General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does 2013 Fit LX 5-door have pouch behind passenger front seat?

Old 04-15-2018, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Does 2013 Fit LX 5-door have pouch behind passenger front seat?

I recently got my car back after extensive flood remediation. The seats were removed, rug replaced, and electrical system replaced. Most things seem fine except when I put stuff back into the car, there seems to be a storage pouch missing behind the passenger front seat. Since the remediation took almost 1.5 months (I actually forgot how to drive stick in that time), and I've owned other cars before, I can't be quite sure whether the pouch was there before. However, I'm somewhat certain that the thing I was putting back belonged in a pouch back there (not that it matters, but it is a folded reflective foil-lined blanket for emergencies).

Can anyone please confirm whether the subject car model has a storage pouch behind the front passenger seat? In case it matters, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Last edited by TommyMadison; 04-15-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:14 AM
howdee - not sure if ive got exact-same model, but yes mine has said pouch... we keep a crossword-puzzle-book in there and am reaching back for it every day... technically, mines an automatic - but about as basic as they come (2013-model)... hth, h.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, hfelton. It makes me think that I should in inquire about what happened to my pouch. There are possible explanations, of course. For example, what if the presence of a pouch in a 2013 Fit depends on the country and state/province?

One thing that puzzles me is how the pouch can just disappear, unless it's not the same seat as in my original Fit. My gut feel is that there's not much basis for suspecting that it's a different seat. So there must be another explanation. What if the pouch is detachable, and they simply forgot to put back on? That speculation is a bit of a stretch, since I don't see any on the seat that can serve as anchoring points for a detachable pouch.

Is it obvious from your Fit whether the pouch is detachable, from observation? Would you be able to post a smartphone picture of the pouch and/or anchoring points?

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:51 PM
assuming this works, heres the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/vbbHcoQLgBo1IrT52 - and yes, i was quite weirded out when i first noticed that there was ONLY a pouch on the passenger-seat... im 90% certain that this is the way-it-came (second owner, only 25k miles on mine) from the factory... hth, h.

eta: ok, the photo works for me - let me know if it doesnt work for you... i will now have to go back outside to see about answering your attachment-type questions...

eta2: ok, i took a couple more pics, but the semi-bottom-line (i think) is that it IS sewn-in although the whole cover is zipped onto the seat (afaict)... and if i had-to-guess the reason the drivers-side does NOT have a pouch is because the armrest is often installed on only that side... thus, they probably just replaced (new zipper/put-in) your two covers with equivalent drivers-sides-covers...

hth, h.

eta3 - pass: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qoMmAKyi6UbLkwxD2 and driv: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MJHOdrMsqHTSzfIw2 - and i think they are closer-in-color in real-life but i dont know cuz i have seatcovers on full-time and these photos were taken at dusk... :-/

eta4 - urp - not a zipper ? sewing that looks/feels kinda like a zipper i guess... lol...

Last edited by hfelton; 04-18-2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: details...
Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Just out of curiosity ... what are you going to do if you establish you're missing a pouch?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
@hfelton: Thanks for those photos. I didn't realize that posting was new territory for you, and I very much appreciate that. When I use my Windows 7 laptop, there's actually a button that lets me insert pictures in my reply. Maybe this can help in the future.

So the seats are snugly covered with a zippered cover. I have the same (photos below), and I also have an arm rest on the driver seat. It gets in the way more than anything else, but I think that my photos show that the pouch and the arm rest should not interfere with each other. So there must be another reason why the driver side doesn't have a pouch. As you can see from my photos, I have no pouch on either seat.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:43 AM
youre welcome - yeah, i often wondered why thered only be a pouch on the passenger seat - no clues... whatev, and as the other-dude said - what can/will you do ? as far as photos go - i took them but dont login to fitfreak... anyways - your replacements look fine... hth, h.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
@fujisawa, @hfelton: If they ordered the wrong seat covers, I'll ask for the proper one with the pouch. That's why I wanted to check if I was suppose to have a pouch.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
I also have the '13 MT Fit LX and live in ON, Canada.
It's the Made In China version (based on VIN) and I believe all Canadian Fits from this year were MIC.
I bought mine used in '15 with under 40K km on it and it did NOT have a pouch on either the driver or front passenger seat. I also have the fabric seats in grey colour (same as yours) and my stick shifts has the same design (golf ball appearance).

The LX trim in Canada is only one step above the Base trim, and the only extras that it had over the base model were:
* AC
* Bluetooth
* hatch spoiler lip
* cruise control
* NO leather, NO fog lights, NO USB port, NO alloy rims, NO kangaroo pouches, etc.

I'm going to wildly speculate and theorize that your emergency blanket was hidden in the "secret" storage compartment under the rear seat bench. The "secret" stash compartment that requires you lift the rear seat bench behind the driver is a compartment normally reserved for dried herbs/mushrooms & such.
Also speculating even further, in that 1.5 months while your car was in the shop, and while winter was still in full blast over here, I believe you had treated yourself with copious amounts of herbal medicine and while forgetting to drive stick shift, you had also forgotten other minor details about your Fit.

Hope my feedback helps your quest for this elusive mystery...

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 04-24-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: *
Old 04-24-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm naturally in a psychadelic state and don't need substances to attain that state. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the secret compartment, since I've never hear of what you described. What you say is a bit perplexing, since someone at https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...nger-seat.html provided a link to an emunds site that shows the MT2013 Fit LX having front seatback pouches. But he does caveat that by saying that he doesn't know how accurate that site is.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:23 AM
well, i noticed the anti-pouch q.-thread but thought id post the following info here...

google said that i could order-stuff exactly-for-my-car by using: https://estore.honda.com/honda/parts...ehicle-vin.asp and they would deliver it to my dealer for installation... so... after typing in my vin (from insurance-card) i got a general-screen of info (apparently mine was from the japan-factory, and is a 49-state version) - and all this info jives with what i vaguely-remember when purchasing it... in particular, i thought it was a bit odd for my situation (50th-state, calif, only second-owner on record, minimal-mileage)... anyways - opening up a second-tab with the CONTINUE-button, i went to the bottom-left and chose INTERIOR/BUMPER to get to another submenu where i chose FRONT-SEAT-COMPONENTS (L.)-(KA/KC) and (R.)-(KA/KC)

from here, altho the major-part-number and cost looks the same (NH7471 and $644.55) for both L. and R. - the exact-part-number and description are a bit different... in particular, my description for R. adds a (0pds) after the (Side Airbag) parenthetical - and the exact-part-number starts 04815...(L.) and 04811...(R.) with both being the color Kirabi-Gray...

bottom-line, id say, is to pull up your VIN number on that honda-parts website and see what shows up for your car... hth, h.

btw - the compartment andrei is mentioning is kinda subtle iirc (and is found by lifting-up your (left?) rear-seat-BOTTOM and checking for a secret-slot to put things... gl... :-)

Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
i have the 13 base model and it has the pocket on the back of the passenger side. So did the last one i had.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
@mike92615: Thanks for that data point.

@hfelton: Wow. Great parts site. Unfortunately, I can't use it right now. "Currently we are unable to process your VIN number. Please use our model chooser and continue the shopping process." I used the "model chooser" to navigate to the 2013 Fit MT, and found that it was made at a "Sayama Plant". I went to "Bumper/Interior" and looked at both "front seat (r.) (ka/kc)" and "front seat components (r.) (ka/kc)". Both of them seem to show mechanical parts rather than seat covers.

I think I'm stuck rolling with the current situation.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by TommyMadison
Both of them seem to show mechanical parts rather than seat covers.
sigh... item-1 literally says: Cover Set, R. Trim *Nh747l* (Side Airbag)(Opds)

but then again, i did not realize that there were NOT any other options on that website besides the Sayama-Plant for 2013-Fits... thus, i am assuming that the VIN-lookup is just a quick-way to get to the correct model/version for your vehicle... in your-case MT rather than MT-Sport... whatev... gl, h.

eta - maybe Opds stands for Optional-data-storage (ie: pocket)...

Last edited by hfelton; 04-28-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Oops. I was looking at the left one by mistake. Thanks for kindly pointing that out. Based on looking at the wrong page, I concluded that "cover" generally meant a plastic cover over some mechanical assembly. I'm not sure if it would have been clearer to me even if I was looking at the right page, not knowing what "opds" meant (until now). You must work in the industry, as you had an inkling of what "opds" might signify, and hence how to interpret the item description.

