Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   HALP! i'm new (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/79814-halp-im-new.html)

katielady 10-01-2013 03:13 PM

HALP! i'm new

hello fit friends! i have a 2008 sport fit in blackberry pearl. i'm really interested in modifying it but i'm kinda clueless.
i really want to get the konig daylites in gold but i don't really know anything about the tire aspect of it, sooooo any information would be really helpful.
i want to do a lot more to my car eventually but i don't even really know where to start. i have friends that know all about this stuff but they either have the civic si's or VWs and don't have much experience with fits.
any information or advice would be super helpful!!!
thank you in advance! :)

mike410b 10-01-2013 03:29 PM

Just do some research.

This site is full of information.

Also, friends don't let friends buy Konigs.

Wanderer. 10-01-2013 03:33 PM

Read "stickys" here for wheel questions:

Fit Shoes - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Read stickys in other sub-forums too, lots of info. Your question is pretty broad and it's difficult to give advice with you having no base of knowledge or letting us know what your goal is. Your friends should be able to help you, a car is a car especially to someone that "knows all about this stuff".

Read stickys, if you need clarification ask, but most of the basics are well-covered here. Knowledge takes time.

katielady 10-01-2013 03:43 PM

i wish there was a book for dummies. basically i would like to lower my car and make it go fast haha. but i don't know where to begin or how to go about doing that. there's always the great debate on bags vs coilovers, and i don't really know what brands are good and all that jazz. any input really would help a lot.

Wanderer. 10-01-2013 03:56 PM

Well, luckilly for you there is a website with all that information on it already, you just have to search for it and read it:

Link:
Fit Trix - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

There is your book.

mike410b 10-01-2013 04:45 PM

Another option is to go to the Fit Photos & Videos section, then look at pictures of cars, if you see a car you like, the owner has probably posted their 'mod list' somewhere on here.

Just don't go posting in the thread if its like 5 years old, you'll most likely get no answer unless one of us long-time members actually remembers and feels nice.

cjecpa 10-01-2013 04:57 PM

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of owners more then happy to help you out. Especially in wheels and suspension. It seems like any car you buy there is no set standard that works for every make of car. Good luck in your search and post up some pictures of your car and when you decide on what modifications are best for you.

katielady 10-01-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1204109)
Just do some research.

This site is full of information.

Also, friends don't let friends buy Konigs.

why?! whats's wrong with them?

but thank you guys

katielady 10-01-2013 05:40 PM

also how do i get notifications when you guys comment on a thread i post or replies to something i've posted in a thread? i don't know what i'm doing haha oops

mike410b 10-01-2013 05:53 PM

Bad quality, both structurally and cosmetically.

They also steal designs from other manufacturers.

For example:

Konig Daylite is a knock off of the Ings+1 TS-06.

Nerdsrock22 10-01-2013 07:52 PM

Konigs will be fine for an entry level first-time wheel.

Use Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator to make sure that the tires you choose fit within 2% of the stock diameter to prevent speedo/odometer inaccuracy.

loudbang 10-02-2013 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by katielady (Post 1204128)
also how do i get notifications when you guys comment on a thread i post or replies to something i've posted in a thread? i don't know what i'm doing haha oops

Go to your USER CP (on the left side of the page right near the top. There you can modify if and how you get notification. Or look at your subscribed list first thing when you sign in and it will have activity in the threads you post in.

katielady 10-02-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nerdsrock22 (Post 1204137)
Konigs will be fine for an entry level first-time wheel.

Use Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator to make sure that the tires you choose fit within 2% of the stock diameter to prevent speedo/odometer inaccuracy.

thank you!!

Originally Posted by loudbang (Post 1204168)
Go to your USER CP (on the left side of the page right near the top. There you can modify if and how you get notification. Or look at your subscribed list first thing when you sign in and it will have activity in the threads you post in.

thanks a bunch!

also, thank you to the people i haven't replied to. i appreciate your advice! i understand that i need to just read up on all this stuff and learn it myself but a little guidance helps a ton!

Piolk 10-02-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1204129)
Bad quality, both structurally and cosmetically.

They also steal designs from other manufacturers.

