Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   your forum (from a yaris owner) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/37925-your-forum-yaris-owner.html)

thebarber 01-30-2009 07:49 PM

your forum (from a yaris owner)

i like it.

ive been a member here for just over a year by the looks of things...haven't really visited or posted too much....

i'd been meaning to pop by again and check out some fits as the yarisworld board is a big stagnant right now...

but guys/gals, i gotta tell you: i like the cut of your jib

nice photos, beauty cars, doesnt seem to be a lot of bickering upon first look, and ooohhhhh so many mods.

ya, i own a yaris, but i often find the ppl on yarisworld are haters towards anything that isnt a toyota....

would have bought a gen1 fit, but my wife found the seating/pedal position made her knees hurt driving it....so ended up with a yaris (traded in my matrix xrs for it...you may have seen it in SCC as a readers ride :))

anyhow, just a boring winters night in the maritimes, just thought id say hi and keep up the good work.

JDMxGE8 01-30-2009 07:52 PM

I give you props for coming to our forum and showing some love. I personally hate Toyotas and who ever owns one, but you're awesome. Welcome to Fit Freak.

Will I Am fit. 01-30-2009 07:57 PM

welcome to ff I like the old skool toyotas but not the new ones.....

manxman 01-30-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8 (Post 562550)
I give you props for coming to our forum and showing some love. I personally hate Toyotas and who ever owns one, but you're awesome. Welcome to Fit Freak.

Wow!
Compliment our "friendly forum" and get bitch-slapped. Alhambra and Temple City used to be nice towns. Idk about San Diego, never lived there. You WERE joking I presume?

thebarber 01-30-2009 08:08 PM

oh, lol, haters here too!

thanks though

man, i wish the toyota's had some of the access to a/m parts like the hondas do.

my wife and i are talking about trading in our aveo (ya ya ya, its kdm tyte) for a fit in the future. i might be a stay-at-home dad, so ill be aiming for a gen1 fit w/ a 5spd...

TurboManGT 01-30-2009 08:08 PM

You'll find most people here hate anything thats not honda and the most bickering is AT vs MT or GE vs GD (that one is supposed to be settled)

Welcome to the boards and I hope to see you posting. Its always good to have "outside" opinions. Welcome :)

thebarber 01-30-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TurboManGT (Post 562566)
You'll find most people here hate anything thats not honda and the most bickering is AT vs MT or GE vs GD (that one is supposed to be settled)

Welcome to the boards and I hope to see you posting. Its always good to have "outside" opinions. Welcome :)

lol, i guess i didnt look around enough, eh?

anyways, just cruising the fit pics forum...makes me want a fit so bad!

i have a few mods done to my yaris....and a few waiting for spring....i've auto-x'd it a couple times

i like lots of cars...no particular brand...

Nabisco 01-30-2009 08:26 PM

I'm glad you like these forums and I'm glad you could say Hi.
While I chose the Fit over the Yaris, I do like 2 doors and the 1NZFE.

As for the haterade, to limit your liking to an entire line of cars, or other things, because of the name of manufacturer is lame.

I hate GM but I love the Corvette.

For example:

I do not like a lot of Sony products especially their audio but I love the Playstation and we recently bought a Sony LCD TV.

The Sony TV was chosen because of its specs, picture, ratings, price, and vertical height, not because of the name.

thebarber 01-30-2009 08:35 PM

many canadians on the forum? (i just havent checked as of 930AST, lol)

also its amazing how many sports there are in the US...its because it was just a tiny be more for them over the base, correct? i love the sports a lot, but would be more inclined to get a medium range gen1 due to pricing and options (fairly large premium for the sport in canada - - but i have the same complain w/ the base and RS version of the yaris....like 4000 more for cosmetic stuff - - which is why i own an almost-base yaris (only got the B pacakge in 07 which is rear mudflaps, 4 speaker stereo, rear wiper and power mirrors (as my wife is about 7" shorter than i am)))

drove a base fit in 07 when we were looking....2 speaker stereo FTL, lol....and mirrors you have to move by pushing on them.... :(

TaffetaWhite 01-30-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by thebarber (Post 562549)
i like it.

ive been a member here for just over a year by the looks of things...haven't really visited or posted too much....

i'd been meaning to pop by again and check out some fits as the yarisworld board is a big stagnant right now...

nice photos, beauty cars, doesnt seem to be a lot of bickering upon first look, and ooohhhhh so many mods.

ya, i own a yaris, but i often find the ppl on yarisworld are haters towards anything that isnt a toyota....

would have bought a gen1 fit, but my wife found the seating/pedal position made her knees hurt driving it....so ended up with a yaris (traded in my matrix xrs for it...you may have seen it in SCC as a readers ride :))

anyhow, just a boring winters night in the maritimes, just thought id say hi and keep up the good work.

Welcome!

