Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Front Lip Hit Bottom (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/22865-front-lip-hit-bottom.html)

tin 03-24-2008 05:41 PM

Front Lip Hit Bottom

After 3 months, I scraped my front lip (is that what it's called?) for the first time coming out of a movie theater parking lot. I've gone out from that exit before with no problem, but I guess due to weather wear there was a small pot whole at the bottom of the curb cut. I was kinda freaked out when I heard the "boom!" because it didn't sound like a simple scrap, but nothing seem broken so I continue on my way.

Anyway, when I checked the next day (it was late at night) there wasn't much damage, but one of the rubber tabs at each side of the lip was scraped pretty bad, so I guess that tab protected the lip. But I did notice that when I push down or pull up on the lip, it squeaks slightly. And when I pull up on the lip the gap between the front lip and the next body panel actually gets a little smaller, so the lip is ever so slightly loose. I've never checked before, but I'm assuming it's normal?

Thank you little round tabs! Anyone know if they are there for scraps or do they hold the body kit piece in place and just happens to be there?

Mr.Ball 03-24-2008 06:18 PM

They hold it in place.

dbcmaster 03-24-2008 07:36 PM

Yup. Same thing happened to me. My lip is all scraped to hell. I just shrugged and thought about the future .... Kenstyle or Mugen kit ... mmmmmmarrrrrggggggggg

smatts 03-24-2008 07:42 PM

Lips get scratched, scraped and chipped. It's all part of owning a sporty little low car. My after market lip is destroyed, and my stock lip has plenty of scrapes. No worries though, that's what they are there for :)

Combo 03-24-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by smatts (Post 265082)
Lips get scratched, scraped and chipped. It's all part of owning a sporty little low car. My after market lip is destroyed, and my stock lip has plenty of scrapes. No worries though, that's what they are there for :)

dude keep it simple..it's just a honda

SD_MR_FIT 03-24-2008 09:13 PM

my lip exploded when i hit a pipe that took the whole lane up.

good bye carbon fiber mugen lip :(

its okay, ill get another one.

goodyonsen 03-24-2008 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT (Post 265168)
my lip exploded when i hit a pipe that took the whole lane up.

good bye carbon fiber mugen lip :(

its okay, ill get another one.

I wish i could have seen this in my rearview mirror. :p

Firebat666 03-24-2008 10:34 PM

mine is F*cked up too but not bad... what irks me is behind the lip there is like a plastic splash guard or scrape guard... well mine id broken and keeps falling off.. i know there are plastic tabs to hold it up... but is snapped off around those, also a bolt is missing on it... does any one know hat i am talking about and if so what size bolt do i need to replace it? thanks

Mr.Ball 03-24-2008 10:58 PM

If you go to HondaAutoMotiveParts.com(Majestic Honda)they have detailed diagram's of every part of the Fit(very easy to find any part's)and you can order the part's very cheap.:)