Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   2019 Honda Fit Turbo (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/98313-2019-honda-fit-turbo.html)

Myxalplyx 06-10-2018 07:13 AM

2019 Honda Fit Turbo

2019 Honda Fit Turbo

"The base model of the 2019 Honda Fit is more than likely going to come equipped with the same 1.5 liter naturally aspirated mill as before. With around 130 horsepower and 114 lb-ft of torque this will give just enough performance to make most of its buyers happy. However, for those looking for more it seems like Honda will release a second engine choice. This should be their all new 1.0 liter turbo-three unit which is known to make anything between 110 and 130 horsepower and up to 140 lb-ft of torque. While it will still be similar to the larger engine, it should provide better fuel efficiency as well as a more relaxed driving experience thanks to the extra torque. An automatic is also a possibility. However, Honda didn’t really say much about it and it looks like they will only announce it closer to the car’s release date."

Facebook Post

Autoguide
"A Japanese publication has rendered what it believes the 2019 Honda Fit will look like, gaining similar styling elements found in newer Honda models. It also reported that the fourth-generation Honda Fit will likely be outfitted with a 1.0-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine, which could be sourced from the European Civic sporting 127 horsepower. Another possibility is a hybrid variant sporting a 1.5-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder engine paired with the Japanese automaker’s i-MMD system.

The magazine also believes that the new Honda Fit will lose around 66 pounds from its weight. As for its design, the front end resembles the new Civic, which isn’t a surprise, as Honda is working on standardizing its design language across the lineup. The “Solid Wing Face” can be seen with a silver element on the front grille and sharper LED headlights. Minor changes can be seen on the front bumper as well.

The third-generation Honda Fit was introduced as a 2015 model year, so it’s also a possibility that Honda will give the model a facelift rather than a whole new generation come 2019.

How come I'm not seeing much mentioned about it here? I may have missed it since I haven't been on the boards a lot lately as I have traded my Fit in, in November of last year. I'll definitely be coming back early next year if/when this arrives, IF it still has the CVT transmission and it doesn't do the fake shifting like my current 2018 Civic turbo.

Action Jackson 06-10-2018 07:47 AM

This is the first that I've heard about this. A bump in torque is good, but would need to see dyno graphs for usable power range.

On a side note, 410 whp sounds good, but I doubt it's a daily driver:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/9-mod...debut-at-sema/

kenchan 06-10-2018 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1402390)

"he base model of the 2019 Honda Fit is more than likely going to come equipped with the same 1.5 liter naturally aspirated mill as before. With around 130 horsepower and 114 lb-ft of torque this will give just enough performance to make most of its buyers happy. However, for those looking for more it seems like Honda will release a second engine choice. This should be their all new 1.0 liter turbo-three unit which is known to make anything between 110 and 130 horsepower and up to 140 lb-ft of torque.

lame.

i suppose their sport hatch is their civic hatch or their type-r. oh well too bad. looks like my GK is my last Fit.

kenchan 06-10-2018 08:55 AM

btw, thanks for the post Myxalplyx!

Myxalplyx 06-10-2018 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1402395)
btw, thanks for the post Myxalplyx!

Anytime!

This having the same horsepower the current Fit was disappointing to me at first. Then I thought about it's potential. I am going to stop here. I've already got plans for this and will adopt what I've learned from my old Fit and my current Civic turbo. I CAN'T WAIT! :nod::vtec:

I'm betting the new turbo will make between 116-120hp (174-180hp *New 1.5ltr Civic turbo* /3 X 2). Since this is 2/3 of the displacement, it should be 2/3 of the hp.

kenchan 06-10-2018 09:57 AM

yah, i can see that they have detuned the engine on purpose in factory form for their safety margin. with the right tune, i think you can expect a good 30% increase in power. that has been the case on my STI, GTI, and Golf-R. all of them are like holy crap night/day difference in power after their tunes. :nod:

GAFIT 06-10-2018 11:21 AM

You had me all excited! I was hoping it was going to say the Fit would get the 1.5t as an option. Without that motor, this household is out on a new Fit.

