Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Atten: Potential Buyers 08 vs 09 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/27745-atten-potential-buyers-08-vs-09-a.html)

lpmobilewood 12-16-2008 03:06 PM

Canadians don't get all options.

Originally Posted by Fitlurker (Post 418489)
Unfortunately that is true. No Paddle Shifters, no VSA, no NAV and no Tire Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) for us Canadians. I am so tempted to import a fully loaded Sport.

Have you done anything about importing one or are you, like me, hoping they will offer something more on the 2010 Canadian model?

sage 02-26-2009 02:09 AM

I would like to see side-by-side comparison pics of engine bays from the '08 and '09. I remember the '08 to have a more roomy engine bay, which would make it easier to work on.

cab0053 02-26-2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by sage (Post 588840)
I would like to see side-by-side comparison pics of engine bays from the '08 and '09. I remember the '08 to have a more roomy engine bay, which would make it easier to work on.

gd has more room

gd

ge

zonianjohn 03-20-2009 06:12 AM

Just more to go wrong.

Originally Posted by cab0053 (Post 358532)
I noticed that there are quite a few new members (:wavey:welcome) in the market for a FIT, but not sure to go for the 08 or 09. They are reposting quite a bit because a) they do not read the 66+ pages on the 09, and/or b) do not search.

This thread will be just a list of differences with no opinions, just facts/specs. It also will be focusing on Fits in America.

2008:

BASE and SPORT have the same engine (vtec 1.5L109hp@5800 and torque:105@4800) and suspension.

The SPORT has a body kit, spoiler, aux jack, cruise control, and paddle shifters (for the AT), and 15" Alloy rims (BASE has 14" hubcabs).

colors:
Milano red (MR)
Nighthawk black Pearl NHBP)
Silverstorm Metallic (SSM)
Vivid Blue Pearl (VBP)
Tidewater Blue Metallic (TWB)
Blackberry Pearl (BBP) sport only
Blaze Orange Metallic (BOM) Sport only.

Prices: MSRP without transportation fee ($670)
BASE MT: $13,950
BASE AT: $14,750
Sport MT: $15,270
Sport AT: $16,070
Good luck getting these prices...

2009:

Arriving in "late September," as quoted by some dealers taking deposits.
80,000 total units for the 2009 model.

Colors: Outside/inside
Sport:
CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL/BLACK
BLUE SENSATION/BLACK
TIDEWATER BLUE METALLIC/BLACK
ORANGE REVOLUTION/BLACK
BLACKBERRY PEARL/BLACK
MILANO RED/BLACK
STORM SILVER METALLIC/BLACK
TAFFETA WHITE/BLACK

Base:

CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL/GRAY
BLUE SENSATION/GRAY
TIDEWATER BLUE METALLIC/GRAY
MILANO RED/GRAY
STORM SILVER METALLIC/GRAY
TAFFETA WHITE/GRAY //

Model numbers and Prices:

GE8729EW BASE MT - $14,620 (autoblog & egmcartech base price)
GE8829EW BASE AT~$15,420
GE8749EW SPORT MT~$15,940
GE8849EWSPORT AT ~$16,740
GE8769GW SPORT MT VSA&NAV -TBD CO dealers quoted ~$1800 extra
GE8869GW SPORT VSA&NAV -TBD
Will not have skyroof option and/or AWD, go to Japan for that.

Transmission is the same for the AT.
Apparently, the mt's transmission's ratio was lowered 3-8% which will improve acceleration but lower mpg.
Only Canadian AT's will not have spare tire

How the 09 is different:

i-vtec
maf sensor
117hp@6600
106 lb/:vtec:ft @ 4800
10 cup holders
Dead pedal
Armrest
second glove box (for ipod)
"secret" compartment under rear seats.
smaller rear seat head rests.
Navigation Option
USB jack (AUX is still there)
Steering wheel mounted controls
Windshield pulled forward 4inchs
daytime running lights
maplights

Available Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) Only with NAVI

Enhanced Suspension Calibration improves straight-line stability & handling with less understeer than before.

New power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering with a revised rack to reduce steering effort a low speed. As speed rises, the power-assist gradually increases steering effort to a more reassuring level.

Reengineered chassis improves structural rigidity by 164 percent

Tilt-and-Telescoping Steering Wheel

Two vertically mounted stiffeners positioned inside the D-pillar above the rear springs work in conjunction with the other rear modifications to bring the rear end around quicker and flatter

New supportive sport seats
built around larger full-size frame

And is generally bigger:

Wheelbase has been increased 2 inches to 98.4 inches (base-15" sport 16")
Overall Length goes up 2.2 inches to 153.5 inches.
Overall Width is 0.8 inch wider
Front Track is 1.4 inches wider
Rear Track is 1.2 inches wider
Larger Front Bushings
Torsion-Beam setup has gained another 0.8 inch in travel

NEW VIDEO
Click here to see a video on the 09 (it has a lot of repeat info)
This is the official Honda 2009 site.
and this is some more official honda stuff

2009 fit accessories
Feel free to post anymore new info on the 09. including more pics and videos.

