Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Am i the only one? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/33191-am-i-only-one.html)

SecSpyral 10-20-2008 05:51 PM

Am i the only one?

Am I the only one that waves at every Fit driver that passes by?

I always get a friendly wave back too....its so wierd, because where I live NO ONE waves. :wavey:

JDMxGE8 10-20-2008 05:52 PM

I usually throw a thumbs up.

Super Mario 10-20-2008 05:55 PM

I always try to make eye contact before I wave. Most of the time the drivers are women and don't care to look over. I wonder if they even know that they drive a Fit. But there have been a few times where I either get a highbeam or a wave.

08fithappy 10-20-2008 06:01 PM

I use to do this with my evo. But here all the people like 3 of them that drive a fit are ethier old or a woman and could care less about the car.

CrystalFiveMT 10-20-2008 06:10 PM

Same here. I've only gotten 1 wave back in return from another Fit driver. There are tons of Fits here, it's just that their drivers don't seem to be car buffs and aren't aware of other cars around them, hence no wavy.

SecSpyral 10-20-2008 06:11 PM

thats sad. most of the people i wave to are younger though because the majority of fits i see are around my university anyway

GD3_Wagoon 10-20-2008 06:16 PM

i'm in the same boat as Super Mario. i wait for eye-contact then throw up the "shaka" as we pass eachother :)

feddup 10-20-2008 06:19 PM

tried

I've tried to "bond" on the road but most fit owners in my area are 60ish and don't even notice that they're next to a similar car. I did have a silver 09 owner following me I believe yesterday. Maybe she wanted a more unique color!

Tofuman 10-20-2008 06:44 PM

I have never got a wave back from Fit drivers. half of the time they're totally stock and half the time they're modified. the guys in the modified fits don't even look over at me. no love for the base model :(

the only time i get waves is when i drive my brother's '67 mustang fastback (i get like 5 waves per minute in that car). and i would get waves from STi's and WRX's when I had my old '01 GC Impreza 2.5RS

SecSpyral 10-20-2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tofuman (Post 465116)
I have never got a wave back from Fit drivers. half of the time they're totally stock and half the time they're modified. the guys in the modified fits don't even look over at me. no love for the base model :(

the only time i get waves is when i drive my brother's '67 mustang fastback (i get like 5 waves per minute in that car). and i would get waves from STi's and WRX's when I had my old '01 GC Impreza 2.5RS

I'd wave at you. Base Model FTW

trancedsailor 10-20-2008 07:31 PM

I wave or throw a peace sign or thumbs up or flash my indie fogs if it's nighttime lol they don't return it though because they must be weirded out that some dude in a FIT waved to them lol my heart skips a beat every time I see another Fit on the road though, it's very weird. This car has ridiculous sentimental value to me.

SecSpyral 10-20-2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 465175)
I wave or throw a peace sign or thumbs up or flash my indie fogs if it's nighttime lol they don't return it though because they must be weirded out that some dude in a FIT waved to them lol my heart skips a beat every time I see another Fit on the road though, it's very weird. This car has ridiculous sentimental value to me.

yeah well next year when i move to Jacksonville we can wave to each other's fits.

silverbulletfit 10-20-2008 07:38 PM

i never get a wave back. i beeped at another silver fit before, and he beeped back. probably because he was around my age. but most of the older adults never wave back. they just look at me and think im causing trouble. but most of the time i tend to speed up and fly by them on purpose and beep on my way back and usually get a smile haha

trancedsailor 10-20-2008 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by SecSpyral (Post 465182)
yeah well next year when i move to Jacksonville we can wave to each other's fits.

lol maybe for a brief time period. I move back to NJ in late April :o

Fit4Pits 10-20-2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by feddup (Post 465071)
most fit owners in my area are 60ish and don't even notice that they're next to a similar car.

^ this.

it makes me cranky when people get a car and seemingly know nothing about it. they can't even recognize one of their own on the road.

i look for eye contact. if i get that, i'll give a nod or a wave. Most fit drivers are middle aged women that never see me.

Firebat666 10-20-2008 09:19 PM

i do the same! but ppl by me are such self obsorbed oblivious assholes (except you fellow Fitfreakers) they dont even notice me, they probably dont even know the model of their car.... poor Fits, deserve better owners

SecSpyral 10-20-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Firebat666 (Post 465321)
poor Fits, deserve better owners

haha :) I agree

Fit Happens 10-21-2008 05:58 PM

I do the whole wave thing too... :wavey: but for some crazy reason it has always ended up with an old person.. .lol :confused:

noxikon 10-21-2008 11:04 PM

They point guns at me. No not really. Nobody waves. Maybe I should install bigger, nicer wheels and drop it.

silverbulletfit 10-21-2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by noxikon (Post 467067)
They point guns at me.

:rotfl: hahahaha