Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   the truth about mileage on the fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/68119-truth-about-mileage-fit.html)

craigquakertown 10-16-2011 10:51 AM

the truth about mileage on the fit

A- she only has a ten gallon tank
B- if you drive in the city, lights and highway are usually crowded hence bad fuel mileage
C- defroster runs on compressor which can kill gas mileage(especially in cities)
D- if you have a sport(i'm guilty of this) sometimes you just want to rush, cause she does get decent accel for a car its size
E- be happy your getting over 20mpg
F- i'm happy to know my car could go 250,000 if i maintain it right when most cars can't go past 150,000mls

be happy I love my little car and I used to drive a 1980 malibu what kind of mileage did you think i got. my only complaint was i wish my 07 sport had all wheel disk brakes but i know i'll do two front brake jobs before the rears need changing but that means money i can save

solbrothers 10-16-2011 11:15 AM

I agree completely! some people want their honda to get 100mpg and run a 10 second quarter mile and be safer in a crash than any other car on the road. it just isn't possible to have them all (and still cost teh same as it does)

craigquakertown 10-17-2011 04:45 AM

and now the new thing is a rumor of a lawsuit to say that honda should be sued for bad mileage get over yourselves if you join that lawsuit your as pathetic as those ambulance chasing lawyers and you are the reason why buisnesses leave the us cause of dumb ass lawsuits as that one

solbrothers 10-17-2011 09:23 AM

lol @ this lawsuit. learn to drive, people

EvoFit 10-17-2011 09:51 AM

i've personally never really cared about gas mileage or gas prices. why? simple, it is what it is. no matter how much you complain, your car's not going to go much farther per tank. no matter how much you complain, gas prices wont drop to as cheap as the early 90's. if i'd ever become as anal as the people who are trying to sue honda for shitty gas mileage. i'd get my ass in public transportation.

sooznd 10-17-2011 02:57 PM

Agree with all above. If gas mpg isn't good enough on the Fit, then walk, ride your bike or use public transportation.
My Fit is so much better with gas then my old Subie. Plus it gets better acceleration.

niko3257 10-17-2011 10:27 PM

i agree also.
except for C
this can be fixed very easily.

craigquakertown 10-19-2011 04:30 AM

I'm glad i have found people who are not on that mileage jazz(no pun intended). we enjoy our cars and we are happy we have em raise your glass to all the happy fit owners who love there cars

craigquakertown 10-19-2011 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by niko3257 (Post 1042573)
i agree also.
except for C
this can be fixed very easily.

well everytime I turn on my defroster i hear my fan kick in and i feel a slight difference in acceleration even with the heat on and living in the snowbelt i used my defrost alot last year

niko3257 10-19-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by craigquakertown (Post 1042951)
well everytime I turn on my defroster i hear my fan kick in and i feel a slight difference in acceleration even with the heat on and living in the snowbelt i used my defrost alot last year

Just do this and your all set.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...c-defrost.html

Fit Mods: Dedicated to modifying your Honda Fit

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...oster-lot.html

Vash 10-19-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by craigquakertown (Post 1042153)
D- if you have a sport(i'm guilty of this) sometimes you just want to rush, cause she does get decent accel for a car its size

theres a difference between a sport and acceleration compared to the regular fit?

craigquakertown 10-20-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vash (Post 1043016)
theres a difference between a sport and acceleration compared to the regular fit?

there shouldnt be unless you got a stick which i think there about the same. they are not to far off of each other which is impressive

Logans07Fitty 02-27-2013 10:12 PM

I can fit 13 Gallons of Gas in my 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I can post the photo if no one believes me.

spreadhead 02-27-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Logans07Fitty (Post 1165646)
I can fit 13 Gallons of Gas in my 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I can post the photo if no one believes me.

Overfilling a car does not improve gas milage.

Texas Coyote 02-28-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Logans07Fitty (Post 1165646)

I believe you. I've filled to the top since I bought my Fit in July 2006.. The long fill tube to the tank will hold enough fuel to easily take you 100 miles further or more than you would go if you were to stop pumping when the pump clicked off the 1st time... You may not get better fuel mileage but you won't waste as much time looking for gas, waiting to get to a pump not in use or figuring your fuel mileage... Time is money.:wavey:

Brain Champagne 02-28-2013 06:34 PM

If time were money this site would have many fewer postings.

Texas Coyote 02-28-2013 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brain Champagne (Post 1165847)
If time were money this site would have many fewer postings.

I'll fess up to having more time than money... For a long period of time if I wasn't careful with my time I had no money to be careful with.:vtec:

MiamiJazz 03-01-2013 12:39 AM

Living in Miami, we use allot of A/C. I drive a lot more concertative. I have had powerful cars. Very close to losing my Lic, That means also my Job. That's when i went to Scion XB. Now with the Fit I manage to capture 34 mpgs. 50/50 split between Hwy & City. I went to Key West this past weekend. My Jazz captured 38 mpgs(My car said 39) My math with Gas reciept put me at 38.2 In the Keys you better stay cool. Only a couple of section that have 50 MPH.
Now this week I have been having a little more fun with my Jazz. Practing with the paddle shifters. Still averaging 31/32. I played with car with A/C on and momentarly off. Trying to see the change in boost. Car runs quicker with A/C off at high RPM's. We have had a record hot week. Summer like weather. A cold front is moving in, as i write. We had no winter here this year. This means no A/C better mpgs. Overall I avg winter 33/34. Summer 31/32. Now I have changed my driving habbits dramtically. Which has also help me to be less stressful. OH and if the car only captured say 26 mpgs So what I love this car. Peace

MiamiJazz 03-01-2013 12:58 AM

By the way thanks for the tip on the front window defrost. I rarely use it. Maybe a few times a year in the Mid to North Florida regions. On Business travel. Otherwise road trips we use the family vessel.
They capture cool/cold weather more Consistently. Many cold fronts stall and don't make down this far into Miami. Peace

DavefromCA 03-18-2013 01:36 PM

Even if you are getting 27/33 that the epa says thats pretty good. People seem to over estimate what their car gets mpg wise and then you're like "WHAT I ONLY GOT 35 MPG??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR?" The fit gets good mileage, maybe not as much as a hybrid but as long as your use your cc at 65 mph you should get 40 mpg. Besides the msrp is low for what you get. A roomy, dependable car with a great list of standard features.

It's funny, it depends on what kind of internet argument you're having.... on this board its "STUPID FIT ONLY GOT 37 MPG!" Versus the mustang forums I used to visit "MY STUPID CAR ONLY DYNO'D 288 HP AT THE WHEELS WTF????"