Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   2007 fit sport BURNING OIL (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/18709-2007-fit-sport-burning-oil.html)

twinturbolvr 11-20-2007 03:48 PM

2007 fit sport BURNING OIL

i have an 07 fit sport. im going through a quart of oil every 1000 miles!!!! if i get my oil changed when i am sheduled to @3000 miles, my car would be 3 quarts low. is this normal behavior? considering the fit 1.5L engine olny holds 3.5 quarts. this started @ around 20k, and i am @ 46k. and i have been through 2 dealerships and both of them telling me my new car is supposed to burn 1 quart per 1k miles, but no paperwork has been shown to me proving their claim. please help!!!!!! :(

manxman 11-20-2007 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by twinturbolvr (Post 197190)
i have an 07 fit sport. im going through a quart of oil every 1000 miles!!!! if i get my oil changed when i am sheduled to @3000 miles, my car would be 3 quarts low. is this normal behavior? considering the fit 1.5L engine olny holds 3.5 quarts. this started @ around 20k, and i am @ 46k. and i have been through 2 dealerships and both of them telling me my new car is supposed to burn 1 quart per 1k miles, but no paperwork has been shown to me proving their claim. please help!!!!!! :(

The dealer is absolutely LYING to you. A well made, properly maintained engine can run for hundreds of thousands of miles without burning any oil at all. Another member in KY has the same problem- use the search button to find his thread.

You have a serious warranty issue- don't let your, or ANY Honda dealer give you the runaround.

Firebat666 11-20-2007 04:34 PM

i must agree... any dealer tellin u it is normal to burn 1qt per 1000mi. is an crack... tell them to fix your car! delers are for the most part lieing peices of crap! i'm lucky my dealer is very good to me (other than trying to only give me 1 key witch i called them on)

doctordoom 11-20-2007 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by twinturbolvr (Post 197190)

lemon law that car! don't listen to your dealer, they don't know anything. burning that amount of oil is just ridiculous. either it's leaking or your fit is having problems.

grouser 11-20-2007 10:05 PM

Totoal B.S.,,,
Get one of the SOB's to put that in writting and if he's dumb enough to then you have his balls to give to Honda,,,keep going up the ladder u;ntill you get help,,,,

F-IT!!! 11-20-2007 10:10 PM

if your still on warrenty they suppose to fix the problem. your car is not suppose to burn oil until it hits 70k and over thats when high mileage oil comes in to play. So what they telling you is total BULLSHIIIT..... get it fixed or throw a law suit.

manxman 11-20-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by doctordoom (Post 197320)
lemon law that car! don't listen to your dealer, they don't know anything. burning that amount of oil is just ridiculous. either it's leaking or your fit is having problems.

He doesn't qualify for lemon law action yet- maybe you should read it- use the "search" button.

doctordoom 11-20-2007 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by manxman (Post 197347)
He doesn't qualify for lemon law action yet- maybe you should read it- use the "search" button.

oh yea lemon law's for cars that keep having the same problem or something huh? thanks for your advice but no thanks.