General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which model would you like to have?
FIT MUGEN
31.75%
CIVIC MUGEN RR
58.73%
FIT SPORT
9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Mugen Fit & Civic Mugen RR?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Mugen Fit & Civic Mugen RR?

Why can’t we get any MUGEN stuff?

HONDA !!!
Why don’t you give us the MUGEN FIT & MUGEN Civic RR?
Mugen lays hands upon 2008 Honda Fit/Jazz - Autoblog

Also saw 2008 Honda Civic Mugen RR beat S2000 on the track.
2008 Honda Civic Mugen RR First Drive on Inside Line

How many members would like to get a hand on one?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Fa1
If they offered it, it would be insanely expensive, like the mugen civic si.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fa1

True dattttt

Old 09-15-2008, 04:53 AM
& ppl gonna be like: "I'm not gonna pay over 30k for a civic"...(although the RR is much more than a civic)

Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Luvs Dah b00st!
lol what a freaking amazing car!!!! and when they say 30 grand for a civic they mean 30 thousand lbs thats about 58 60 thousand US dollars

Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fa1
I own a Mugen Si and it cost me $27095 from a local dealer. Try to build one with all the parts for that price. Mugen parts are quality and I have no regrets. Since they only built 1500 of them in 2008 and none for 2009 I am happy. Besides I am a HONDA addict and love both of my cars

Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
no one could build it for that price because mugen wouldn't sell you the parts unless you could prove that you owned a mugen edition si.

the problem with the mugen si is that mugens name is synonymous with performance. and the mugen si (in proven instrumented testing) does NOT improve the civic si's performance by 10k. (or in some peoples cases 5-8k.)

an integra type r cost 23k back in the day. but look at how much more it offered over a gs-r. honda lost a lot of money on EVERY SINGLE ONE THEY SOLD, and they could have done it again and given us something truly worthwhile, but nope.

if it had a unique interior, mugen air induction system, mugen rotors and pads, unique gauges and maybe a slight bump in hp, then ok it makes sense.

and theres where this poll becomes a problem. if they mugenize anything else, it will only look better, but not really perform all that much better.

and a mugen rr would be about 50k here.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Mugen RR is secks, duh!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
no one could build it for that price because mugen wouldn't sell you the parts unless you could prove that you owned a mugen edition si.

the problem with the mugen si is that mugens name is synonymous with performance. and the mugen si (in proven instrumented testing) does NOT improve the civic si's performance by 10k. (or in some peoples cases 5-8k.)

an integra type r cost 23k back in the day. but look at how much more it offered over a gs-r. honda lost a lot of money on EVERY SINGLE ONE THEY SOLD, and they could have done it again and given us something truly worthwhile, but nope.

if it had a unique interior, mugen air induction system, mugen rotors and pads, unique gauges and maybe a slight bump in hp, then ok it makes sense.

and theres where this poll becomes a problem. if they mugenize anything else, it will only look better, but not really perform all that much better.

and a mugen rr would be about 50k here.
You can get the Mugen parts. All you need is to know someone with a Mugen and have them order them. It does come with a Mugen catback and suspension which are both performance mod's. No one is claming it is a Type-R either. If you do the math the rims alone on the Mugen Si with out tires are $2k alone. The wing is $1300. The catback is over a grand also. As you all know Mugen parts are very expensive but they are quality. Hell I just paid $110 for a shift boot for the Fit.

Honda is not the only one who has a car like this eiher. The 350z Nismo edition is pretty much the same for mods except they are from Nismo. To each is there own. To some it is worth it and to others it is not.

2008 Nissan Nismo 350Z - Specs, Photos, Pricing

Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
ill take the mugen fit over the RR...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
You can get the Mugen parts. All you need is to know someone with a Mugen and have them order them. It does come with a Mugen catback and suspension which are both performance mod's. No one is claming it is a Type-R either. If you do the math the rims alone on the Mugen Si with out tires are $2k alone. The wing is $1300. The catback is over a grand also. As you all know Mugen parts are very expensive but they are quality. Hell I just paid $110 for a shift boot for the Fit.

Honda is not the only one who has a car like this eiher. The 350z Nismo edition is pretty much the same for mods except they are from Nismo. To each is there own. To some it is worth it and to others it is not.

2008 Nissan Nismo 350Z - Specs, Photos, Pricing
the nismo Z performs better than the base z.

i understand they are quality parts, but 1300 for a spoiler is silly, no matter who its from.

yes to each their own. because those who don't mind paying a lot for non-functional parts will do it anyway.

i'm pretty sure you have to go through honda to get the mugen parts specific to the mugen usdm si. i see them no where on the mugen site, and not all of us have hookups. (though granted they probably would still charge you an arm and a leg, so that to me does not qualify as a hookup.)

i'm not saying the parts are not nice, but the added performance of the catback was not great enough for honda to even say that it added any wheel or crank hp. and if it does, that heavy body kit is holding it back, despite the lightweight wheels.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
the nismo Z performs better than the base z.

i understand they are quality parts, but 1300 for a spoiler is silly, no matter who its from.

yes to each their own. because those who don't mind paying a lot for non-functional parts will do it anyway.

i'm pretty sure you have to go through honda to get the mugen parts specific to the mugen usdm si. i see them no where on the mugen site, and not all of us have hookups. (though granted they probably would still charge you an arm and a leg, so that to me does not qualify as a hookup.)

i'm not saying the parts are not nice, but the added performance of the catback was not great enough for honda to even say that it added any wheel or crank hp. and if it does, that heavy body kit is holding it back, despite the lightweight wheels.
Lol the body kit is no heavier than the factory lip kit. The wing is functional and adjustable, though very over priced I agree. You do have to go through Honda but there are plenty of Mugen owners helping other FA5 owners out. The Mugen parts on the Mugen Si are unique and not available unless you have a Mugen except for the wheels.

To get Mugen parts on a Fit will cost you big $$$.

The Nismo performs better than the base Z but no better than the Track edition.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh yeah the catback is worth around 5whp. With a R\H and CAI your pretty much @ 200whp.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Mugen Fit 09

I went to a Philadelphia Honda Dealer today to get my car service. I saw a black Mugen 09 FIT in the show room. the body kit look very good. Just a Mugen body kit on a sport FIT. Too bad Honda won't bring the mugen engine too. Any members see mugen fit at there dealership. I try to post pic.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Is it any wonder why people just resort to having copies of the Mugen Fit RS bodykit fabricated?

As much as I admire Mugen's tuning philosophy (believing that every Honda is actually a race car "detuned and limited"; Mugen removes those supposed limiters), there's no question about the price.

If you can buy all the kit, sure why not. But if you consider getting a factory Mugen Civic RR over, say, a Lancer Evo X, which one would you get? Those two actually cost the same in most markets.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I saw a '08 Mugen Civic at Roush Honda about a year ago when I was shopping for my Fit...it was $32,900.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
u can actually order Mugen parts at any Honda dealer... my buddy works at Honda and he had a choice of ordering the Mugen spoilers of si but went with the si... but yea... u can order Mugen parts at any Honda dealer...

~dsk

Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Wish you can order Turbo or supercharger kit from Honda. I know you can get supercharger kit install at Toyota.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I would get three jobs to buy a mugen rr civic If I had to. What sucks isnt what the price would be, but the fact that we dont have the option to buy. Now Have yall heard about the advanced version of the RR civic?
TOKYO AUTO SALON 2009 - HONDA CIVIC MUGEN RR ADVANCED CONCEP - YouTube - Truveo Video Search

Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I would take the RR in a heartbeat!!! I love that car so much

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mugen Fit & Civic Mugen RR?