For example:

Konig Daylite is a knock off of the Ings+1 TS-06.

Dang I just looked at some pictures of those Ings and my Konigs are a complete rip off of those. Now I don't feel so good about owning them. I always thought they were Konig's take on RPF1's. But regarding the strength, I've hit some mean pot holes and no bends yet. However, right when I got them I noticed the finish wasn't that great. In some places it isn't smooth and the paint is off colored. I really wish I would have gotten some Works. I didn't realize how cheap you can get used wheels for. Although they are my first wheels and if I had some super baller ones I would be too afraid to damage them. Anyway, OP look at what wheels are for sale used because you may be able to afford something much better than Konigs. Konigs aren't really that bad but if you care a lot about having legit stuff get something else. Also like other members suggested, check out peoples build threads to get inspiration and info. Thats how I decided on my first mods.

mike410b 10-02-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Piolk (Post 1204235)
Dang I just looked at some pictures of those Ings and my Konigs are a complete rip off of those. Now I don't feel so good about owning them. I always thought they were Konig's take on RPF1's. But regarding the strength, I've hit some mean pot holes and no bends yet. However, right when I got them I noticed the finish wasn't that great. In some places it isn't smooth and the paint is off colored. I really wish I would have gotten some Works. I didn't realize how cheap you can get used wheels for. Although they are my first wheels and if I had some super baller ones I would be too afraid to damage them. Anyway, OP look at what wheels are for sale used because you may be able to afford something much better than Konigs. Konigs aren't really that bad but if you care a lot about having legit stuff get something else. Also like other members suggested, check out peoples build threads to get inspiration and info. Thats how I decided on my first mods.

Glad I could spread the knowledge around :thumbups:

As for the worrying about damaging the wheels:

You get over it real fast, finishes will get chipped, curbing won't happen if you're careful, anything outside of that is largely out of your control. My first set of wheels were some Ray's 77w, I was worried about them for a few days and after that, they were just wheels, nothing special.

katielady 10-02-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Piolk (Post 1204235)
Dang I just looked at some pictures of those Ing and my Konigs are a complete rip off of those. Now I don't feel so good about owning them. I always thought they were Konig's take on RPF1's. But regarding the strength, I've hit some mean pot holes and no bends yet. However, right when I got them I noticed the finish wasn't that great. In some places it isn't smooth and the paint is off colored. I really wish I would have gotten some Works. I didn't realize how cheap you can get used wheels for. Although they are my first wheels and if I had some super baller ones I would be too afraid to damage them. Anyway, OP look at what wheels are for sale used because you may be able to afford something much better than Konigs. Konigs aren't really that bad but if you care a lot about having legit stuff get something else. Also like other members suggested, check out peoples build threads to get inspiration and info. Thats how I decided on my first mods.

i mean i really don't care about SUPER high quality right now. i mean, this is the first car that i've decided to mod, and i'm a chick so i feel like people won't be like "psshh omg that girl is so lame for having konigs" ya know? i'm still new to all of this and if it's something i want to get really serious into then i will definitely pay for the more quality stuff. but for now i'm just testing the waters.

Piolk 10-02-2013 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by katielady (Post 1204245)
i mean i really don't care about SUPER high quality right now. i mean, this is the first car that i've decided to mod, and i'm a chick so i feel like people won't be like "psshh omg that girl is so lame for having konigs" ya know? i'm still new to all of this and if it's something i want to get really serious into then i will definitely pay for the more quality stuff. but for now i'm just testing the waters.

Yeah so in your case Konigs should be just fine. You can't beat $125 a wheel :p

mike410b 10-02-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by katielady (Post 1204245)

Oh, you're one of them...

katielady 10-02-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1204249)
Oh, you're one of them...

yeah i guess so...? just trying to get some advice, not to be hated on...

loudbang 10-03-2013 12:45 AM

Never mind the wheel snob and get what you like and can afford it only makes them feel "special" if they can bag on other members the rest of us just admire fellow members rides no matter what wheels they pick out FOR THEMSELVES.

The rest of the world doesn't care but there are a few "special people" that will snipe from the crowd about other peoples choices.