Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Anyone Seeking Good Gas Mileage, Must Read (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/25445-anyone-seeking-good-gas-mileage-must-read.html)

solbrothers 05-18-2008 12:07 AM

Anyone Seeking Good Gas Mileage, Must Read

This Guy Can Get 59 MPG in a Plain Old Accord. Beat That, Punk.

this is an awesome read. somewhat lengthy, but definitely a cool story.

i think this should be stickied.

Fray Adjacent 05-18-2008 01:48 AM

Some of the stuff that guy does is STUPID. Sure, you get more fuel efficiency, but seriously... There's a point where you're going too far.

solbrothers 05-18-2008 02:07 AM

i agree. but his mentality is spot on. parking so you have a clear exit, the fact that he slowed to a stop when the lady sped up and SLAMMED on the brakes.

things like that will help. and damn, 180MPG in an insight!! that's just crazy!

pb and h 05-18-2008 08:12 AM

I remember reading that............obsessed, that is what my wifes says I am and all I want to do is break 50mpg.:p Time is obviously NOT a concern for him.

solbrothers 05-18-2008 10:09 AM

yeah lol. but, you definitely can't argue with his results. he's getting 59mpg in an accord!!! people aren't even doing that in fits LOL

Originally Posted by pb and h (Post 312005)
I remember reading that............obsessed, that is what my wifes says I am and all I want to do is break 50mpg.:p Time is obviously NOT a concern for him.

solbrothers 05-22-2008 03:33 PM

bump for more people to read this article

gofastredfit 05-22-2008 03:53 PM

That dude has like a mental health condition that causes him to be compolsive!!! If I had a mt I might play w/ some of those ideas...

RichXKU 05-22-2008 06:22 PM

That's Wayne from cleanMPG.com
He was just on the CBS early show monday, after driving a Prius form Chicago to NYC on a single tank.

Double Your Gas Mileage By "Hypermiling", Expert Tells How, Then He, Benno Schmit, And Bianca Solorzano Give It A Go - CBS News

grimm79 05-27-2008 04:30 PM

That is a given. You will always get better mileage if you stay in a semi truck's draft.

solbrothers 05-27-2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by grimm79 (Post 321268)
That is a given. You will always get better mileage if you stay in a semi truck's draft.

it isn't just that. all his methods combined work wonders on the fuel economy

RichXKU 05-27-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 321379)
it isn't just that. all his methods combined work wonders on the fuel economy

And yet no one believes me in my 70 MPG thread :rolleyes:

solbrothers 05-27-2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by RichXKU (Post 321414)
And yet no one believes me in my 70 MPG thread :rolleyes:

ehhhh... i don't agree with your gas filling techniques. not calling you a liar or anything, but you must have some AWESOME weather conditions and only drive down hill. ;)

DVFlyer 05-28-2008 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by grimm79 (Post 321268)

Until they slam on the brakes and you rear-end them.

yeamans17 05-28-2008 04:22 PM

Good read, but the practicality of some of the techniques would drive me crazy in everyday situations. No A/C or windows down when its warm sucks bigtime.

NEK FIT 05-29-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 311892)
This Guy Can Get 59 MPG in a Plain Old Accord. Beat That, Punk.

this is an awesome read. somewhat lengthy, but definitely a cool story.

i think this should be stickied.

What a man! I genuflect at the altar of Wayne Gertes. I have threatened my wife to begin driving like he does. I love it!

solbrothers 05-29-2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by NEK FIT (Post 324376)
What a man! I genuflect at the altar of Wayne Gertes. I have threatened my wife to begin driving like he does. I love it!

you and me both lol.

Delta Flyer 05-30-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by RichXKU (Post 316271)
That's Wayne from cleanMPG.com
He was just on the CBS early show monday, after driving a Prius form Chicago to NYC on a single tank.

Double Your Gas Mileage By "Hypermiling", Expert Tells How, Then He, Benno Schmit, And Bianca Solorzano Give It A Go - CBS News

You long-time members are really reaching to find the most unflattering pictures of hypermiling, while ignoring videos like this one...a rational person would investigate and try it before coming to a conclusion.

To all these ranters that hardly know what hypermiling is calling Wayne mental - you guys aren't looking at the loser in the mirror that truly needs the thearpy. :rotfl:

http://folk.uio.no/tfredvik/g35/scans/insane.jpg

Hypermilers are CRAZY!!!

Get your act together like ME!!!!