General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Stolen Wheels - Need Help!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Exclamation Stolen Wheels - Need Help!! Please

Hi, I have a Honda Fit 2008 Sport edition. I just got two of my wheels on my left side stolen a couple days ago. I've been researching for parts and what I need to order. I know I need to order the rims and tires and the tpms sensor. Is there anything else I need to buy? I called my dealer and he said that I have to buy the cap that goes in the center of the rim to have that Honda logo. I thought the rims itself would have the logo so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to buy it. Please help me. I've been having a headache and so stressed because of the lowlifes whole stole my wheels + tires. Thank you so much!!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that your wheels got stolen. You pretty much got it covered with the two rims, tires, and TPMS sensors just don't forget to add some wheel locks to that list. Preferably non OEM locks because some thiefs have been known to have several lock keys. And From the looks of it the center caps will not come will your rims; at least that what I'm concluding by looking at bernardiparts.com.

While on there I noticed that for one rim the price was $290.08 which is absolutely rediculous for one wheel. In my opinion if you had to pay that price for an OEM rim, you'd better off buying two TPMS sensors, getting a set of aftermarket rims, and a new set of tires.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Yea, I was looking at Bernardiparts too and realized that the cap was separate from the rim, that's why I was wondering if I had to buy the cap. But when I look at the rims on my car, the Honda logo seems to be attached to the rim but I'm not sure myself. I did order aftermarket rims so I guess I'll wait till those come in and see for myself. As for the tpms sensors, is there a specific brand or model number that goes specifically with the FIT? I haven't bought them yet. I would have to go to my dealer to have them program it into my car right? I also did get wheel locks to lock my other two wheels. Thank you so much for the help!!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear about your rims... check your local craigslist for Fit rims... sometimes ppl r dumb and post things they steal on there... i know one fellow fitfreaker found his rims on criagslist... kicked the guys ass and took back his rims

Old 12-25-2008, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, the TPMS sensors would have to be programed to your car and I'd recommend ordering two of the sensor assemblies. Its part #15 in the diagram with the 15" Alloys, #3 in the diagram with the 16" HFP Wheels. The diagram with the HFP wheels has a better image of the assembly.

As for the OEM wheel caps, I'm not sure but I think they just pop on in the front of the rim. If they don't they may go in through a little cylinder like sleeve through the back. But I'm leaning towards popping on the front.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
sorry to hear about your rims... check your local craigslist for Fit rims... sometimes ppl r dumb and post things they steal on there... i know one fellow fitfreaker found his rims on criagslist... kicked the guys ass and took back his rims

Yea, my friend told me about the same situation. I tried looking on craigslist already but couldn't find it. Thanks though.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:19 AM
the caps pop on the front, and theyre seperate

Old 12-25-2008, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Look in the for sale section. Few people are selling their wheels and it's a lot cheaper then buying from the dealer.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Thank you all so much. All of you who replied have been very helpful to me. Thanks!!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
I would still keep checking craigslist over the next few weeks... or look for a car with 2 fit rims.... good luck! and i recomend wheel locks on your new ones they do help...

Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
yes i'd suggest wheel locks too. they won't stop thieves, but they may deter some potential thieves. sorry about what happened, but i'm glad you got the help you needed.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
well let me tell you, your right about the wheels, tpms,center caps,and i would suggest wheel locks also, but just remember to keep an eye on your car because the thiefs will most likely come back for another two, here where i live the thiefs always just take the two away from the sight of view of the house/apt/building and then continue down the road and steel another two off another fit, but they might come back after you've replaced them and get 2 more - i bet they only used one jack huh? and it was away from the line of sight wasn't it? i have two different sets of wheel locks on my car, that shit will slow them down

Old 12-25-2008, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
alot of times i've seen the wheels locks just piss them off. I wish i could find the picture of the truck that they ripped the fenders all up and stuff

Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
alot of times i've seen the wheels locks just piss them off. I wish i could find the picture of the truck that they ripped the fenders all up and stuff
i don't doubt that it's happened, but i'm pretty sure more thieves have been deterred by wheel locks than the number that have been thrust into a destructive rage when encountering a set of locks.

of course thieves aren't please by theft-deterrents, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't use them for fear of them wanting to damage our property.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
some dudes tried to steal my wheels. but they couldnt get the locks off. so they just left my car alone.

my locks used to look minty...now they are all banged up. but ill take that since they couldnt steal my advans off my car.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
you might as well go ROTA or konig replacements.
and use your oems as a full size spare

Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
I have a friend who's wheels almost got stolen. And they took off all the nuts cept the locked one and then smashed his passenger side windows with the tire iron.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear this damn thieves hope everything works out.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
well let me tell you, your right about the wheels, tpms,center caps,and i would suggest wheel locks also, but just remember to keep an eye on your car because the thiefs will most likely come back for another two, here where i live the thiefs always just take the two away from the sight of view of the house/apt/building and then continue down the road and steel another two off another fit, but they might come back after you've replaced them and get 2 more - i bet they only used one jack huh? and it was away from the line of sight wasn't it? i have two different sets of wheel locks on my car, that shit will slow them down

You're right. I was parked near a church so the thieves stole my wheels that was facing the church. Obviously no one was there to see them doing the act. And yes they only used one jack which they left there in the center. I heard about incidents where thieves comes back for the other wheels but I already out wheel locks on my other two wheels and my two spares just incase. I also bought two sets of different wheel locks too because that will definitely slow them down.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:49 AM
I would also say try to find some used rims somewhere. If you're in New York maybe a wanted ad would help you find some from someone with a wrecked car or something. Otherwise I'd just get an aftermarket set, but I definitely would pay over $200 a rim for the stock ones as posted above. Thats alot. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Quick Reply: Stolen Wheels - Need Help!! Please