Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Do you guys think Honda reads this stuff??? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/3783-do-you-guys-think-honda-reads-stuff.html)

Halo 03-20-2006 09:10 PM

Do you guys think Honda reads this stuff???

Just curious if you guys think the people from Honda actually read our posts?

siguy 03-20-2006 09:30 PM

I'd be surprised if they didn't. Everything we write provides a lot of interesting feedback for them. Remember all the griping when the Fit was introduced? I think that was valuable to Honda, because it did give them feedback as to what people don't like about the car. I'd also think they'd be interested in how we do car comparisons, because that is going to be a major factor when it comes to buying a new car.

dougiepants 03-20-2006 09:32 PM

I'm sure that there is a person at Honda that reads this here or there...

corey415 03-20-2006 09:38 PM

I wouldnt be suprised if people from US Honda read this site... but the big guys at the top who actually make the decisions probably dont.

tubaman 03-20-2006 09:58 PM

I would bet someone like Christina Ra from American Honda Motor Co is watching this forum (and others...) http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...73239078936667

VTECRoadWarrior 03-20-2006 11:03 PM

Yes, I'm quite sure they do.

BKKJack 03-20-2006 11:16 PM

The question is, do they consider us a statistically significant sample of their target market, or a bunch of nattering malcontents? Based on their decision to use rear drum brakes, I would assume the latter.

Gordio 03-20-2006 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Halo

It's funny cuz today at work I thought the same thing. I am sure they do. Internet is very convenient to study consumer habits.

I hope our disapprovement that 14 k is too much for base model encourages them to lower the MSRP

VTECRoadWarrior 03-20-2006 11:30 PM

I think that's a tough call (14K). Who knows? I'm sure it requires a lot of marketing saavy.
I'll bet any input is helpful, but most especially through the dealers and forums like this. Also, car mags and reviews help shape opinions too!

mharrigan 03-21-2006 12:29 AM

Autoweek article: "Ra hung out at shopping centers, dance clubs and auto dealerships as part of her team's effort to adapt the Japan-market Fit for U.S. tastes. They want style, wheels, spoilers and fog lights -- a sporty premium look," she says. "Audio was really important."

Honda, please read this - agree with this other than the "spoilers", not all that want all the other good stuff want the "high speed aero stuff" (not what I really want to call it) - not all your potential customers are the "fast and furious" crowd!

JazzFusion 03-21-2006 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by BKKJack
The question is, do they consider us a statistically significant sample of their target market, or a bunch of nattering malcontents? Based on their decision to use rear drum brakes, I would assume the latter.

I would have to agree. We are not a broad representation of the public. We are primarily made up of a focused group of individuals. That does not make for good marketing data because it is weighted heavily in favor of a product.

mav 03-21-2006 06:11 AM

I know that the S2000 forum (s2ki.com), Honda monitors it very closely and a few from AHM actually participate from time to time.

A small startup community like this is doubtful. Honda probably monitors vtec.net and the forums on Edmunds.

tubaman 03-21-2006 09:41 AM

I think an international forum with 5745 members is pretty substantial, especially for a car that is still not available in the US.

BTW, I think I saw a silver Fit driving around Palo Alto, CA yesterday near the offices of Ideo - a leading industrial design firm...

MtViewGuy188 03-21-2006 10:44 AM

The answer a very likely yes because this is one of the few places on the Internet where English-language Honda Fit/Jazz enthusiasts gather to exchange ideas.

Hopefully, Honda will listen to the suggestions so when the FMC arrives (possibly some time in calendar year 2007) the new car with have a smaller-displacement version of the R-series engine block used on the 2006 Civic and a CVT designed to withstand American driving conditions. :)

dkent49 03-21-2006 10:54 AM

I hope so and here is a message: offer the base model with cruise control as an option. You'll get a lot more sales to people (like emerging retirees) who want economy and are not so terribly style conscious. Alloy wheels? Spoilers? What I want is a simple dependable car... with cruise control. And I'll pay for it.

dkent49 03-21-2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dkent49
I hope so and here is a message: offer the base model with cruise control as an option. You'll get a lot more sales to people (like emerging retirees) who want economy and are not so terribly style conscious. Alloy wheels? Spoilers? What I want is a simple dependable car... with cruise control. And I'll pay for it.

Correction: I should have said: "a simple dependable 5-door hatchback"... with cruise control.

Halo 03-21-2006 11:23 AM

My feeling is that we represent such a small segment of their target that they probably don't. I mean everything people have been complaining about is totally unchanged..Rear drums! MPG! Price! Sunroof! CVT! Etc, Etc..If Honda actually read this then our complaints seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Halo 03-21-2006 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by BKKJack

That seems very true!!

phillyb 03-21-2006 05:40 PM

i read it

i can't post less than 10 characters. that's hilarious. no post whoring

Quan 03-21-2006 07:06 PM

I'm not into audio and dance clubs at all. In fact, I'm anti-dance clubs to the 10th degree and really could not care any less about car audio.

I just want a simple, good looking, dependable car, a hatchback or sedan, that costs around $14k new. I'm not asking for the world, just a good, simple, reliable new car.
If the Fit sport w. manual trans was well under $15k, I'd have already put a deposit on one. As it is, once the Fit gets closer to base model Civic sedan prices, I tend to prefer the Civic sedan, despite the slightly higher cost.
Just my .02 in case Honda ever reads these posts.