General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Guess How I Learned My Fit Model Doesn't Have A Spare...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
In the LONG list of reasons why I wouldn't own a Tesla...they have no spare tire, no place to put a spare tire, and do not come with run flat tires.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, I have compact spare here off my daughters 2011 Fit that she totaled a year ago. I saved it because I knew someone from Canada would need one. The problem is where are you in Ontario? Ontario is a big Province. Depending on where you are, I might be able to get it transported to you. I have a friend passing through here in a motorhome on a trip from BC to somewhere in Ontario. She is going to a wedding but I'm not sure where. Get back to me ASAP and mean time I'll see where she is right now. 2 days ago she was in Wisconsin headed east.

UPDATE: She has already passed through the area so that method of free transport will not work. I'm headed to Canada in August. Unfortunately I'm headed to Manitoba and points west.

So if you are interested, I have a Fit compact spare here in NW Indiana near Chicago. You will have to figure out the transportation issue.

Last edited by n9cv; 06-25-2018 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
In the LONG list of reasons why I wouldn't own a Tesla...they have no spare tire, no place to put a spare tire, and do not come with run flat tires.
I've put windshields in 2 Tesla's in the last month and both were on run flats. Since neither was old enough to have needed a set of tires I'm going to assume they came on the car. There;s also a guy a few miles from me that rebuilds wrecked Tesla's exclusively and I have never seen one on his lot with a flat and have seen several hit directly in a wheel area. May be just odd chance but I'm saying every one I've been close to I believe does have run flats.........

but if you really want a reason to dislike them put a windshield in an X.

Last edited by luckystiff; 06-24-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Our 2013 Fit Sport (USA) came with a spare tire and it was one of the reasons I chose the Fit instead of the Kia Soul which had only a can of fix-a-flat.

I'll bet very few car buyers research this detail beforehand, but to be fair, I'd bet that fewer and fewer owners would even think of changing a tire themselves these days.

Last edited by Alco RS-1; 06-24-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by luckystiff
both were on run flats.
Interesting! Maybe it's different depending on model, year, etc. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
batteries on the tesla is under the floor board.. but might be too heavy for a cheapo scissors jack? not sure

Old 06-25-2018, 06:46 AM
I was watching Doug DeMuro's overview of the Bugatti Chiron, and in the frunk it has a cute little case that you open up and inside is......... an aerosol inflator kit. Hahaha. It also has a random plate bolted in the middle of the frunk that cuts the storage space in 2. They did that to get around the federal mandate that if a storage area is bigger than a certain size, it has to have a way to open from the inside. The US chiron also has these hideous black plastic pieces bolted onto the rear bumper to make it pass the 5mph pedestrian impact test.

Sorry, off topic, but basically you don't get a spare in a $3 million car either.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Many cars today have run-flat tires and no provision to store a spare at all. The inflator kit and regular tires in the Great White North is a bit lame. In the same class as the Fit is the Mini. Run-flats, in the USA at least. Problem with them is expense and poor ride. My sister's RAV4 "Sport" has run-flats, expensive. I'm glad I have at least a temporary spare. BTW, at least here in Los Angeles, I see a lot of beater cars driving on a full set of temp spares!