Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Pre-production 2014 Honda Fit Spotted in SoCal (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/79895-pre-production-2014-honda-fit-spotted-socal.html)

Waiz 10-08-2013 05:22 PM

Pre-production 2014 Honda Fit Spotted in SoCal

1 Attachment(s)
Friend of mine spotted this today, looks like they are already testing the next generation in the US

Attachment 17332

I will keep an eye out for more of them since I live pretty close to the Honda HQ

Wanderer. 10-08-2013 06:25 PM

Nice spotted pic! should send to Jalopnik.

I can dig it, idk about those reflector pieces in the back window. Won't trade my GE in, but I think they look better than I thought they would.

xxryu139xx 10-08-2013 06:38 PM

Wish u had a usdm headshot

Katsumoto 10-08-2013 07:54 PM

From what I see aside from the spoiler shown on this picture, everything looks like the RS in all the 2014 Fit press release shots.

The backend squares on both sides, the turn signal mirrors. So *crossing fingers* USDM Sport = JDM RS?

Waiz 10-08-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1204952)
Nice spotted pic! should send to Jalopnik.

I can dig it, idk about those reflector pieces in the back window. Won't trade my GE in, but I think they look better than I thought they would.

Just noticed those reflectors too, hmmm not sure I like that.

I'm with you, I'm good on my GE for awhile

Originally Posted by xxryu139x (Post 1204953)
Wish u had a usdm headshot

I will keep an eye out, this is all that my friend was able to see

Originally Posted by Katsumoto (Post 1204965)
From what I see aside from the spoiler shown on this picture, everything looks like the RS in all the 2014 Fit press release shots.

The backend squares on both sides, the turn signal mirrors. So *crossing fingers* USDM Sport = JDM RS?

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing

I have a feeling this is pretty close to the final look for the car

Triskelion 10-08-2013 08:28 PM

I hope that the red reflectors on the hatch glass go away- looks like an old Volvo station wagon.

Waiz 10-08-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Triskelion (Post 1204969)
I hope that the red reflectors on the hatch glass go away- looks like an old Volvo station wagon.

I don't think it will since it's in the JDM version

http://strumors.automobilemag.com/fi...w-1024x680.jpg

Triskelion 10-08-2013 09:10 PM

With the architecture of the bumper in your last photo, I guess that I could get used to the reflectors. But I am not a likely candidate for purchasing the next Fit edition considering the extremely low mileage that I have collected on my '09 Fit. If the '14 and later Fits offer some extremely interesting tech. options, I might be persuaded to trade up, but it would take some pretty extreme options.

martymcfly 10-08-2013 10:48 PM

"USDM" rear bumper? The "lines" in the rear bumper are different from the JDM version.

MTLian 10-09-2013 01:41 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the compressing of the rear window. It gives the car more agressive lines but I don't like a small rear window, in fact that's what I hate the most of the Matrix and the Juke. The darn rear window is like 30% the size of the driver's window. Also, a small window mean a huge chunk of door under it, which I think looks stupid. Too much door between the wheel and the window. Not a fan of the new fit.

xxryu139xx 10-09-2013 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by martymcfly (Post 1204985)
"USDM" rear bumper? The "lines" in the rear bumper are different from the JDM version.

yeah i can definitely see a difference. at least they look similar. the JDM is "flatter" almost no bumper. USDM u can already see the bumper jutting out.

BellaPeople 10-09-2013 07:57 AM

i have gone highly confuse to get with the number of opinions on the issue here .. finding it apt to let the outcome arrive as it is going to be

martymcfly 10-09-2013 09:16 AM

After seeing cars in Brazil (including my GD1) I can see why USDM bumpers need to "beef up". Although cosmetic wise subjective opinion said USDM front/rear end don't look at good, the safety standard with stronger bumpers is important.

When a car is rear ended here (even at low speed), it eats into the tailgate/trunk. I know JDM conversion guys might not agree but I have seen enough the damage of even minor "fender bender" here.

FitStir 10-09-2013 09:56 AM

Damn, now that's a "spotted spy shot"!!!! You're friend has a good eye!!! :thumbups: :thumbups: :thumbups:

You can see the USDM rear is a little fatter...

cjecpa 10-09-2013 10:16 AM

Maybe for the LA Auto Show in November.

The back looks like it goes straight down I like the way the rear wheel wells look on the GE8 kind of flare out.

http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws...0a9e28e0_7.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/u...psb961a877.jpg

Texas Coyote 10-09-2013 01:15 PM

I am as happy as I can be with the way my seven year old GD-3 looks.. I think that Honda got it right the first time on a lot of the new models introduced over the years, only to do unnecessary changes that did little if anything to improve what they started out with.. When they build a Fit with improvements in function and performance instead of styling gizmos and gadgetry, I might be inclined to drive to a dealership and check one out.

cjecpa 10-09-2013 01:23 PM

I think there is a lot of cars that the first generation is the best so far (my opinion) or are more desirable like the GTI MK1, Acura TSX and TL, Mazda 3, Lexus IS-300, Miata (because it was simple could get without power windows, steering and A/C), etc.

zilla8 10-09-2013 02:59 PM

Nice catch!!! I'll have to see it in person and test drive one before I decide if I want to trade up.

I more of a clean and simple look kind of guy so It's a little busy for my taste but we will see :)

kenchan 10-09-2013 03:25 PM

nice shot (again) waizzz. :thumbups:

yah, it does look quite busy and those holes in the bumper scream FAKE! vents... :eek3:

and where's the exhaust cutout? do we get the bathtub faucet mufflers again like the GD's? :hyper:

Wanderer. 10-09-2013 03:47 PM

^Yes, looks like it, bottom right downturn muffler.

That is one thing I like about the GE, the muffler and cutout look thought-out and more classy than the random piece of metal thrown on the back of most B segment cars. The downside of it to me is it limits universal muffler choices a bit.