Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Fit Respect... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/33654-fit-respect.html)

OneStopCustoms 10-28-2008 09:49 PM

Fit Respect...

Today after coming out of the Chinese restaurant in hawthorne, this ole man and his wife pass by hawthorne blvd and el segundo and flash their lights at me. "Fit Respect" gotta, love.

zukered 10-28-2008 10:45 PM

I haven't gotten flashed yet :), but until I got my Fit, no one (who I didn't already know) ever came up to me and just started chatting. I must just have an air of "leave me be" since a friend has it just the opposite.

Latest was last week at a local Tim Horton's, a couple had just ordered an '09 and couldn't wait to take delivery (two weeks hence!), and wanted to know how I found my own '08. I was already late to something so I couldn't spare more than a few minutes, but my heaps of praise made them even more excited :hyper:

TurboManGT 10-28-2008 11:25 PM

Most people I see in Fits don't pay attention to me. I usually nod or wave.

SD_MR_FIT 10-28-2008 11:31 PM

yeah i try waving or something. usually they wave back.

i love riding motorcycles...EVERYONE throws up a wave.

RedFitBaron 10-28-2008 11:34 PM

Yeah I get the occasional wave from other Fit drivers

CBX 10-29-2008 01:14 AM

Last time I flashed my lights, I was promptly pulled over.

It seems flashing your headlights under any circumstance is against some "Arizona Revised Statute".

I had just passed (in my pickup and camper) a Radar entrapment zone, and observed several bikes ahead.

Seems their was a second DPS car at the bottom of the long downhill, with me in his sights.

I received a warning, but but it took extra effort to truly commence "happy hour" once I reached my campsite.

ToFit2Quit 10-29-2008 01:17 AM

I don't bother waving or flashing lights at people anymore. Too many people think that I want to race them or something... Then I see them take off like there's no tomorrow.

RedFitBaron 10-29-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit (Post 475449)
I don't bother waving or flashing lights at people anymore. Too many people think that I want to race them or something... Then I see them take off like there's no tomorrow.

Ha ha nice. I tend to wave people going the opposite direction. It is a little harder to race someone going to opposite direction.

silverbulletfit 10-29-2008 12:20 PM

i dont think ive ever gotten a flash either :[ i hardly ever get waves. but i always make an effort to beep and wave at other fit owners :]

Fitftw 11-02-2008 12:50 PM

back when fits were rare i used to wave or flash people and they usually returned the favor. nowadays no one bothers looking

MPFit07 11-02-2008 01:00 PM

yea, I used to do that too. It's just too many Fits out there. Back in the good old days, when the Fit just got out ppl used to come up to me and ask question. It was fun when some one pass by and shout "the Fit is go".

Fitftw 11-02-2008 01:19 PM

haha wow i never had anyone say the fit is go to me. that would be awesome

eldaino 11-02-2008 02:15 PM

i'm pretty big on the wave or beep. of all the fit drivers who i have done this too, its about 50/50.

what i don't like is the ones who act like i'm from another planet when it happens. show some love people!

but it does feel awesome when you get it returned. like we are one big happy family.

Dayak Man 11-03-2008 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fitftw (Post 479818)
back when fits were rare i used to wave or flash people and they usually returned the favor. nowadays no one bothers looking

yea, same here. Honda should keep the production low!

silverbulletfit 11-03-2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by MPFit07 (Post 479826)
yea, I used to do that too. It's just too many Fits out there. Back in the good old days, when the Fit just got out ppl used to come up to me and ask question. It was fun when some one pass by and shout "the Fit is go".

i've gotten:

"the fit is SLOW"
or
"nice honda SHIT"

i'd laugh and say
"it costs be 35$ to fill my tank.."
then they wouldnt know waht to say
hahaha

eldaino 11-03-2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by silverbulletfit (Post 481274)
i've gotten:

"the fit is SLOW"
or
"nice honda SHIT"

i'd laugh and say
"it costs be 35$ to fill my tank.."
then they wouldnt know waht to say
hahaha

people would actually say that to you?

man....F*** them. seriously.

B1str0 11-03-2008 09:17 PM

i get flashed from everyone who things my hid's are too bright lol

Fitftw 11-05-2008 12:17 AM

^ lol flash em back :p let them know just how bright they really are

kenchan 11-06-2008 03:03 PM

i almost got hit by an idiot running a red light at that exact interection
about 11yrs ago...

GD3-Fit 11-06-2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MPFit07 (Post 479826)

:rotfl: that's awesome