Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Handling mods? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/29597-handling-mods.html)

SLrocket 08-16-2008 02:46 AM

Handling mods?

Other than lowering the car and adding a rear strut bar, what are other good mods to further firm up the chassis and lower body roll?

Good brand names would be welcome...

cojaro 08-16-2008 02:52 AM

First off, the effects of "lowering" depend on whether you get springs or coilovers [springs + shocks].

other mods:
Progress rear sway bar.
Chassis bracing of any kind. I think WeaponR has an X-brace for the rear and for the spare wheel well.

um....

Tires make a huge difference, though I don't know much more than that [at least, about tires].

kelsodeez 08-16-2008 03:02 AM

if you are lowering your car, you should invest in some roll center adjusters(j's spoon). a lower control arm brace does wonders as well. pretty much any rigid member that can brace any part of the body/frame of the car is going to help. also, if you get coliovers, its good to get them weighted and balanced.

TOOL 08-16-2008 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by kelsodeez (Post 397235)
if you are lowering your car, you should invest in some roll center adjusters(j's spoon). a lower control arm brace does wonders as well. pretty much any rigid member that can brace any part of the body/frame of the car is going to help. also, if you get coliovers, its good to get them weighted and balanced.

+1

I have drop, RSB, tires and my car is crazy sticky.
Almost 0 body roll. Ive hung with S2Ks in Canyons easily, despite the power diffrence.

Kyle is raaddd 08-16-2008 03:48 AM

^^
damn tyler that's good to know!

JDM_DOHC_SiR 08-16-2008 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by kelsodeez (Post 397235)
if you are lowering your car, you should invest in some roll center adjusters.

One of the best mods you can do after you have done all of the rest of the sus work;)

SLrocket 08-16-2008 03:57 PM

what about camber kits?

i don't have a fit yet, prolly will be getting an 09 next spring or so...just planning stuff out.

will the 08 parts work with the 09? or will we have to wait again for aftermarket stuff to come out...

cojaro 08-16-2008 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by SLrocket (Post 397632)
what about camber kits?

i don't have a fit yet, prolly will be getting an 09 next spring or so...just planning stuff out.

will the 08 parts work with the 09? or will we have to wait again for aftermarket stuff to come out...

You'll have to wait for '09 parts to come out, albeit slowly =\
And wait to see who all experiments and finds out what parts are interchangeable with the '07-08 models.

JDM_DOHC_SiR 08-16-2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by cojaro (Post 397703)
You'll have to wait for '09 parts to come out, albeit slowly =\
And wait to see who all experiments and finds out what parts are interchangeable with the '07-08 models.

On most of the Japanese sites they have stated that hardly nothing works from the GD series on the GE series fit.... ( front camber bolts do....:D )

Sugarphreak 08-16-2008 10:04 PM

The ones I have found to make the best difference are Stiffer springs, 24mm FSB (T1R & Battle Endless both make a very good one), Wider Tires & also going to a lower profile tire also does wonders. Anything larger than a 50 series just makes the car feel sloppy to me; 40's FTW.

I have some other things personally, Front Strut bar & Rear C-Pillar, they do provide some noticeable improvement, but nearly as dramatic as the ones mentioned above.

Battle Endless 24mm Front Sway bar
Provides Dramatically more solid cornering at high speeds and keeps the car planted flat rather than allowing the wheels to flex and cause wheel lift when under very demanding cornering conditions. Result is improved traction thought the corner and improved driver feedback. I can't say enough good things about this product, I am glad I have it installed when I hit the AutoX course.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...k/PICT0346.jpg