Remember, this thread is for a list of facts. If you want options click here.

Again, welcome to the site and choose what is best for you.

CAVEAT EMPTOR read

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...-your-fit.html

Before buying A FIT read what others owners say about them
I am Stuck paying $300+ a month plus insurance for the fit is higher than average. I went to a couple of other dealers trying to get out of my Fit before the Recession.
My car is an 07 Sport Auto with 20K mi now and they wouldn,t offer more than $12K

Canuck_Fit 10-12-2009 08:29 PM

Nice Thread, I personally think I'm getting an 09 Sport vice the 1st Gen, I personally think it looks way sportier and less old lady ish

Chazzlee 11-29-2009 12:05 AM

I don't think it makes much sense to post "beautiful/fugly" comments regarding the two Fit generations, as the concept is just so very subjective! I don't think you'll ever get two people in the world to ever exactly agree on what "beauty" is! :hyper:

Having said this, I thot the 1st gen Fits were more attractive on the outside, but once having sat in both on '07 and a '10 and test driven them, there was no more comparison, IMO. I thought the 2010 was by far the more comfortable of the two, had more interior room, the steering wheel was able to extend back to a much better position for me, and it tracked truer and handled more solidly then the '07 did..!

So I was willing to part with the almost $5K for the newer one. Believe me, if I could've bought that low mileage (20K) 2007 Fit for that much less $$, and have been as equally satisfied by it, I would have done so in a flying friggin' minute! :wavey:

So now, y'know what? The longer, stretched out, more sloped, nose-lower-down shape of the 2010 Fit suddenly appears to me to be more beautiful than the 2007's (once more attractive) appearance! :o

The mind is a funny thing sometimes...
(TEHO!) :popc:

Evil Teo 01-07-2012 09:57 PM

nice thread...save me from posting!

mstr2 03-18-2012 12:49 PM

I'm really surprised to see that most people think the 08 looks better, IMO 09 is way sleeker and sexier than the earlier body style. The rear is less boxy, which looks better, and the front end seems more aggressive and less scrunched. I was also never a fan of headlights with color matched housings.

Just an opinion though.:rolleyes:

AintNoStoppinMeNow 03-18-2012 02:33 PM

When the Fit first came out I was in love and told myself "that's the next car I'm going to buy!" Then I saw the redesigned 09's a year later and thought "eww wtf did they do, it kinda looks like a small minivan now." But the more I looked at the 09 the more I began to like it. And after a few months the 08's I was once in love with started to look "plain" compared to the 09. Needless to say, I ended up buying an 09 and don't regret it one bit!

Sirius 03-18-2012 06:57 PM

Does anyone know if they wiper settings changed in the redesign? The 08's wiper settings annoy the hell out of me.

sponger 03-28-2012 08:27 AM

I don't know if the wiper settings changed, but I like the 08 Fit much more than the 09. I am glad we have a 08 Fit Sport. Looks like the the 08 is sportier and less like all other small cars. However; all Fits are cool!

blassty 03-28-2012 09:42 AM

WOW this thread is ancient!

Originally Posted by mstr2 (Post 1083720)
I'm really surprised to see that most people think the 08 looks better, IMO 09 is way sleeker and sexier than the earlier body style. The rear is less boxy, which looks better, and the front end seems more aggressive and less scrunched. I was also never a fan of headlights with color matched housings.

Just an opinion though.:rolleyes:

It is not that hard to believe considering how old this thread is.

This thread was started before the GE was released in North America. At that time most people like the GD better because FitFreak WERE all GD enthusiasts. Car enthusiasts are very attached to their own car's aesthetics and features.

BUT that is not the point of this thread, which is to state facts, not opinions--which is mentioned in the first post in bold. :rolleyes:

Opinions regarding GD vs. GE turn all threads into a hot mess--at least it did in 2008.

bdrake 06-14-2012 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by blassty (Post 1086461)
It is not that hard to believe considering how old this thread is.

This thread was started before the GE was released in North America. At that time most people like the GD better because FitFreak WERE all GD enthusiasts. Car enthusiasts are very attached to their own car's aesthetics and features.

BUT that is not the point of this thread, which is to state facts, not opinions--which is mentioned in the first post in bold. :rolleyes:

Opinions regarding GD vs. GE turn all threads into a hot mess--at least it did in 2008.

IMHO, the GD and GE are both beautiful versions of the same vision. I bought an '08 and love it. I talked about it so much that my brother bought an '09 and he loved it. When it got t-boned last year, he bought a '12 and loves it. Each year has it's own special details (styling, features, power).

IMFO (Facts vs. Opinions), the Fit is a great car regardless of the generation.

As a fan of Doctor Who, I liken my Fit to the TARDIS-- it's bigger on the inside! :-) That is true every year.
--
Barry

Ronald Carter 06-20-2012 05:48 PM

I just bought a used 2008 Honda fit LX and before taxes and fees etc it was 13886, did i get a rip off? Its an automatic and i am in Canada. it also had 51000 km on it