General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
First problem with my Fit

Not a biggie but annoying. One of the air vents (the left one over the stereo) has broken (a little plastic nub broke off) and won't allow regular up/down rotation of the vent. Does anyone know whether that would be a warranty issue or am I on my own for that?
Thanks so much. Other then that I've really been enjoying the car. FWIW, first three tanks (70/30 stop and go)
25 mpg (paddles)
30 mpg (no paddles)
28 mpg (no paddles)

Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Honda factory warranty rules!!!!

Took my car in to get serviced yesterday. Told the advisor about a few other things that needed to be looked at. One of those being the stock Sport wheels. All 4 of them have corrosion around where the centercap goes.
Im very careful on cleaning the car and use Meguires car wash soap. No acids and clean the salt/snow off it in the winter.
They called me ni the afternoon and stated they would repl the wheels for me under warranty!! All 4 of them!!!
Theyve been ordered and will be here in a week.
I was expecting them to call and say sorry your SOL we cant do anything for ya....

Last edited by FitSport; 06-20-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM
That's good to hear. It always inspiring to hear when a dealer stands behind their products. Unfortunately all dealerships are not as generous. I have heard horror stories of shops not wanting to replace legitimate problems for people. You would think that a dealership would want to make their customers happy. Happy people spread the good word to other potential customers.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=PhillyJoe;63646]where does the remaining oil life display? I have read about it in this forum, but never noticed a display for it when I looked at the car.

There is a button above the odometer you push to reset the mileage for trip A, and trip B... you press it a 3rd time and it shows you the % of oil life left. Also, the display automatically displays the oil life first when it gets to either 15% or 10% (I just discovered that when mine got to that point, cant remember exactly).

Old 06-16-2007, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wrkoutgrl1
There is a button above the odometer you push to reset the mileage for trip A, and trip B... you press it a 3rd time and it shows you the % of oil life left. Also, the display automatically displays the oil life first when it gets to either 15% or 10% (I just discovered that when mine got to that point, cant remember exactly).

15% the oil life will come on first.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mmm...
check Honda Canada (Honda Canada), you'll find it there - all the dealers around here sell it. I got mine for 80 bucks (CAD) from my dealer even though the website lists the price as $160. it looks really nice too.
I looked on that website, but cant find anywhere to search for or order a hood deflector. My hood has a few little dings of paint where i guess debris has hit, and i really want to avoid any more damage. A deflector would be nice, or has anyone tried that clear plastic stuff from 3M, its basically a big piece of tape to put on your hood to protect it. I would like to hear if anyone knows much about this product.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
i wanted to order the hood deflector too. makes no sense that it only is sold as an option in Canada. It's the same damn car except for DRL's i think so what's the difference. I can't find it online anywhere either.

That clear film you are talking about sounds good but it is extremely expensive and if you get it done make sure you go to someone who KNOWS what they are doing. I've seen some that have come off slightly in some areas and it looks horrible.

Doesn't help that they did a sub-standard job on the paint in the first place. I can't tell you how many posts i have seen here of people complaining about it. Myself included.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:06 AM
NMG
Coolant leak on brand new Fit . . .

Okay I have to vent a little bit and I HATE for this to be my first post

I noticed a bit of an odor after coming home from washing my car today, so I popped the hood and noticed that there was coolant (at least I'm pretty sure it was coolant) pooling in the plastic pan underneath the engine. In addition, the coolant reservoir appeared well below the MIN line, although there still was some left in it. I tried to see where the leak was coming from but I couldn't detect it. I did see it drip a few times from the left side of the engine area and pool onto the plastic pan, just to the left of where the oil filter is located. Suffice to say that this sucks! Current milege on my 2007 Fit Sport is about 320km and no that isn't a typo

I understand completely that stuff like this happens, but I sure hope this isn't something major. I don't know whether to cry or tell the dealer to get me a new car. I love the car otherwise. Obviously the dealer will be getting call Monday morning and the car will be parked until then.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by NMG
Okay I have to vent a little bit and I HATE for this to be my first post

I noticed a bit of an odor after coming home from washing my car today, so I popped the hood and noticed that there was coolant (at least I'm pretty sure it was coolant) pooling in the plastic pan underneath the engine.... Current milege on my 2007 Fit Sport is about 320km and no that isn't a typo

I understand completely that stuff like this happens, but I sure hope this isn't something major. I don't know whether to cry or tell the dealer to get me a new car. I love the car otherwise. Obviously the dealer will be getting call Monday morning and the car will be parked until then.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
What color was the liquid that you observed? I just checked my coolant, and in my USDM Fit, the coolant is a deep blue green, much more blue than the bright Prestone green that I'm used to. If the liquid is clear, the chances are that it is condensation from the A/C.

