General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is the M/T officially dead???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
mike and kenchan have a tendency to come off a bit harsh at times. So do I! Guess that's why I enjoy their posts.
Why hurt me like this? MODS MODERATE HIM.

(I'm kidding, this is related to someone already giving him an infraction for unknown reasons)

Interesting! I've driven a couple and really enjoyed them. Never bought one because I despise convertibles. Always figured I'd have to buy a hardtop to go along with it which isn't a big deal, but just never owned one. Also not a fan of the lack of power and feared that ownership would lead me down the v8 swap rabbit hole.

The driving position, pedals, shifter, etc all seem really natural and the size is fun.

What did you not enjoy about the experience? Was yours just a basket case or did you not like the driving dynamics?
I HATED the engine, total lack of character, the sound, the power delivery, etc. Found the shifter very unpleasant (oddly, that's a thing Miata's are largely renowned for), didn't like the steering feel & just generally never felt right in one. For my money, NA/NB Miata vs EF/EG/EK Civic....I'm buying the Civic every single time.

(But EF/EG/EK Civic put against most cars is going to result in the same decision, I adore those cars, even against stuff that would cost 20+ times more)

My Miata was solid, I cleaned it up a bit, the previous owner had done the standard 'ricing' that is so common among older owners of Miatas (style bars, big chrome wheels, 'euro' tail lights, etc.), but rust free, mechanically stock, etc. All I did was fix the alignment, put new fluids EVERYWHERE and toss better fitted wheels (cheap Konigs, I just needed something I knew would hold air to actually drive the car) wrapped in Dunlop Star Specs on the car.

While I was selling the car one of my best friends let me drive his AP1 S2000 with a quarter of a million miles on it, while I already disliked the Miata, that drive cemented the next major purchase in my life (well & a whole bunch of other ones as the AP1 in my sig indicates)

Originally Posted by sneefy
Yeah, I've noticed. I see it as having no filter or decorum. Printed word loses much context that is carried when in person. I'll just say that such posts often exemplify this (hopefully the language isn't against the forum rules in this context. If so, Mods, please let me know...):
1) The vegan thing just bugs me, people would prattle on endlessly about vegans endlessly talking about veganism when I was one. (I was not & am not the type to talk about such things, I'd rather talk pretty much anything else)

2) I mean no offense, so you not taking any is a good thing. :e-beer:

3) The no filter thing is accurate, I say what I mean & I'm often short with my words, so it can come off harshly. Those that know me in real life understand this & know the tone with which they would be conveyed in person.

Wow! For the first time in 10 years on this board I received a notice of an infraction due to inflammatory language.

What did I say?

If my presence on FitFreak is unwanted, I will leave.
From what mod? I see nothing in any of your posts warranting so much as a warning.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Wait, I got a warning over inappropriate language....for using the word idiot? Apparently staff got 'lots' of complaints about the post.

What?

Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Automatics Are For Girls.

I have a 2015 EX Manual and LOVE IT! Nobody bugs me to borrow my Fit.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:59 AM
Inexpensive Anti-Theft Device

Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
I have a 2015 EX Manual and LOVE IT! Nobody bugs me to borrow my Fit.
Good point.

'Was a story that reported a crazed... and unfortunately murderous... carjacker chose not to steal one older guy's car because he noticed it was equipped with an MT. He struck (rather than shot) the driver, ran off and was caught shortly thereafter.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
let me guess.. you're froggie's husband.
Sorry for taking so long to response. I dont for some reason get MANY notices of threads I am subscribed to.

For what it's worth, my question that no one responded to, that I was referring to, was asking about a site that is dedicated to manual cars in the world. I can see a site that would show models available per country. I also see it being informative in showing the percentage for each country verses the autos. Seems like there could be other info that would beneficial too.

PS Sorry but I don't know anything about froggie and the answer is nope.