Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   My first post and my first question... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/5442-my-first-post-my-first-question.html)

MunkeeFit 05-22-2006 10:26 PM

My first post and my first question...

I am a technician for a Ford dealership and made the change from an 2003 Focus to a 2007 Honda Fit Sport vivid blue pearl... How's that for a "Bold Move" Mr. Bill? It's a great car and a blast to drive!

Now my question, does anybody else here carry a pistol in their Fit? I am having a heck of time trying to figure out a easy to access place to keep mine. It fit nicely under the Focus seat but the Honda has very limited space under the driver's seat due to fuel tank. :confused:

HondaFamily 05-22-2006 10:45 PM

Why don't you keep it in your holster Cowboy

cheffyjay 05-22-2006 10:46 PM

People really leave their firearms in their car?

xorbe 05-22-2006 10:55 PM

Where's brdss when one really needs him... :D

phil_qc 05-22-2006 10:55 PM

Forgive my curiosity but why the hell do you need a gun in your car ?

Phil.

dougiepants 05-22-2006 11:05 PM

Perfect area in the "Nowhere" area!!! LOL...

Berto 05-22-2006 11:06 PM

take out the side air bag and make a cubby hole for it.

Mazee 05-23-2006 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by HondaFamily
Why don't you keep it in your holster Cowboy

*giggles* :D

jdmteggy06 05-23-2006 01:19 AM

i'll keep the supersoakers in the trunk

corey415 05-23-2006 01:23 AM

That's so gangsta!

Packy 05-23-2006 01:36 AM

I've never owned a gun (or felt the need to).

With that said, you could buy an aftermarket armrest and put it in there. I'd check the dimensions first, though.

Bukwheat 05-23-2006 02:23 AM

MunkeeFit....where the heck do you live!?!

If you order an OEM or aftermarket armrest, you could put it there. Or you could create some kind of velcro/strap holder to the front bottom of the driver's seat....or tucked somewhere above the footwell, if there's room. No, I don't carry/own a pistol...just throwing some ideas out. :D

hatchgeek 05-23-2006 02:28 AM

Aren't there some zippers or something on the back of the front seats? Maybe you can put it behind the front passenger seat or even in the pocket back there and when you're gettin' ready for that drive-by you can just reach over and since the arms already extended just roll down the back passenger window and shoot. :eek:

:p I'm kidding but there might be those zippers back there...is it really legal?

aziatiklover 05-23-2006 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Berto
take out the side air bag and make a cubby hole for it.

lmfao:D :D

Okietom 05-23-2006 02:52 AM

MunkeeFit, I am assuming that you have a carry permit and would like to legally carry your pistol. If I were carring in my car I would want a full size auto or revolver. It must be concealed to be legal at least here in Oklahoma. I like the idea of mounting a holster right below the steering column. Some where that would allow quick and easy access. My last issue of American Rifleman has an advertisment for a Concelaed Carry Magazine. I would bet that has some good ideas.

jazz_honda 05-23-2006 03:08 AM

how about the glove compartment?..no?

xorbe 05-23-2006 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by jazz_honda
how about the glove compartment?..no?

I think the idea is that one doesn't want to reach for the supersoaker when it's needed...

fit_ness 05-23-2006 05:41 AM

Don't accidentally squeeze one off into the gas tank.

rayzer59 05-23-2006 07:11 AM

weapons

MunkeeFit,

Don't let the liberal element get to you. If any of them ever have their FIT 'jacked, they'll wish they had exercised their right to bear arms (and ya'll can keep your well regulated militia comments to yourself. If you are too wimpy to correctly use a firearm, then STFU.)

I, as it turns out, am also a Ford technician, and previously I worked for 11 years in a Cadillac dealership. My first day on the job at the Caddy shop, I noticed that, one after another, the techs were taking hand guns out of their tool boxes and carrying with them as they left work. The dealership was three blocks or so from the state capitol, but the police were (and still are) unable to control the crime in Jackson, MS.

I don't know what the laws are like were ya'll are, but in Mississippi, "Based upon section 97-37-1(2), the Attorney General of Mississippi has opined that a person may legally transport a weapon within a vehicle, whether or not he or she has obtained a permit. Attorney General, State of Mississippi, (Dec. 4, 1991), A.G.Op. #91-0898."

Right now, I live in a fairly safe suburb of Jackson, and work in a part of Jackson that is fairly well regulated. But there are large areas where I never go, and would take a weapon with me if I was forced to go there. It is an almost daily occurance for a woman to be attacked in front of an office supply or similar store here, usually within sight of major interstate highways (think I-20, or I-55), and then wait 20 to 30 minutes for the police to arrive, police who cannot go after the perpetrators because there is no back-up.

I'll bet if some of you who are casting stones at the idea of carrying a weapon were carjacked, or beaten and robbed once, you wouldn't let it happen again. If you lived the first time.

(Now ya'll can flame all you want, because I won't revisit this topic.)

MunkeeFit, when you find a good spot, PM me.

Ya'll be good.

Berto 05-23-2006 08:19 AM

In ohio its worthless to carry a gun in your car

you have to have the gun in a the truck and have all the ammunition out of it and in a locked glovebox.

by the time you get your key unlock your glovebox, pop the truck unlock your gun lock box, put the ammo in the gun and aim, your car is gone or you are dead.

so i do it the easier way. insurance!