General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

pedals

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM
pedals

Is it me or is the gas pedal awkward?
I am 5'8", long torso'd... so when I have the seat adjusted to where I can push the clutch in and somewhat pointy toed, my right leg seems too long and is awkward feeling where I am holding my foot back ( If I rest it , it will pretty much floor the gas pedal ) so whats the issue with this ??? Ive owned several manuals (88 and 90 Daytonas, Suzuki Samurai to name a few ) and never had the issue like this.... only way I see comfortable is rest my foot on the center hump but that in itself is awkward when going from gas to brake and back. Is there a way to move the gas pedal back more or raise the clutch pedal????
Drove around a few hours yesterday and today and I just cant find that comfort zone with either, whats the secret?

Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
this car was designed for short people with short legs. i can never feel very comfy in the fit unless i push the seat almost all the way back.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
this car was designed for short people with short legs. i can never feel very comfy in the fit unless i push the seat almost all the way back.
Those squinty people....lol
My seat isn't all the way back, but if so the gas pedal feels good but then I can disengage the clutch properly.... Trying to find that happy medium?
It seems if the seat was higher it would be fine but they are really low as well... and this is the only complaint I have with the car so far.

**update** I moved the seat back 1 notch and gas pedal feels better but not 100% yet the clutch is a reach to fully disengage...hmmm ?

Last edited by Sono; 05-27-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
maybe get a sparco (or your favorite brand) pedal cover and stack one over your clutch pedal? should give you a nice 7-8mm of reach.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:46 PM
maybe get a sparco (or your favorite brand) pedal cover and stack one over your clutch pedal? should give you a nice 7-8mm of reach.
Ill try anything that's safe.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Id actually be happy if I can get the gas pedal further away...lol

Old 05-29-2017, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sono
Ill try anything that's safe.
oh, it's safe. most aftermarket pedal covers come with 4 claws with screws you tighten over the stock pedals. it just clamps to the factory pedal in the back, unless you screw them on directly to the factory pedals.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
^^
Had these cheap pedal covers in my car once (a while ago). Removed them the day my shoe lace got stock in one of the clamp and I could not remove my foot from the gas pedal.
IMO, these are not safe!

Old 05-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Frenzal
^^
Had these cheap pedal covers in my car once (a while ago). Removed them the day my shoe lace got stock in one of the clamp and I could not remove my foot from the gas pedal.
IMO, these are not safe!
Guess you had some really long laces and big bows on your shoes?
I'm picturing them dragging on the ground behind you, Just wondering how they snagged on the back of a pedal besides lack of gravity?

Old 05-30-2017, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I had long laces on that pair of shoes...
Don't know how it happened, but it was kind of freaky!

No more pedal covers for me, except quality ones held on by rivets or screws!

Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Frenzal
Yeah, I had long laces on that pair of shoes...
Don't know how it happened, but it was kind of freaky!

No more pedal covers for me, except quality ones held on by rivets or screws!
or just shorter laces? I had a pair of work boots, first time driving my manual with them on and somehow slipped off the pedal and got wedged between the brake and gas... Yeah , that was a fight in itself especially in the winter wearing a full Heavy Duty Carhart Coveralls.... after that I started changing at work.

The Fit, the pedals are real close, I'm constantly hitting the gas with the brakes, so eventually Ill find that comfort zone I hope.