Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General Fit Talk (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/)
-   -   2020 Honda Fit/Jazz Spied For The First Time In Europe (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/99109-2020-honda-fit-jazz-spied-first-time-europe.html)

marklj 09-26-2018 03:27 PM

2020 Honda Fit/Jazz Spied For The First Time In Europe

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...02a032dd82.jpg

As reports have it, when the new Fit/Jazz debuts sometime in 2020, it will feature both gasoline engines and hybrid options. Sources from Japan claim the new Jazz Hybrid will get the same powertrain from the new Insight. There will also be an all-electric Jazz sitting at the top of the range.

A Nikkei report from earlier this year said the upcoming Fit EV would cost approximately $18,000 and would feature a small battery enabling a driving range of around 300 km (186 miles). The model will debut in China in the first half of 2020 but details about its availability in the United States and Europe remain scarce for now.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/20...ed-first-time/

knope 09-27-2018 07:59 AM

...lol i hope not.

julianachos 09-28-2018 09:17 AM

Lack of a 3/4 rear window bugs me, but then again it wouldn't do any difference with visibility...

mwoodski 09-28-2018 09:58 AM

I like the shape better than the GK already.

I hope we get the Hybrid variant here in the US as well, even though I'm doubtful.

GAFIT 09-28-2018 11:29 AM

It looks like it won't have the mile high GK taillights. That would be a big plus in my book. Overall, it looks less like a micro-van maybe? That would also be good.

Drivetrain options will be the big question. A 6-speed manual with proper gearing would be a huge step up.

fitchet 09-28-2018 12:58 PM

I'm not going to really comment on any direction as far as styling ques based on that picture. I mean who knows?

Rumors about the EV Fit, a Hybrid Fit...are more interesting because I think it reveals the direction Honda wants to take the model line. From Gen 2-Gen 3, I think we saw a necessary raising of the bar, in terms of available technology, amenities, and a homogenization in search of more comfort.

An $18000 EV, a Hybrid, would suggest to me the priority with the entire line is heading towards fuel efficiency, green cred, And perhaps away from standards of comfort and performance as top priority.

mwoodski 09-28-2018 04:11 PM

I mean it's always been an efficient small car.

Hell, they've offered Hybrid variants in FWD and AWD in Japan for ages.

fitchet 09-29-2018 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by mwoodski (Post 1414059)
I mean it's always been an efficient small car.

Hell, they've offered Hybrid variants in FWD and AWD in Japan for ages.

This ain't Japan.

Farrago 09-29-2018 06:50 AM

Let the speculation begin!
It looks like this new iteration is getting close to production. Will there be a release in Fall 2019? If so, will the rollout be world wide,or will it start in Japan before other countries see the new model?
BTW, FitFreak scooped Temple of VTEC on this news.

carboy 09-30-2018 02:48 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...d9d869f763.jpg
I tried to enhance some of the lines to get a better idea of the shape. Looks like they are going with a smoother/rounded design. Interesting bulge at the rear doors. Side mirrors lowered like current gen to enhance visibility(?), wish it was straight like 1st and 2nd gen. Wonder if we will get a regular gasoline vtec engine this time around or perhaps another ED type. Exterior looks complete so hope to get more pictures in the near future.

carboy 01-22-2019 09:01 AM

Has anyone gathered any more info on the 2020 Fit? Looks like historically they debut around June or July? It looks road ready in the camouflage photos. With the new trade agreement I heard that it's possible production could move back to Japan.

Jorge Gomez 02-01-2019 10:14 PM

looks like a toyota yaris to me.

Fitforsale 02-09-2019 10:45 AM

Hope they won't mess up the front.

jayson 08-15-2019 09:51 PM

There are rumours swirling around online that the 2020 Fit will not be offered in the USA. Has anyone heard anything counter to this?

tablecat 08-18-2019 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by jayson (Post 1434260)
There are rumours swirling around online that the 2020 Fit will not be offered in the USA. Has anyone heard anything counter to this?

I've only heard that rumor here. So I guess I can spread a counter rumor here as well!:wiggle:

jayson 08-19-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by tablecat (Post 1434347)
I've only heard that rumor here. So I guess I can spread a counter rumor here as well!:wiggle:

A few media outlets have reported on it as well.

n9cv 08-19-2019 03:31 PM

First, when we were looking for a used replacement for our Fit. We restricted our looking to 2016 because they were made in Japan rather that Mexico.

All imports from non-NAFA countries are scanned for radiation. Which means your Japanese built car was scanned at port of entry while while your Mexican built ones are not. Also various agencies, primarily state police or highway patrol, scan vehicles moving down the road. A couple of years ago the Illinois state police got a hit on a US semi-trailer in motion on the Illinois toll road. The police impounded the trailer. Further investigation found very low level radiation form Mexican manufactured table legs. The steel source was recycled scrap and one of the things in the scrap was an old medical machine used in nuclear medicine. So that minute amount inside a steel trailer was detectable by a police car sitting beside the road on I-294.

quit worrying about Japanese radiation.

tablecat 08-19-2019 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jayson (Post 1434416)
A few media outlets have reported on it as well.

Links? I've only see the same ol' "here's some spy shot reposts"

Jazu 08-20-2019 08:20 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t offer the Fit in the US. Dealers weren’t able to order Any more 2019 Fit in MT and told me the MT option wasn’t on their preorder for 2020.

compact cars are not selling well and the margins are lower. I had to convince my salespeople that I did not want an HRV when I came in for a scheduled test drive in the Fit LX. They even had an HRV waiting for me.

elkaku 08-20-2019 02:38 PM

Isn't this the Honda Brio?