Maybe we are in the minority, but I think a 1.5t 6-speed manual Fit would sell well.

kenchan 06-10-2018 11:51 AM

id get one. 1.5t, LSD, 6MT. that is a winning combination right there for a sports hatch.

fujisawa 06-10-2018 01:47 PM

People are missing the key thing. Torque! Same hp but 140lb ft. Even in stock form that is a big bump up!

And then consider hondata have been able to drastically improve the civic turbo, and ktuner has had some success even on the non turbo Fit. Consider another $800 on top of a turbo Fit and it starts to look quite awesome.

That said. Honda goes for five year model refreshes. The odds of them re redesigning the model is low. Slightly better odds they add an engine option to stay competitive, and this would be a good base engine for the civic too, but not great.

Myxalplyx 06-11-2018 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by fujisawa (Post 1402422)
People are missing the key thing. Torque! Same hp but 140lb ft. Even in stock form that is a big bump up!

Been digging around for more information on torque figures. According to this article ~~> Honda Civic Turbo Article

"Thanks to the tiny turbo, it makes a useful 200Nm of torque too (30Nm more in this manual version than in the optional CVT automatic) so there's good low-down lug, a pleasant mixture of three-cylinder warble and quiet cruising."

Using a NM to Torque converter, the manual makes 147tq while the CVT version makes 125tq. Just posting this as a reference for later. I know most if not all enthusiasts prefer the manual though and that's a big plus for them. I'm just hp focused since I prefer CVT.

Also, I've contacted Ktuner about this. There is a possibility that the ECU may be a Bosch unit. If that is the case, it may not be an option to tune it. Maybe! Will see though. Stay tuned...(Pun intended).

GAFIT 06-11-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1402500)
Also, I've contacted Ktuner about this. There is a possibility that the ECU may be a Bosch unit. If that is the case, it may not be an option to tune it. Maybe! Will see though. Stay tuned...(Pun intended).

Thanks for all your efforts!

If it's a Bosch unit, there will still be an option to tune it provided there's enough interest. The Type R is a Bosch and can be tuned after being sent in to be unlocked. Hassle for sure, but still possible.

Honda going to Bosch for the Type R is, IMO, a sign of their inability to keep with the times. Ford didn't need Bosch for the GT, GM didn't need Bosch for the ZR1. Honda is just not the technologically advanced company that they once were.

kenchan 06-11-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by GAFIT (Post 1402503)
Honda going to Bosch for the Type R is, IMO, a sign of their inability to keep with the times. Ford didn't need Bosch for the GT, GM didn't need Bosch for the ZR1. Honda is just not the technologically advanced company that they once were.

i think their modern f1 engines speak for demselves. lol

GAFIT 06-11-2018 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1402505)
i think their modern f1 engines speak for demselves. lol

That is a VERY good point! Maybe there's some kind of disconnect between their passenger vehicle department and their racing program? F1, HondaJet, Asimo...

Maybe they are still King at tech, but don't use it on the street?

kenchan 06-11-2018 07:57 PM

well the last time i saw their F1 engines with mclaren, it was a disaster.. not dat renault is doing dat much better from wat i heard yesterday...

evilchargerfan 06-12-2018 12:15 PM

what are the chances this rumor, would actually one day become a production vehicle? the tq increase alone, makes me want one

GAFIT 06-12-2018 12:34 PM

I think the likelihood is very good given that the industry as a whole has either gone that direction or is headed in that direction.

Small displacement turbo motors are the future for gasoline and diesel. Until they are eventually phased out all together.

kenchan 06-12-2018 01:14 PM

honda made a deal with hitachi to make more hybrids motors. kinda going in two different directions. or two parallel offerings which could be a good thing.

Myxalplyx 06-13-2018 03:58 AM

It looks like BR-Performance was able to tune the stock ECU of the 1.0ltr engine for an additional 21hp.

I am reaching out to them in advance in case no-one will be tuning it in the U.S.
BR-Performance

Just a heads up! :nod:

Myxalplyx 06-13-2018 04:06 AM

And another option....with similar results.

MyChipTuning

Their stage 1 makes the same hp amount (+21hp) and more torque. It appears they are working on a stage 2.

kenchan 06-13-2018 08:28 AM

yah, more torque is all good. :nod: