General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

"Best" windshield shade for Honda Fit 2013?

Old 08-23-2018, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
fitchet said: "you can buy the sun shield with the cast of 1977 Star Wars in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon on it"

The certainly does not help make the car cool.

Last edited by TommyMadison; 08-23-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goobers
they be extra jumbo...

I have a set from walmart (and they call it "super jumbo").
^^^^^ this dude is correct!!!!
Because they are so "jumbo" i use mine as follows
one in the front windshield, and one on the side of the drivers seat a i close the door so it protects the seat from the sun, yeay the fit still gets hot well "because sun" but the seat and steering wheel don't have direct sunlight and are not overly hot when i get in and sit down for the commute

Old 08-23-2018, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
@eulogy: I ordered your suggested shade from amazon.ca:
Amazon Amazon

I did so after watching a video of how cool it collapses (one of the image links at
Amazon Amazon
)

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I use the super jumbo shade as well in both the '07 and the '15. I also leave the windows open about an inch or so (have the window rain guards/deflectors/whatever you want to call them) and if I know there won't be any rain I leave the sunroof on the '15 cracked open. Of course, this is only at work since I can constantly see my car and don't have to worry about people trying to reach in.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by TommyMadison
@eulogy: I ordered your suggested shade from amazon.ca: http://www.amazon.ca/Custom-Accessor.../dp/B000H9OA6Y

I did so after watching a video of how cool it collapses (one of the image links at http://www.amazon.ca/Basix-Magic-Sha.../dp/B000G72UOQ)

Thanks!
nice...im sure itll work out!

Old 08-23-2018, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
fitchet said: "you can buy the sun shield with the cast of 1977 Star Wars in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon on it"

The certainly does not help make the car cool.
It does if you are in the parking lot for Comic-Con.
Otherwise? No not so much.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
@vtecfit1: Using only one half of the duo on the front windshield -- wouldn't that leave a huge section of the windshield unblocked?

@domoMKIV: Yeah, opening the windows a crack makes a big difference. I don't have window guards, so I check the weather before using this trick. If it's going to rain, it's usually not that sunny anyway.

@eulogy: Yeah, I decided that it was foolish "researching" for the "best" option when amazon's filter by car doesn't seem to work so well. Your testimony is way better info.

@fitchet: Outside Comic-Con, a windshield shade with the 1977 Star Wars cast would certainly bring a grin to the faces of...people of that generation.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
@eulogy: I ordered your suggested shade from amazon.ca: http://www.amazon.ca/Custom-Accessor.../dp/B000H9OA6Y

I did so after watching a video of how cool it collapses (one of the image links at http://www.amazon.ca/Basix-Magic-Sha.../dp/B000G72UOQ)

Thanks!
The only problem, which I found out when I bought another set for the SUV I was borrowing... if the wires inside twist around a little when its supposed to be straight, it won't fold up. It just fights you until you straighten out the wire inside.

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
^^^^^ this dude is correct!!!!
Because they are so "jumbo" i use mine as follows
one in the front windshield, and one on the side of the drivers seat a i close the door so it protects the seat from the sun, yeay the fit still gets hot well "because sun" but the seat and steering wheel don't have direct sunlight and are not overly hot when i get in and sit down for the commute
Oh, nice idea.

Man, I keep wanting to do another road trip and also visit tracks along the way... though, I'd be trailing everyone around the course, trying not to spin out like last time. >.<

Last edited by Goobers; 08-24-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, fighting twisty wires....ah well. not the end of the world. If it happens, I'll continue my search for an accordian sun shade that doesn't shed.

*** sigh ***

Still thinking about the detailing ahead of me, and the fact that *all* *options* in bricks and mortar stores have that cr@ppy J-cloth trim. What could they possibly have been thinking. But the answer is clear. The stores aren't responsible. It's the OEM, likely the same one for all the various barndnames, and they are overseas. Untouchable. Laughing all the way to the bank after dust bombing almost every car in the continent (and probably beyond)

Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, nice idea.

Man, I keep wanting to do another road trip and also visit tracks along the way... though, I'd be trailing everyone around the course, trying not to spin out like last time. >.<[/QUOTE]

DUDE YOU TOTALLY SHOULD - IF YOU GET OVER THIS WAY I HAVE A EXTRA ROOM YOU CAN CRASH IN FOR A FEW DAYS - FREE OF CHARGE - LAST TIME YOU JUST BLEW THRU UTAH AND WE HAVE SO MUCH HERE TO SEE

Old 08-30-2018, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered the largest size (31-1/2-Inches x 38-Inches) from
Amazon Amazon
. It covers the entire windshield:

It's not as shiny and reflective as the accordion reflectors, at least in the visible spectrum.

I have two questions, hoping someone can advise:

(1) As shown, the sheet seems to droop downward/inward. Most of the photos I see don't have this. How do people avoid the drooping, which I expect to worsen with age?

(2) If have to position the sheet so that it is under the rear view mirror. If I want to push the sheet right up against the glass, then I have to shift it aside because of the presence of the mirror. In that case, the edges extend beyond the edge of the front windshield, and I have to bend them. I imagine that the wire frame will lose it's two-dimensional flatness with time, so that it's not as compact when folded. How do people deal with the mirror?

Thanks.

Last edited by TommyMadison; 08-30-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:55 PM
its fine. i put mine behind the mirror just like u .these things usually last me about 4 years or so with daily use. theyre inexpensive...if it lasts 1 year for $15 its done its job in my book.

just tuck the edges of rhe sunshade into the crack of the pillars after you put the visors down on it. if u wanna go max coverage...but i doubt having 1 inch of exposed Window is going to make or break anything....we're just tryin to keep a bit of direct sunlight out...not zombies.

Last edited by eulogy; 08-30-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
I wasn't worried about exposed window. As someone said here, there are other uncovered windows all around the car. Just trying to avoid avoid the drooping because it seems flimsy compared to the accordion reflector. But I will look more closely at the pillar for cracks that I can slip the edge of the shade into. Maybe that will get rid of the droopiness.

Thanks!