Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   '09 Fit comes in Pink!!! and 11 other colors (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/17824-09-fit-comes-pink-11-other-colors.html)

flyellow 10-18-2007 02:43 AM

'09 Fit comes in Pink!!! and 11 other colors

Honda Worldwide | October 18, 2007 "Honda to Begin Sales of the All-New Fit in Japan"

Honda Worldwide | October 18, 2007 "Honda to Begin Sales of the All-New Fit in Japan"

doctordoom 10-18-2007 03:11 AM

whoo it's coming out soon! i'm excited, even though i won't be getting one.

TomPer 10-18-2007 06:30 AM

Time to start saving your pennies boys and girls!

SHiFT 10-18-2007 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by TomPer (Post 186019)
Time to start saving your pennies boys and girls!

Already working on it. ;) Any word on pricing?

SheepNutz 10-18-2007 07:45 AM

Hell yeah! Did anyone check out all the pics? 63 of them total on that page, my favorites show off the sky roof and the locking gas door. They show an ipod near the e-brake handle, but I wonder where the aux input is, hopefully in the same spot as the 07 fit.

txmatt 10-18-2007 09:14 AM

Aha! Picture of water bottle standing in the door map pocket. I guess that accounts for 4 of the cupholders if there's one in each door. Maybe 2 in console/dash for front passenger, 2 in back of console for rear passengers. That leaves 2: glove compartment lid, cargo area, ...?

Hocker 10-18-2007 09:14 AM

I dont dig the front end at all. Im happy with my usdm 08' :)

Fitx 10-18-2007 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hocker (Post 186048)

me too and me too!

plus, pink, but no green ?!?! seriously?

corey415 10-18-2007 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fitx (Post 186079)
me too and me too!

plus, pink, but no green ?!?! seriously?

Japan always offers crazy colours. I would be very suprised if pink was offered in the states.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 10-18-2007 10:57 AM

Fit has always been sold in pink. Theres a few GD2-GD3's on here in pink. We wont get that color in the states.

Only pink cars we have here are custom Mary Kay Cadillacs. Hahah!

HapaLynai 10-18-2007 10:59 AM

We'll never get those exotic colors over here. It'll be the standard silver, black, red, etc. and maybe one unique color =/

TOOL 10-18-2007 11:00 AM

That would be crazy if the US got pink!

lambert 10-18-2007 02:09 PM

I agree, the front end styling is a little...snarly.

But look at all that extra storage. Under the hatch floor, underneath the rear seats, and an upper-dash glovebox! And another big plus is the pull-down cover for the stereo.

The '09 interior is exceptionally better than the current models, but it's too bad the front end resembles a Prius.

Apex77 10-18-2007 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hocker (Post 186048)

Amen to that. These are going to be built here in the states, so everyone and their mother will have one. 1st gen will be unique and scarce :)

smatts 10-18-2007 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Apex77 (Post 186189)
These are going to be built here in the states

Please post your source on this information, from what I've read they are to be built in Japan the same as before. The new plant they are building in the USA has been confirmed to be building Civic's to start once it's operational. Too many people have been saying the fit is going to be made in the USA but there has been no press release stating this information.

"The Greensburg plant is scheduled to begin production on 200,000 Civic sedans in the fall of 2008."

"to be known as Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC (HMIN) and revealed that the new plant's 2,000 associates will produce the popular and fuel efficient Honda Civic sedan when mass production begins in fall 2008."

"Major production processes performed at the Indiana plant will include stamping, welding, painting, plastic injection molding, sub-assembly and final assembly operations. Mass production of the 2009-model Civic sedan is scheduled to begin in fall 2008."

Honda Worldwide | March 19, 2007 "Honda Officially Breaks Ground for New Auto Plant"

Apex77 10-18-2007 03:06 PM

I don't have to quote a source. This can be deduced by all the information that has been floating around for the last 3 years.

They said the plant will be used for fuel efficient small Honda's. Civics have been confirmed but not the Fit. But it only makes sense that they will build Fits there also. Why not? It makes good business sense.
There was a good reason not to build the 1st gen here in the States. Honda knew the body style was going to change within 2 years of it being introduced to North America. Why convert a factory or build one to manufacture a car thats going away after 2008.
Also, why keep shipping cars from Japan (2008 and onward) when they are building a brand new plant right here?
There is high demand for the Fit in North America. So the reason for also using the new plant for Fits has been long justified.
Total no-brainer.
No need for sources, it's obvious. Just like it's bound to rain when the sky gets real dark from huge Gray rain clouds. :)

Apex77 10-18-2007 03:13 PM

Here is one source ...not official, but another dark cloud adding to the picture

Global Insight // Same-Day Analysis

flyellow 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

I like the sunroof feature, but not especially the lines. A bit too sharp. But I love the RS tail lights!!! I want them!!!:cool:

jacksan1 10-18-2007 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Apex77 (Post 186201)
I don't have to quote a source. This can be deduced by all the information that has been floating around for the last 3 years.

They said the plant will be used for fuel efficient small Honda's. Civics have been confirmed but not the Fit. But it only makes sense that they will build Fits there also. Why not? It makes good business sense.
There was a good reason not to build the 1st gen here in the States. Honda knew the body style was going to change within 2 years of it being introduced to North America. Why convert a factory or build one to manufacture a car thats going away after 2008.
Also, why keep shipping cars from Japan (2008 and onward) when they are building a brand new plant right here?
There is high demand for the Fit in North America. So the reason for also using the new plant for Fits has been long justified.
Total no-brainer.
No need for sources, it's obvious. Just like it's bound to rain when the sky gets real dark from huge Gray rain clouds. :)

Greensburg does not have an immediate plan to assemble the new Fit. That's a fact. And the Civic's line (actually lines) at Greensburg cannot easily (basically cannot, period) cut over to the Fit's production because its capacity will be completely tapped out with the Civic. That does not mean, of course, that Honda cannot eventually set up a Fit line in Greensburg. It is just not in Honda's immediate plan. (Source: Nihon Keizai Shimbun)

Reuters Japan has also reported citing Honda sources that Suzuka will assemble the new Fit "for the time being" alongside the 1st-gen Fit for the non-Japanese markets. In addition, Reuters reports that the new Fit will eventually be assembled at four (4) locations outside of Japan, "including China and Thailand." Greensburg was not mentioned in this article.

One additional note of interest: Honda has told the Reuters Japan that there will be "no diesel Fit for Europe."

Raaaaaaaaaay. 10-18-2007 04:20 PM

I didnt know the seats swiveled like that? Probably because I think the new Fit will be junk. That thing is butt ass fugly.