Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   Tool Kits (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/92377-tool-kits.html)

Tacit Blues 01-24-2016 10:02 PM

Tool Kits

Hey all,

As I have been driving my new fit for a few weeks now, I'm trying to start building a tool kit to carry around with me. I've got a list of items I'm planning to gather (some basic hand tools, funnel, tire pressure gauge, duct tape, electrical tape, flashlight, gloves)

Just curious to see what everyone else does, not only what the items are but how you store and organize them!

atvfit16 03-07-2016 11:11 PM

Just to save some money, go to Harbor Freight for some basic tools. I have a HD Husky small socket set which has always come in handy which after extensive use, the case broke and now in a HF small tool box with socket holder, extension, ratchet, socket adapter, small hammer, pliers, flash light, flat/Phillip screw drivers and anything else you can think of.

dwtaylorpdx 03-09-2016 12:35 AM

I wrap the tools in my small tool box in shop rags, keeps them quiet and if I need the tools I have the rags.. :)

Osubeaver 03-09-2016 07:02 PM

+ for HF kit. For a mobile kit HF tools will fit the bill. They even sell canvas tool bags that would work great. They even sell a roll up tool bag that would be perfect to store your tools in.

14 Pocket Tool Roll

demouser 03-09-2016 08:06 PM

A 10mm wrench and a Phillips screwdriver and you can take half the car apart.

dwtaylorpdx 03-10-2016 01:05 AM

And a pair of 45 degree needle nose pliers to get all those Effing little plastic fasteners off..

DrewE 03-10-2016 06:36 PM

A decent tire pressure gauge is definitely worthwhile. I keep mine clipped in the little "pen holder" rubber gripper doohicky in the GE8 upper glove box. (Obviously, that only works for the pencil style of gauge.)

The other tools I regularly carry are a little 12V tire inflator, a set of jumper cables, a little flashlight, a Leatherman-style multi tool, and the lug wrench, jack, etc. that come with the car. During winter time I do keep a windshield scraper, a "giant toothbrush" sort of snow brush, and a little snow shovel in the car.

I guess there is one other tool I keep with me when I drive, arguably the most useful one of all. It's a thin plastic rectangle with writing on it. Mine says "MasterCard."

If you're going to carry Duck Tape, I'd suggest getting Gorilla tape instead. It's good stuff, very adhesive on the sticky side and never sticky on the not sticky side.

Fit Charlie 03-10-2016 10:33 PM

A real snow shovel won't fit in the back, but a mini one from the grocery store will.

kenchan 03-16-2016 11:04 AM

For me I carry a screw driver with 4 different interchangeable tips, breaker bar with a socket for the lug, adapter if necessary, air pump, jumper cables, disposable gloves, towels, flash light.

kenchan 03-16-2016 11:07 AM

In my hobby car add QD and rubbing alcohol, bag for trash. This is for bird crap emergencies