Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   AMAZING auto photographer/Siphon cover (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/24000-amazing-auto-photographer-siphon-cover.html)

jsensk 04-15-2008 05:38 PM

AMAZING auto photographer/Siphon cover

This guy is one of the very best IMO. He shot the HKS Fit on the cover of the last issue of Siphon. If you scroll down on his site (from the link provided) you see his insane original shot that the magazine ended up modifying to fit the cover.

Overall his work is pretty amazing.

Steve Demmitt Photography : Follow your bliss..

JDMchris.com 04-15-2008 05:54 PM

I remember Steve from BACK in the day. He had such a clean EK! We were both on www.civichatchback.com. his photography has progressed alot. Here is his old site... optikdesign.net

cavie187 04-15-2008 06:11 PM

I don't know. Some of his stuff is really, really good, and some is very poorly photo shopped. Maybe that is the look he was going for (for advertising or something)....?

Fitcapo 04-15-2008 06:22 PM

Has some decent stuff but most of it is photoshopped to hell. Honestly it looks like he spends more time on the computer then behind the camera IMO.

Definately seen alot better.

cavie187 04-15-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fitcapo (Post 284101)
Has some decent stuff but most of it is photoshopped to hell. Honestly it looks like he spends more time on the computer then behind the camera IMO.

Definately seen alot better.

Thanks for saying what I was avoiding.

jsensk 04-16-2008 01:24 AM

Rest assured he spends more time at the computer. That's the style. To me that is an artform in and of itself. He's taking the image closer to his idea than he could with the capture alone. It's more about design than just straight photography.

xxbodkinxx 04-16-2008 08:33 AM

I really like Erik Tong. He actully started by shooting some of the clubrsx's guys car as well as his own rsx and I guess his career has somewhet taken off. Great vision in his photos though.

Eric Tong Photography ©

billmus86 04-16-2008 08:39 AM

1 picture of the fit chopped 3 different ways, boo

redrumm 04-16-2008 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jsensk (Post 284578)
Rest assured he spends more time at the computer. That's the style. To me that is an artform in and of itself. He's taking the image closer to his idea than he could with the capture alone. It's more about design than just straight photography.

exactly. its sometimes to hard to capture what you want on a camera so it needs to be edited to the way you want it

Arisenfury 04-16-2008 09:25 AM

If he spends more time on the computer than behind the camera then he's a Graphic Designer not a Photographer IMO...

Some of his stuff is pretty good, that HDR of the Lexus is hideous though.

jsensk 04-16-2008 09:50 AM

Oh my. Well this is clearly not the place for a debate about what modern photography is, and the "designer/vs. photographer" label thing is just flat out silly and I will not go there as it goes nowhere.

I will think twice before making posts with this type of content in the future.

jsensk 04-16-2008 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by xxbodkinxx (Post 284674)
I really like Erik Tong. He actully started by shooting some of the clubrsx's guys car as well as his own rsx and I guess his career has somewhet taken off. Great vision in his photos though.

Eric Tong Photography ©

Very nice work. I like his stuff a lot. Another one that's not for these "purists", though.

hanzo 04-16-2008 01:02 PM

Some nice photoshop work with good photography.

TOOL 04-16-2008 01:09 PM

WOW! Very impressive.

Tyler

NIGHTHAWKSI 04-16-2008 01:25 PM

got this link from 8thcivic
Gallery Presentation - photo.net
this guys got some skills. no SLR involved, not too much photoshop either

jsensk 04-16-2008 01:39 PM

Indeed he does have skills.

cavie187 04-16-2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI (Post 284842)
got this link from 8thcivic
Gallery Presentation - photo.net
this guys got some skills. no SLR involved, not too much photoshop either

What? There is photoshop work done in EVERY shot there. Granted he does very nice work, and it takes a LOT of skill, but in my personal opinion, I think photoshop took a lot of the skill OUT of photography.

...maybe I am just old fashioned.

jsensk 04-16-2008 01:43 PM

You are indeed old fashioned ;).

Arisenfury 04-16-2008 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jsensk
You are indeed old fashioned ;).

Go to a major photography forum like Nikon Café and you'll find most photographers (Professionals and hobbiest) will look down on excessive photoshopping. Not to say the pictures don't look amazing, but you can't call it photography if half or more of the picture wasn't even done with a camera.

The guy is by no means untalented but I'd draw a line at anything you couldn't do with film and a darkroom.

cavie187 04-16-2008 07:13 PM

I think it comes down to personal taste, but I am about 95% in agreement with him ^^^^^^^