Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   General For Sale Section (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-sale-section/)
-   -   FS - 1993 Mustang LX 2.3L in Coral Reef Blue (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-sale-section/49844-fs-1993-mustang-lx-2-3l-coral-reef-blue.html)

Edison Carasio 10-23-2009 03:19 PM

FS - 1993 Mustang LX 2.3L in Coral Reef Blue

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the Mustang I have on the market for sale. Only 104K miles. Asking $1600. Clean title in hand. It is an Illinois title.

Plan on painting the side mirrors flat black. Wiper arm needs to be painted as well. Seats have black seat covers on them. The driver seat is stained because it came from the junk yard, but the other one was tore up and the bracket was broke, so it was gangsta leaned all the way back. Had to drive it home like that.
Features:
4 cylinder, 2.3L engine
Sunroof
Automatic transmission with over drive
Cruise
A/C
Alloy wheels
After market cassette deck
Six speakers (factory)

The good:
All the lights and signals work. Engine runs strong. Does not burn oil or smoke. No rips in seats and no cracks in interior. All the class is straight, and there's no major rust. Car has never been wrecked, and low original miles. I have extra coil packs and belt pulley that will be included. Two tires for it as well. The ones on it don't need to be replaced quit yet. The rear are good and the front have a little life left. The motor is no where near needing to be replaced or overhauled. But once it is in like another 100K miles, a 5.0 swap would be great for this car. I will include seat covers that are on it and the repair manual. You can see that in a picture of the back seat.
Things I've done: Replaced driver seat, replaced sun visors, new floor mats, replaced hatch supports, replaced serpentine belt, replaced air filter, fuel injector cleaner added to the first tank of gas I put in, replaced wipers and passenger wiper arm, and cleaned the heck outta it. Sat in a car port for like 2 years. EDIT NEW HOOD (NO RUST), NEW COWL, NEW ARM REST PAD, NEW TOP PLATE FOR CENTER CONSOLE!

The bad stuff: Exterior has no major stuff, but is showing it's age. The paint is starting to fade on the bumpers and behind rear quarter class. Clear coat is peeling on the roof. The front bumper has paint missing from it (like from years of highway driving) and the spoiler has a slight crack (not noticable till up on it). One of the tail lights doesn't match the other. It was cracked and that's all I could find at the salvage yard. The dome light does not work, as the fuse was removed. Cruise does not work either, probably a vacuum problem. There's a hole somewhere in the exhaust, so it's not as quiet it as it could be. Driver door and passenger front quarter are missing a piece of trim. Worst thing about it is that the door handles need to be replaced. I could include the handles in the sale. The passenger outter door handle is still there, but if you pull it hard in the cold weather it might break. Driver door handle on the outside is gone. Also driver door needs new lock actuator. I could throw that in for you. Driver dor just doesn't unlock.
Attachment 54194
Attachment 54195
Attachment 54196

Edison Carasio 10-25-2009 08:05 PM

Bump up the jam, bump it up a little louder! If you know anyone that likes Mustangs, let them know! Help fund my Fit!

Edison Carasio 12-03-2009 06:15 PM

BUMP! New wiper cowl, hood, arm rest pad, front left fender molding, center console top plate (e-brake area) and OEM hood in original color (Coral Reef Blue)!!!!!! Make me an offer! Pics coming soon I hope!

Zangoose GD3 Blue 12-04-2009 06:32 PM

Bump dude, just picked up a 89 Notchback 5.0 5spd MT today for the same price... Good luck with the sale bro

Edison Carasio 12-08-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue (Post 783296)
Bump dude, just picked up a 89 Notchback 5.0 5spd MT today for the same price... Good luck with the sale bro

Bump!!!! $1600 OBO!

TurboManGT 12-08-2009 02:20 PM

GLWS I didn't know they made 4 cylinder Stangs

Zangoose GD3 Blue 12-08-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by TurboManGT (Post 784929)
GLWS I didn't know they made 4 cylinder Stangs

yep they did and also a turbo 4 as well... i believe the SVO was the turbo 4 Stang

Edison Carasio 12-08-2009 04:50 PM

Yep, the SVO was a turbo 4. The four banger in them is the same one they put in the Rangers. Pretty reliable, but slow. 105 HP and 135 lbs tq. The turbo 4 is the same except with forged internals (rather than cast) and a intercooled turbo set up. Those produced 175 hp / 210 tq for 84-85, and 85-86 models produced around 200 hp and 240 tq. They got gas mileage in the 20's. Also came with great suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes.

I thought about doing a turbo 4 swap into this car. I can't turbo the NA 4 banger because the internals will melt and the block needs a whole drilled in it to run the oil feeder line.

TurboManGT 12-09-2009 05:04 PM

Sweet I never really paid any attention to mustangs. The SVO sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see them make a turbo 4 in the new body style

Zangoose GD3 Blue 12-09-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by TurboManGT (Post 785506)
Sweet I never really paid any attention to mustangs. The SVO sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see them make a turbo 4 in the new body style

yeah that would be cool but i highly doubt that...

Edison Carasio 12-21-2009 10:08 AM

Still available. Here is a complete list of things I've done since buying the car 4 months ago.

License + titleOil changeAir filterWiper bladesCowlArm rest padBody trim moldingsCenter console plateHoodAccessory beltSeat coversFloor matsHatchback supportsNew tail lightNew ignition switchVaccum hose repairReupholster rear seats Replace hatch interior panels Replace sunvisorsReplace driver seat