 AM

How to SAVE GAS and $$$!!!

I came across this site on craigslist; Ethos Fuel Reformulator, Fuel Increaser and Performance Enhancer (<--click) check out the video. It seem legit? does anyone have any experience wit this product? plz do tell!

for everyone who getting above 30mpg/city. please state what gas station you go to and gas type (87,91,super, regular, etc...) this will help us out a lot in our search of saving gas. thanks

chazmataz 08-18-2007 10:08 AM

Its a MLM setup. Looks like snake oil to me. Check out http://www.mmfhoh.org/index.php?title=lifewave_gas_patches_lifewavers_mo ve_on_ Supposedly you add 1 oz per 10 gals of gas and get 7 - 30% gas mileage improvement. And you can drink it! So, its something similar to vegetable oil or colored water if you ask me. But, I have not tried it so, I could be wrong.

deezfit 08-20-2007 01:04 AM

uhh im not gonna put additives in my car

kps 08-20-2007 09:28 AM

MLM scam.

Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view: Ethos FR

ChrisN 08-20-2007 12:39 PM

Did you take your pills, today?

Oh, Yeah! How about this: ABC News: Can a Pill Reduce Your Gas Costs?

What a joke!!!:rolleyes:

gummyrabbit 08-20-2007 02:32 PM

Best way to save gas:

1) Get rid of all the junk in the car...extra weight uses gas.
2) Go on a diet...any weight you lose will translate into less mass for the car to move.
3) Drive at a steady speed.
4) Keep your tires properly inflated.
5) Use the A/C as little as possible.

:D

Kostas 08-31-2007 08:19 AM

Put an LPG kit. LPG has 40% cheaper price than gasoline.

JamesBizzle 08-31-2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by gummyrabbit (Post 167536)
Best way to save gas:
5) Use the A/C as little as possible.

:D

to add to this:

Except if you're on the highway and think that you'll save more gas by having your windows rolled down instead of using the AC. You'll actually waste less gas with your AC on and windows up in this case because there will be less "drag factor on the car".

in the city, you should have your windows down to keep cool instead of using your AC.

iambenny5000 08-31-2007 04:14 PM

That theory was squashed in a past episode of Mythbusters. They took two suvs on a track with the same amount of gas in each - one with the windows up and a/c running and the other with the windows rolled down; both traveling the same speed. The car with the a/c on always ran out of gas first.I think they did the experiment like 3 or 4 times to make sure. I'm sure you can find it on their website or something.

Kostas 08-31-2007 04:48 PM

I saw the episode of Mythbusters. But after a month a new episode they said that there is a limit 80km/hr. When you are under the 80 is better that you have windows down. After the 80 is better that you have the windows close.
Any way I think that they did a mistake. The SUB that has the a/c at on, I noticed that they had put the FULL of the switch. This is a mistake because nobody works the a/c all time full.

JamesBizzle 08-31-2007 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kostas (Post 170624)
I saw the episode of Mythbusters. But after a month a new episode they said that there is a limit 80km/hr. When you are under the 80 is better that you have windows down. After the 80 is better that you have the windows close.
Any way I think that they did a mistake. The SUB that has the a/c at on, I noticed that they had put the FULL of the switch. This is a mistake because nobody works the a/c all time full.

Ahh, good to know. thanks for sharing. For others in the States 80km/h = 49.71 mph.

Sugarphreak 08-31-2007 06:17 PM

Come on guys, The honest folks down at Fox News would never lie to the public....

...Bwaaahahahahaha :D The oil companies probably paid them to run that story! :p

Kostas 09-01-2007 07:53 AM

you can use at downroads like brake so you put the brake less

aaa12345 10-11-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by iambenny5000 (Post 170616)
That theory was squashed in a past episode of Mythbusters. They took two suvs on a track with the same amount of gas in each - one with the windows up and a/c running and the other with the windows rolled down; both traveling the same speed. The car with the a/c on always ran out of gas first.I think they did the experiment like 3 or 4 times to make sure. I'm sure you can find it on their website or something.

Doesn't it also depends on what car that is?

Kostas 10-14-2007 11:56 AM

Yes you have right.