Eric

Old 06-17-2007, 02:30 PM
NMG
Hey Eric, thanks for the reply!

It's definitely that blue colour and not clear. I was sort of stumped at first as well because I'm used to the bright green coolant like the stuff that is used in my truck. It also has the smell and feel of coolant.

I was doing some research last night after I posted and I'm wondering if the water pump isn't the culprit? There was definitely a drip that I could see and it didn't seem like it could come from the rad or any of the hoses given where the drip was coming from.

Last edited by NMG; 06-17-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Power outlet and Plastic Zits

It's not a biggie, but I have a similar spot up on the dash near the instrument cluster. I didn't notice it when I bought the car, but a couple days later I was like wtf? It's hard not to focus on it now as it looks like a plastic zit on my otherwise perfect Fit dash.

The only other issue is that recently the cigarette/power outlet stopped working. Thought initially it might be a fuse, but I checked all of them and they all seemed ok. The metal "barrel" always seemed to be a little loose in the plastic housing since I got the car, but the connection had seemed OK. I'm guessing that there's a loose connection behind there somewhere due to all the slipping when I'd plug something in. I'm going to drop it at the dealer this Friday and have them look at it. Now I'll ask about that spot on the dash too. Thanks for posting this.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
NMG
Just a quick update to my earlier post. I took the Fit in this morning and they checked it out and advised me that it was a pin hole in a coolant hose that was causing the leak. They indicated it was repaired and all seems well now. I'll keep an eye on it but it seemed like a pretty basic thing.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Coolant level

Well, it is a good thing I'm taking my car to the dealership today, because I noticed last night my coolant light stayed on a bit longer than usual. Just checked my coolant level, and it is near the minimum line. I had checked it sometime last week and it was about 1/2 way between minimum and maximum.

Haven't noticed any leaks under the car in my garage.

Have only had the car 2.5 weeks.

Will let you know.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 AM
give us more info on what happened

Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by FitSport
One of those being the stock Sport wheels. All 4 of them have corrosion around where the centercap goes.
Im very careful on cleaning the car and use Meguires car wash soap. No acids and clean the salt/snow off it in the winter.
They called me ni the afternoon and stated they would repl the wheels for me under warranty!! All 4 of them!!!
Theyve been ordered and will be here in a week.
I was expecting them to call and say sorry your SOL we cant do anything for ya....
WOW....I have this exact issue. Pretty bummed about it and have been wondering why it happened. Wonder if my dealer will be so nice.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Check engine light

I would say that almost every other time I get gas the "check your fuel cap" message comes on. Knowing that I properly put the cap on right the first time, I again take the cap off and reinstall it and still get the same message.
However, this time it tripped the check engine light and over a period of 5 or so days it refused to go out.
I was then forced to take it to my local dealer with whom I had to schedule an appointment since they would not simply just read the codes and clear the EVAP code so I could go on my way.
So I make arrangements to leave the car the next day and what do you know...all they did was reset the codes and tell me to tighten the gas cap.
I then proceeded to go ballistic because even the service guy himself could not make the light go out after he reinstalled the cap....apparently it takes a professionally trained Honda service person to install the gas cap.
After explaining that I would not be back again for the same problem, I demanded a new gas cap as I constantly get the same error message. I am sure that the cap will not fix the problem but it is a constant annoyance and I wanted to hit them in the pocketbook for my inconvienence.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Defect in Dash

Picked up my 2007 Fit Sport last week and while driving home from the dealership I noticed 3 long scratches (about 2 - 4 inches each) above the center dash vents. Took it back the next day and the service guy is ordering me a replacement. He couldn't tell if it was done during installation or if the defect was in the plastic itself. Also noticed small scratches in the visor part around the intrument panel.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
its the least they could do in my opinoin

Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
accessory power sockets are defective.

Mine was like the one described above. It was loose and would cause it to short and blow the fuse. The dealer replaced it and no problems since. I saw somewhere that it is a known problem so call the dealer and make sure they have one in stock so they can change it while you wait.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
you might have had the same problem as iheartmygd3 and I??? did your car let you go past 4k rpms??? if you didnt try that, try it next time it pops up... I reset my ECU and it was fine after that. this seems like it might b an up and growing problem

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs