Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   What do others say about your Fit? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/15949-what-do-others-say-about-your-fit.html)

Steeldog 08-01-2007 07:24 PM

What do others say about your Fit?

What kind of reaction does your car usually get from strangers, coworkers, and non-car-aficionado friends?

People have asked me about it being a hybrid, of course, but some people seem to really love it and want to know more about it, while others just think it's some sort of new minivan. Almost nobody uses the words "pretty" or "ugly". (That's probably because it isn't either of those.)

Almost everyone says "cool" or "neat". (It IS both of those.)

My favorite was from my friend in New York, The Lovely Kathleen, who said "It's got so much CHARACTER!" Now that, I like. Sums up the Fit for me.;)

T-Fit 08-01-2007 07:41 PM

People seem to love it or hate it. I love the thing myself and have since the first time I saw a picture of it. A few of my friends and co workers thing it's a pretty cool car and a few of them just have non stop jokes and call it the "micro van" Eather way 90% of the reactions I get are good.

JamesBizzle 08-01-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by T-Fit (Post 162310)
People seem to love it or hate it. I love the thing myself and have since the first time I saw a picture of it. A few of my friends and co workers thing it's a pretty cool car and a few of them just have non stop jokes and call it the "micro van" Eather way 90% of the reactions I get are good.

I get the mini van from some of my friends, "is that a Hybrid" from a few strangers and I get taunted on how slow it is and how stupid I am for putting expensive parts on the car when it'll never be fast, but that doesn't matter to me cause chicks dig it! :) I ALWAYS get "You're car is CUTE", which matters the most. :D

Wave 08-01-2007 07:53 PM

:D :D :D I can't believe I can't shake this guy!:D :D :D

TOOL 08-01-2007 07:57 PM

Ive had a few people say it looks like a Mini-Van, and that kinda sucks because the last thing i want to be doing is driving a mini-van lol. One person said it looks like a car of the future!

xorbe 08-01-2007 08:02 PM

Everyone asks "is it a hybrid?" or "that's cute"...

EYEoneFIT 08-01-2007 08:13 PM

"Hey, that's a cute car. Is it your girlfriends?"

hotkamote 08-01-2007 08:25 PM

That they used to hate it and it makes them wanna get one for themselves :P

my friends call my engine "Singer sewing machine" lmao

FITs2aT 08-01-2007 10:02 PM

Cool car!

I have had the hybrid questions too but one guy pulled beside me and asked what does F-I-T stand for? I told him "Fit. It's a Fit." He responded "Ya, but what does it stand for??" To which I replied "Everything FitS." "Ahhhh, he said, cool car."

I get approached in parking lots by people who want to check it out and see people hanging their head out the window as they pass, getting a look.

And best of all, my kids' teenage friends all think it's the coolest car ever!! "Can we ride in the FIT?" they ask. Beats the mini-van I ditched to get the FiT!!!!!

My friends and colleagues are amazed at the space inside.

Its funny that I used to say stuff like "Can you get the groceries from the van?" But I don't call the Fit "the car." It's "Can you get the stuff from the FIT."

My son noticed this and because we also have a truck he said "Mom, you never say, go get the stuff from the Dodge." "How come all of us call it the FiT instead of the car?" hehe

pip_rocks 08-02-2007 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Steeldog (Post 162302)
What kind of reaction does your car usually get from strangers, coworkers, and non-car-aficionado friends?

People have asked me about it being a hybrid, of course, but some people seem to really love it and want to know more about it, while others just think it's some sort of new minivan. Almost nobody uses the words "pretty" or "ugly". (That's probably because it isn't either of those.)

Almost everyone says "cool" or "neat". (It IS both of those.)

My favorite was from my friend in New York, The Lovely Kathleen, who said "It's got so much CHARACTER!" Now that, I like. Sums up the Fit for me.;)

your friend kathleen is completely right, i get that a lot as well. when i dropped mine off to get the bumpers repainted they gave me an '07 accord for my loaner. everyone that saw it in that short time said how boring it was compared to my fit, and it didn't "fit" me at all, heh.

i was also told it looks like a tomato (milano red, of course).

FITrunner 08-02-2007 11:08 AM

The most common reaction I get is "wow its small", yet when the actually sit inside the thing, the next statement is usually, "damn its actually roomy". :)

gummyrabbit 08-02-2007 11:53 AM

Almost all the reactions I get are "It's so cute!"....:p

TeamEMC 08-02-2007 01:18 PM

Most of the guys here say FIT ugh what's that stand for "**** it's Tiny".. All I say is do you get 40MPG? cause I have......

TomPer 08-02-2007 01:29 PM

TomPer's Fit Comments

I usually get "Is it a hybrid" or "It's really cute." My favorite thing is when I look out and see people walking around it looking through the windows to see what's inside. (C'mon folks ... it's small but it's not a box of Cracker Jack!) And of course I always have people asking me if I like it. My reply? It's the most fun to drive of any car I've ever owned.

BBRFit 08-02-2007 01:47 PM

A lot of my friends are import guys so most of the time I get "I wanted to get one of these" " I want one now"

Car is so much more practical than my miata :D

MarkB 08-02-2007 02:13 PM

Yeah I get the " it's Cute" to. Alot of Girls seem to like them to. One of my clients told me that " at least you are not one of those guys that is insecure about the size of his genitalia." :D

K LoLo 08-02-2007 02:14 PM

I get the cute thing all the time.

I was in a drive thru getting some food once, and the girl leaned out the window to look towards the back and said, "Man, I thought it was small so i was lookin to see if its longer...but that really is it"

leehom 08-02-2007 03:23 PM

People tell me it's a girly car then I proceed to punch them in the jaw and make them eat dirt.

j/k, people say it's cute....

Jackal 08-02-2007 06:51 PM

i get a "thats cute" or "is it a hybrid" but recently "isn't that a chick car?"

Steeldog 08-02-2007 07:11 PM

Not so tiny

Originally Posted by TeamEMC (Post 162532)
Most of the guys here say FIT ugh what's that stand for "**** it's Tiny".. All I say is do you get 40MPG? cause I have......

Tell them it stands for "Fuel Is Tangible" or "Fuel Is Two-ninety-five" !:)

I love that some people think it's "chick car". So funny! That would only bother a guy who WAS insecure about his, um, equipment. :D :D

Think I'll put on my pink shirt and go for a ride! Wish I had some of those God-awful "Crocs", or at least some of those cork sandals.

Most of you FitFreaks are not old enough to remember when Mustangs came out, but they were considered a girl's car back then, before people started hot-rodding them.

And Barbie drives a Corvette, you know.;)

Yeeeaaaaaay!

I am heading for the beach early tomorrow morning in my Fit! Yow!:D