Plenty of bickering, that has existed since cars were invented, over which is best: what color, what transmission, what year, what modification, what model, what dealership, etc! It's one thing that can't be taken TOO seriously (even though I did take something way too personally in the beginning). :rolleyes:

Got some chat going on here about different Toyota models:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...tml#post561585

For me, it wouldn't matter WHAT car company did that kind of advertising, it would bother me. And there is plenty positive coming from FitFreak members on various Toyotas in that thread.

Many people have more than one car, and only a few people here have TWO Fits. Some people don't have a Fit at all, but choose to hang out because of the people that are here. The people here are pretty good people and there's a huge age range and interest variety.

Bonus, there are areas to chat about other cars, good or bad. And it would be nice for you to participate in those discussions, as you mentioned your wife having pain in the seating position of the Fit.

I have bad back pain, and the Yaris seat WAS much more comfortable for ME. Not sure if this link will work, Yaris does NOT have the pain-inducing lower back support (which really irritates my spine):
Toyota Yaris Interior

If a person cannot drive the car comfortably because of the seats, it DOES make for a problem, no matter what brand it is. And people WILL need to know what other vehicles are in the same price range, what seats other people have found to be comfortable.

Tork 01-30-2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by manxman (Post 562564)
Wow!
Compliment our "friendly forum" and get bitch-slapped.

Sorry bout that, and welcome, glad you stopped by.

What I don't get is that some people don't get personal preference, or to each his own or that beauty is in the eye of the beholder:confused::confused::rolleyes:http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/ne_nau.gif

Yeah we have our little drama's, but there are a ton of great people here too.

Request could you post or link a pic of one of the better modded out Yaris's?
Thanks

manxman 01-30-2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tork (Post 562656)
Sorry bout that, and welcome, glad you stopped by.

What I don't get is that some people don't get personal preference, or to each his own or that beauty is in the eye of the beholder:confused::confused::rolleyes:http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/ne_nau.gif

Yeah we have our little drama's, but there are a ton of great people here too.

Request could you post or link a pic of one of the better modded out Yaris's?
Thanks

Ask blitzusa for a photo of his Yaris burning rubber in third gear (supercharged).

saiko 01-30-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by thebarber (Post 562549)
i like it.

You know man, it's pretty tight that you're cool with us. A lot of Yaris' owners aren't down with Fits. I might drop by the Yaris forums :D

Anyhow good to see someone outside the Fit Community being chill.

edit: haha okay so I'm a little board and I registered under the same user name... lets see how many haters i get =P

thebarber 01-30-2009 10:53 PM

likely lots of h8r's on yarisworld....put on the flame suit

link to likely the most modded yaris on the site...custom turbo, blah blah blah...not as many options as honda...sadly
Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site - funkygarage

pixiedixie862 01-30-2009 10:59 PM

you'll always find hater everywhere you go... and there is definitely haters towards Toyota/Scion community lol i just find it a little hilarious, thank god i dont get offended easily :)

SCBarren 01-30-2009 11:44 PM

I used to be a VW enthusiast (still love volkswagen obviously), but now I own a Fit.

I go with whats right for me, not with whats right for other people.

Hating is a pointless waste of time. So welcome to the boards! :)

Kazs 01-30-2009 11:52 PM

welcome to fitfreak, i lurk at yarisworld every so often and drool at the members rides.
No hate here, i'm a fan of all cars.

Super Mario 01-31-2009 12:06 AM

What do the guys at Yarisworld think about the recall?

thebarber 01-31-2009 07:38 AM

re: recall/fix: i dont know....i called toyota canada about it the day that article came out and they didnt know anything, lol. also called my local dealer and the same thing...knew nothing (but no surprise there)

um, what do i think? bleh...stuff goes wrong in cars or is misdesigned...even toyotas (or maybe espescially toyotas?). though its funny that at this point ive had to take my yaris is for more fixes than my aveo, haha.

edit: but what do ppl on yarisworld think? they just generally seem to shrug it off and put toyota back up on the pedestal....

but i had a matrix XRS and had a TON of problems with it....but i seemed to have got every item that ANYONE had on matrixowners.com go wrong all in my car, lol....luckily i bought extended warranty (which luckily/sadly paid for itself). still loved the car to death (8200 rpm redline ftw, etc) but hated taking it in every month for a fix or something

Fit_Dr 01-31-2009 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by thebarber (Post 562565)
oh, lol, haters here too!

thanks though

man, i wish the toyota's had some of the access to a/m parts like the hondas do.

my wife and i are talking about trading in our aveo (ya ya ya, its kdm tyte) for a fit in the future. i might be a stay-at-home dad, so ill be aiming for a gen1 fit w/ a 5spd...

Definitely get the GD (an 07 or 08) with the 5spd. You'll love it. Easy to mod with lots of good options.

My daughter thinks it's cool. Very practical car too.

Also own 07 Subaru STi for the big fun. My biggest problem with Toyota is killing off models like the Celica and Supra - real tuner cars. Scion isn't bad just not the same. Our hobby is under attack and things are going to get worse for car lovers.