Oddly, there are only choices for "Fit" and "Sport". No distinction between "DX" and "LX". I don't know whether my LX model overlaps more with the "Sport" page or the "Fit" page.

More confusingly, I saw a Fit this week that looked *exactly* like mine (rear fin, blue). I don't recall checking whether it was MT, and I don't know what the official year was. But it had no seat back pouch at all. Talk about confusing the picture with conflicting information. I'll point out your web page to the Honda guys when I visit to tie up loose ends. They said that they didn't replace the seat covers in the remediation work, so I'll roll with however they decide to proceed, including not doing anything.

Last edited by TommyMadison; 04-29-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TommyMadison
I'm naturally in a psychadelic state and don't need substances to attain that state. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the secret compartment, since I've never hear of what you described. What you say is a bit perplexing, since someone at https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...nger-seat.html provided a link to an emunds site that shows the MT2013 Fit LX having front seatback pouches. But he does caveat that by saying that he doesn't know how accurate that site is.
Here's a picture I've found on Google of that 'secret' rear seat compartment for all the psychedelic substances & other herbal remedies one may need on hand.

I'm a nerd & keep my owner's manual in there.

When you look at your VIN number if it starts with "J" then it was made in Japan.
If the VIN starts with "L" then it was made in China.
I thought that ALL Canadian 2nd gen (GE-8) Fits were from China as of 2012.
I shared with you my example of a Canadian '13 Fit MT LX (made in China) that doesn't have that seat pouch, as I believed your car was same as mine.

If yours is a Japan model, then it might have had the seat pouch, same as many of our American neighbours are claiming to have on their Fits.

Website like Edmunds and others may not have 100% accurate info and also they won't differentiate between the features offered on the American market vs Canadian one. Any time they will mention trims, it will always be the US ones, and sometimes the Canadian trims for the same make, model, year are different than US ones.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 05-02-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Andrei_ierdnA
When you look at your VIN number if it starts with "J" then it was made in Japan.
If the VIN starts with "L" then it was made in China.
I thought that ALL Canadian 2nd gen (GE-8) Fits were from China as of 2012.
wow - i had no idea... so mine starts JHMGE8... - meaning japan... yalls start with L--GE8... ???

have fun, h.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
OFF TOPIC:

Yes - the American market received Japanese made Fits for their 2nd gen.
Only Canada got the Chinese ones and I believe only in 2012-2014.

I'm not all that concerned with Made In China (MIC) products. Sure they can make some very low quality products for dollar stores because we all want to pay the lowest prices possible on stuff. However many great quality products have been MIC for years and haven't had any issues (ie. cellphones, computers, etc).

Even a car that was Made in 'Merica will likely still have at least a dozen electrical components from China and some from Mexico. We live in a global market and the place of origin isn't always a good indication of quality.

Japan hasn't always had top notch quality in all their products. Just look at the 1st gen Fits that had poor quality control in Japan that allowed crappy weatherstripping which leaked rain water in the cabin and hatch.

I trust my Chinese made Fit over an American/Mexican made Fiesta & Focus or German/Mexican made Golf and I'm confident in having better reliability long term and a lower cost of ownership.

PS:
My Fit is approach 5 years and 100 K km (60 K miles) and other than oil changes, air filters, tires and wiper blades it hasn't required anything else. It still doesn't need new brake pads or a new battery yet, even after some rough winters and it being an outside car.
Sure the exterior paint sucks, but whatever - nothing is perfect.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 05-03-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
My Canadian 2013 M/T Fit Sport has the pouch behind the seat

Old 05-01-2018, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
@Andrei: I for one appreciate nerdiness. Thanks for the info on place of origin. And since mine starts with "L", thanks also for sharing your assurance that it isn't necessarily an indicaton of poor quality. As for the secret rear seat compartment -- isn't it odd? Hoodathunk. Because of the storage nooks on the door, I will probably never use the secret compartment, but it's better to have it than not.

@cartoman: Thanks fo sharing info on your Fit. Mine's is not a Sport model.