Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Greater Calgary Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-calgary-community/)
-   -   September 2007 - Calgary Fit Meet (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-calgary-community/16541-september-2007-calgary-fit-meet.html)

Sugarphreak 08-28-2007 12:54 AM

September 2007 - Calgary Fit Meet

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ak/FITMEET.jpg
That's right, I made a logo :cool:

How does this look for a Proposed Date & Time Guys!?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...hreak/date.jpg

Last chance to show off your shiney summer tires before old man winter comes to town!

sumo 08-28-2007 01:55 AM

im from edmonton but id love to come down if its sometime before sept 15th and see what other members have done to their cars

Illusive 08-28-2007 09:27 AM

I'd be down with a meet before the 15th so Sumo can join us...

sirhc 08-28-2007 09:48 AM

im always available:cool:

vlam 08-28-2007 11:57 AM

Hi All,

I was wondering - when you have your meets, is it usually during the crazy early morning hours or is it more in the afternoons? I start school @ the U of C in September so would be interested in meeting up with other Fit owners but my class won't end until noon or so. I'll also be driving down from Edmonton. This will be my first car meet so I'm looking forward to it.

Illusive 08-28-2007 12:40 PM

What you taking at the U? I'd be there too, but I'm on internship hehe. We usually meet up on weekends in the afternoon...

vlam 08-28-2007 12:45 PM

Hi Illusive,

I'm taking a stupid "required" course GNST300A. Apparently, I need it to graduate. After that, I can take all my options elsewhere so then I don't need to go to Calgary.

Glad to hear that you guys meet in the afternoon. I'm definitely interested. I might grab some of my friends who is interested in getting a Fit to come and check it out. By the way, I saw a post from you about bug deflectors. Do you have 3M & a bug deflector on? I have the 3M now but might be interested with the bug deflector. Would it be wise to have both? I had the bug deflector on my old Civic and really liked that. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Illusive 08-28-2007 12:49 PM

Hey,

Yeah I'm in engineering, so I don't need to take courses like that haha. Calgary is where it's at! You won't be able to resist our black gold! :D

Anyways, I only have 3M, no bug deflector. Don't like the look, I want to keep my car clean of those items. It's really up to you though. Definitely grab your friends, I'd be glad to show them how cool a Fit is :)

Sugarphreak 08-28-2007 02:31 PM

Bug Deflectors Rock!! :D
But, good to have both... on the front of my car below the deflector I have been getting a couple of rock chips in the plastic latley! I got nothing on my hood, plus when I go through a cloud of bugs they all defect over the car! Still... Maybe time for a little 3M treatment on the front? :)

How Does This Look For a Time & Date?
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...hreak/date.jpg

Illusive 08-28-2007 03:20 PM

Works for me...no plans that weekend...

sumo 08-28-2007 08:41 PM

grrr humm i was planning to drive to vancouver that day. how long is the drive from calgary to van? or maybe ill just stay one night over in calgary.

vlam - hey good to see another edmonton fit owner here. seems like im the only modified one around and i never see any others. if you can make it, we should cruse down together

vlam 08-29-2007 11:49 AM

Hi All,

I can probably make the 15th @ 1:30. I have my first class tha day but it should end early I hope. Where do you guys meet? I'll definitely think about getting the bug deflector. Might be a good idea as I'll be driving back and forth from Edmonton to Calgary a lot.

Illusive - What engineering are you in?

Sumo - It's nice to see that there's a Fit out there in Edmonton that has a younger owner to it. I saw 3 on my way to work this morning and they are all old people. I wouldn't mind driving down with you but I go on Friday afternoon/evening as my class starts @ bloody 8 am on Saturday. If you're okay with that, I wouldn't mind going down at the same time. Will make the drive more entertaining. Where do you live 'cuz I haven't seen your Fit around at all. I haven't done too much with mine though. No time. :)

Illusive 08-29-2007 11:51 AM

We usually meet down at Chinook in the back.

I'm in Mechanical Engineering, but am currently a Production Engineering Intern with an oil and gas company.

sumo 08-29-2007 01:09 PM

vlam, im located in the mill woods area you? humm i'll talk to my buddie and see if i can crash at house for 2 days and ill get back to you.

i wouldnt reccomend a bug deflecter, those things are nasty.
get 3m rock guard, or if you want just get a bra, and put it on only when you go crusing from city to city.

vlam 08-29-2007 03:00 PM

Hi Sumo,

I live on Southside too (Argyll & 99St). I had a bug deflector on my Civic before and kind of liked it. I have the 3M on it now but was just thinking the deflector might help a bit more. I have the full nose mask too but I don't like that thing and don't want to be out there putting it on and taking it off in the freezing winter. I've actually got the nose mask up for sale on the forum somewhere. I'll probably bring it to the meet to and see if anyone wants it as I don't and it's just taking up space in my car trunk.

vlam 08-29-2007 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Illusive (Post 169983)
We usually meet down at Chinook in the back.

I'm in Mechanical Engineering, but am currently a Production Engineering Intern with an oil and gas company.

Hi Illusive,

Do you guys just hang out there awhile before you go anywhere? I might be late (depending on class time and traffic). As well, I might be picking up some friends too that might be interested in the Fit so not sure if I'll make it for the 1:30 timeslot.

Sugarphreak 08-30-2007 01:11 AM

I am sure we could hang around for you to come :D When do you think you would be arriving?

Hey Illusive, any chance you might have a set of 403GD3 logo's done up soon? Any update on the Sk2 SS?

vlam 08-30-2007 10:00 AM

Sugarphreak,

I'll try my very best to make it there for 1:30pm. I'll be there by 2:00pm the latest. I have to confirm with a couple of friends if they wanted to join me or not 'cuz if they do, I'll have to pick them up. If not, I'll be there by 1:30pm.

rukia13 08-31-2007 12:41 AM

Hi guys - Sept. 15 sounds good to me. Where are we meeting? What are we doing?

I feel so left out, I haven't done anything to my Fit yet. :( Someday, I hope. Hey, I'm just glad that I felt brave enough to try my paddle shifters on "S" mode today. Not too bad at all.

davevm 09-01-2007 12:38 AM

emmmmmm, my hood, my rear spoiler........