What do you wish you knew about your Fit before you bought it? - Page 3 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > General Fit Talk
Reload this Page >

What do you wish you knew about your Fit before you bought it?

General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you wish you knew about your Fit before you bought it?

Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 AM
have a 15EX MT, wish I'd have known to just be patient and wait for the 2018 sport lol

Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Farrago View Post
I knew about most of the problems and issues before I bought my 2017 EX. The thin paint worries me. Carbon build up is the biggest issue. I'll probably run higher octane and some injector cleaner starting with the next oil change. I've only racked up 3500 miles on the car so far.
I had a curious dream last night. I broke the turn signal wand in half, and at the same moment the driver's airbag cover came off the steering wheel. Worse yet, the dealer wouldn't honor the warranty and wanted to charge me $$$.
I hope this isn't a bad portent.
i've got a little over 4000 miles on my '19 LX , i added a few after market chassis braces to the car , does wonders for the car , it's very stable at high speeds and that's with 185 tires .
i like the car alot , but the car does seem built on the cheap in some respects . i've never seen such flimsey looking suspension pieces on a honda , was surprised . and the paint does
seem a little thin , i've got the modern metal color and it already is showing some light scratches . maybe i should have gotten the silver

Old 11-29-2018, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
I wish someone would've told me it would turn my white shoes black.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 PM
I wish I knew that the battery would not do well in a Canadian winter. Died in the cold about once a week. Iíll look into upgrading the battery for next year.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 PM
Definitely upgrade to a 51R and be done with the dead battery!

Glad I did!

Old 03-15-2019, 01:01 PM
There isn't any "wish I knew" information that would have changed my decision to buy the car. However, generally speaking, Honda quality has gone down in the last ten years. In the pursuit of market share and God knows what else, Honda has lost its soul and forgotten who they are. I hope they find their way home and go back to being the best carmaker in the world*. Specifically, the bad seats in my '13 Fit and the bad lumbar discs in my lower back are making the car difficult to enjoy. Feels like I'm sitting with my butt in a four gallon bucket.

*This probably won't happen since Millennials and Gen Z don't car about cars. They prefer to be self-driven or Uber or skateboard to work.