Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Any opinions on the Webasto Seat Ventilation system? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/35128-any-opinions-webasto-seat-ventilation-system.html)

FitStir 11-28-2008 12:24 PM

Any opinions on the Webasto Seat Ventilation system?

Anyone install this, or know of anyone who installed it?
Webasto Seat Comfort

Any opinions, suggestions, recommendations?

I'm thinking of doing a JDM right side seatback swap (to regain refresh mode in the GE8), and possibly installing the Webasto Seat Vent (heat & cool), then having the seats, and door panels leather wrapped (black/charcoal color) with the red stitching.

Would the vents even work with leather?

Might just have to go with the heated... Webasto Seat Heaters :confused:

I got used to the Lexus heated/cooled leather seats, and want that in my Fit. :D

kenchan 11-28-2008 08:19 PM

lol i like how they use "Meets ISO 9000 and QS 9002 quality standards" in their advertisement.

basically saying can even make crappy products consistently. lol :rotfl:

HONDAMATIC 11-29-2008 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 506166)
Webasto Seat Comfort

I'm thinking of doing a JDM right side seatback swap (to regain refresh mode in the GE8), and possibly installing the Webasto Seat Vent (heat & cool), then having the seats, and door panels leather wrapped (black/charcoal color) with the red stitching.

I got used to the Lexus heated/cooled leather seats, and want that in my Fit. :D

perforated leather for the inserts

panda1314 11-29-2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 506166)
Webasto Seat Comfort

just curious...how much would a setup like that cost?

FitStir 12-01-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by panda1314 (Post 507171)
just curious...how much would a setup like that cost?

Not sure on the pricing for the Seat Vents yet, I have to call one of Webasto's authorized installers.

Same with the leather that's a whole different installer I believe, unless I can find an authorized Webasto installer who also does custom upholstery.

From reading other threads the leather alone in Thailand, and Indonesia goes for about $700 - $750 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...at-covers.html , and https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...zz-fit-rs.html )

I saw the (real) Mugen seat covers for the GD's on either jdmland, or japanparts, and if I recall correctly they were about $1250.

Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC (Post 507056)
perforated leather for the inserts

GREAT IDEA!!!!

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 506384)
lol i like how they use "Meets ISO 9000 and QS 9002 quality standards" in their advertisement.

basically saying can even make crappy products consistently. lol :rotfl:

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with those quality codes. Are they really crappy products? Webasto's sunroof's are supposedly great products, some even say better than factory (mentioned in other threads).

Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

kenchan 12-01-2008 01:43 PM

for some reason some companies use the quality standards as an
advertisement.

it has nothing to do with the quality itself..rather it just says they
are certified to produce products consistently and reliablity even if
a couple of people quit or died or watever.

dont think of the ISO/QS standards to have any relation to the actual
product's innovation.

no i have no experience with their product, but mostly only cheezy
companies use the standards as part of their advertisement. where i
work having ISO/QS/TS is common sense.

FitStir 12-02-2008 05:39 PM

Gotcha kenchan. Thanks for the explanation.

I've seen great reviews, and praise for the Webasto sunroofs, but I cant seem to find anyone who's done the Seat Vents.

I'd like to hear what their experience with this product is before I consider it more seriously. It's an option I've wanted and would've paid more at Honda to get, especially with the leather seats; I would've preferred that it was from Honda.

FitStir 12-12-2008 01:03 PM

Any other opinions?

Has anyone installed the webasto seat vents?

johnbryanpeters 12-13-2008 11:43 AM

I dislike heated seats in general, and have not found leather to be comfortable for the same reason.