Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Immobilizer???? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/6386-immobilizer.html)

vzmrks13 06-22-2006 08:12 PM

Immobilizer????

Just pick-up my Fit Sport I was charged an extra 600 bucks for an alarm they said they put in! The only thing is that the only key remotes are already on the key itself. Did I get shafted? Doesnt the Sport come with an alarm?
Thanks Mark

cliu 06-22-2006 08:14 PM

600 dollars for an alarm and you have to ask?

Wave 06-22-2006 08:17 PM

The Sport does come with an alarm. sounds like you're getting jerked. Which dealer is this?

vzmrks13 06-22-2006 08:30 PM

PS Honda

PS Honda I think I got jerked too.

Tomh 06-22-2006 09:11 PM

If you got a Sport then yes you got ripped off, and you might want to contact them aboutthis and get your money back for the so-called add on alarm which would be stock, or just get alot of free accessories taht they now owe you.

vzmrks13 06-22-2006 09:15 PM

alarm

Did anybody receive an information packet saying "automate owners package" with their sport? Does a stock sport have motion sensors?
Thanks for your input it's very helpful

lovethatfit 06-22-2006 09:24 PM

i think you got jacked, sorry to hear that, but i don't think you can get any money back since the papers were signed...

Tomh 06-22-2006 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by vzmrks13
Did anybody receive an information packet saying "automate owners package" with their sport? Does a stock sport have motion sensors?
Thanks for your input it's very helpful

no, they don't have motion sensors.

vzmrks13 06-22-2006 10:27 PM

Did anyone get an automate alarm book with their car? Mine does have motion sensors, maybe I did get something.

fm2n 06-22-2006 11:50 PM

Did anyone get an automate alarm book with their car? Mine does have motion sensors, maybe I did get something.

Even so, for 600 bucks it is not worth it. You can spend 400 for what you are getting and more. My friend had an aftermarket one installed for 500 or so and it included motion sensor, proximity sensor, trunk open, window rollup/down, remote engine start, and a remote that can be controlled from over 500 feet. We were up on a steep hill looking down at the parking lot and you can barely see his car as they looked like tiny brownies.. he pushed his alarm remote and you can see his car disarm. Pretty neat.

Do the research next time, thats all I can say =\

vzmrks13 06-23-2006 12:02 AM

Hey thanks for all the input. I did have something installed after all. And I do agree with fm2n I did spend too much, however I would rather have the dealer do it than to bring it somewhere else so if there is a problem they can't say anything! I'm sure I could of had something put in for a better price but what bothered me was that I paid for something I did'nt get. Well it's time for me to enjoy my Fit!!!!! Thanks again

gimme 06-23-2006 12:50 AM

I spent 399 on mine. they come pre-installed (atleast down here) on all the fit's. And from what I know, all of the fits come with the keyless entry deal. That ISNT an alarm. You touch my wheels wrong, my car yells at you.

Tomh 06-24-2006 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by gimme
I spent 399 on mine. they come pre-installed (atleast down here) on all the fit's. And from what I know, all of the fits come with the keyless entry deal. That ISNT an alarm. You touch my wheels wrong, my car yells at you.

NO not all of th eFits come with Keyless, only the sports do, the base models get it as a accessory add on.

buster71 06-24-2006 10:31 AM

PS Honda I think I got jerked too.

Argh, I just signed my papers 2 days ago with PS Honda. I signed for MSRP $15720 for a Sport MT, but I hope they don't pull any crap once my car is in.

vzmrks13 06-24-2006 11:07 AM

Buster71 I may have overpaid for an alarm which they did put in after all, they just where able to program the key fobs that came with the car which I liked. God forbid there is a problem they can't blame it on who ever put in the alarm. I don't mind paying I just get pissed for paying for something I didnt get! Who was your salesperson? I delt with Bill! How long do you have to wait for your car? I waited 2 and a half weeks.

buster71 06-24-2006 11:22 AM

Who was your salesperson? I delt with Bill! How long do you have to wait for your car? I waited 2 and a half weeks.

I dealt with Robert, the Internet sales manager. He quoted me MSRP, I took it and went in to sign the papers. Took all of about 10 minutes. He said wait time would be 4 weeks. I'm in no rush, though. ;)

vzmrks13 06-24-2006 12:13 PM

buster71 they were straight foward with me about the time to get the car in. PS Honda did the right thing with me. I may have overpaid for the alarm but thats ok, maybe I could have gotten the alarm for 200 bucks cheaper somewhere else but thats more time wasted for me. I needed a car ASAP, I was stuck driving my Corvette for two weeks and I needed a car with a back seat and decent storage room. Good luck!

buster71 06-24-2006 05:13 PM

buster71 they were straight foward with me about the time to get the car in. PS Honda did the right thing with me. I may have overpaid for the alarm but thats ok, maybe I could have gotten the alarm for 200 bucks cheaper somewhere else but thats more time wasted for me. I needed a car ASAP, I was stuck driving my Corvette for two weeks and I needed a car with a back seat and decent storage room. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for putting my mind at ease. PS Honda seemed to be straightforward with me about the purchase and I enjoyed the no-nonsense transaction.

I'll be trading in (I think) my '05 Scion tC with them, and even though they didn't offer anything close to what I can get on a private sale, I still let them do it. After you factor in the sales tax break for the trade in, I figure trading it in will cost me about $800 vs. private sale. So, in a way, I'll be overpaying as well, but you're right - sometimes it's just about saving time and avoiding hassle.

Good luck with your FIT!

vzmrks13 06-24-2006 09:01 PM

buster I only overpaid for the upgraded alarm, I paid msrp for the car. Sometimes when you pay abit more in the begining could save you alot of headaches in any unlikely event something breaks on the car.