Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Greater Calgary Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-calgary-community/)
-   -   Mercedes GLK - just waiting for a deal! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-calgary-community/42726-mercedes-glk-just-waiting-deal.html)

Sugarphreak 05-16-2009 11:47 PM

Mercedes GLK - just waiting for a deal!

(NO, I AM NOT SELLING MY FIT)

So I am pretty much sold on getting a GLK before the Fall of this year. I got full cash on hand and more importantly a full endorsement from the wife. :p
(As a disclaimer; this of course pending I keep my job)

Just waiting them out for a good deal to creep up, either low financing or a nice fat cash discount. If they come down to 1.9% financing or less I will probably pull the trigger early, they will need at least a 4000$ incentive to get me in early for a cash discount.

What I can't decide on is if I want White... or Black :confused: I am leaning towards white, but with the new rims I just picked up I am noticing that white gets really dirty in like 5 minutes of driving.

http://banknews.s3.amazonaws.com/poz...rcedes-glk.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwe...mage_large.jpg

Also, if I should fork out the extra 800$ for a set of 20" 5-twin spoke rims, I like the 19" 10 spoke ones, but the 20's seem to stand out really nice on this model.

(see page 26 of link for the two wheels).
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/site/mb_...hure10_ENG.pdf

Mr_ET 05-17-2009 09:29 AM

Ok you know you want the 20's and at this price point $800 is nothing.

I would go with white as it will be easier to maintain than black but both colors will be harder to maintain than a silver or gun metal color.

Nice little SUV, will the Fit be getting some help since it will become probably more your main auto x car?

JDMish 05-17-2009 12:46 PM

Nick, that car looks very nice and not a bad price point either. ET's right for the extra 800 to jump into 20's, plus they look nicer imo.

And white is the choice over black for me, just easier to maintain in this city

Sugarphreak 05-17-2009 01:58 PM

It isn't so much about the cash for the wheels, 800$ is pretty cheap. I like multispoke rims, but I also like extra size too!

I should ask Justin about what kind of deal he got, I wonder if he got a service package?

Sugarphreak 06-03-2009 02:27 PM

I am talking to Tower about the Jeep SRT8... I might be able to get a brand new one for 36K... wow

Sugarphreak 06-03-2009 03:04 PM

GAG!!!

4000$ Green Tax!!?!?! :hyper:

I thought they canned the eco-rebate/tax program??

Mr_ET 06-03-2009 04:43 PM

nope!

welcome to the world of 6.1 non optimized litres of V8 power and fuel consumption!

Sugarphreak 06-03-2009 05:09 PM

What a bunch of crap, a 4000$ tax is retarded... that is like 10% of the car cost :mad::mad::mad:

Tack on the GST and you are up to 15% of the car cost that goes right to the government... I think they have their hands deep enough in your pockets to qualify for harrassment... considering this is after tax money.. at this point I would have already paid out 18000$ in tax on the cash I made.

Mr_ET 06-03-2009 05:44 PM

They do this to discourage people from buying cars that have high gas mileage and a bigger carbon footprints. Sounds like it's doing it's job with you Nick.

This is again part of the reason Chrystler is doing so poorly. The Corvette makes the same or more power and has better mileage numbers so it's up to Jeep to come out with an engine that makes as much power but gets better mileage.

Remember the late 70's after the crash and how crappy cars were of that era? We are heading in that direction again.

Sugarphreak 06-03-2009 06:03 PM

Such BS, I want to buy one out of spite now... but that means 4000$ into their pockets :mad: It's a lose-lose situation!

Did you see the new documentary "EARTH 2100" where they predict the world runs out of gasonline in 2015 :rolleyes:

Mr_ET 06-03-2009 10:17 PM

does that go with global warming yet temperatures have been cooler here for 2 years?

Look at it this way if you want that SRT8 it's 40K plus tax basically. It's probably still cheaper than the G. More power but way less refinement and quality if you ask me.

Sugarphreak 06-04-2009 01:50 PM

They would be almost the same price with the 4000$ tax included.

I find the SRT8 interior to be a lot more upscale than the regular GC's actually, the seats and features are really nice on them, even the dash trim is a bit nicer compared to lower end models. I don't know how much they differ from the regular ones mechancially, but usually the performance line of Dodges are better quality.

With that said Mercedes isn't exactly known for reliability either, although it is admittedly a lot nicer inside. :D

The big thing is in this market I need to get a deal on the GLK, there is no way I am paying retail or settling for a crappy financing rate.

Mr_ET 06-05-2009 01:04 PM

well you should hit up your local MB dealer this weekend and then try a dodge one and go try them both and get a good sense of the pricing.

Sometimes sales are not advertised online yet the dealership will cut you some slack to try and move more units.

Who knows the SRT8 might feel like a fairly uncomfortable truck and the mb may feel like a car with a higher centre of gravity and one may appeal to you more in reality than on paper.

Sugarphreak 06-05-2009 02:03 PM

I was able to get behind the wheel of the GLK at the autoshow... very well suited to me :D

I want to take an SRT8 out, but everytime I go to have a look they are out of stock... they never give me a call back either when they get one in despite the fact I give them a business card specifically for that reason :mad:

Mr_ET 06-05-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak (Post 669122)
I was able to get behind the wheel of the GLK at the autoshow... very well suited to me :D

I want to take an SRT8 out, but everytime I go to have a look they are out of stock... they never give me a call back either when they get one in despite the fact I give them a business card specifically for that reason :mad:

then it doesn't sound like they want/need your business or they'd be willing to cut you a deal...

So you're saying you SAT in a GLK but never actually took either for a drive? Start with that young grasshopper and then we can talk, until then it all means nothing;)

Sugarphreak 06-05-2009 03:11 PM

Still, a factory $12,250 cash rebate is pretty tempting even if the stealer-ship isn't interested in cutting a deal of their own to sweeten it.

Meh, all SUV's pretty much drive the same... all that changes is the comfort level inside :p

Justin's friend was is looking at an MB right now, I asked him to see if they will cut us a multi-car deal.

Sugarphreak 06-07-2009 10:52 PM

lol, sounds like MB is keeping a stiff upper lip about discounts on the 2010 GLK, ghey

Mr_ET 06-08-2009 08:27 AM

I probably would too since it's a brand new car and model, will probably sell well and if they start discounting them that much resale will drop.

MB is not doing bad in these times, Chrysler is so they have to get some deep discounts going to get you to look at their products.

Sugarphreak 06-08-2009 09:27 AM

Hmmm, the GLK is being featured on "Sex & The City"... while a humerous show that can sometimes be enjoyed by men, this paints it as a chick car.

I will have to reconsider as I can't drive a chick car :rolleyes:

JDMish 06-08-2009 05:29 PM

LOL!

The srt8 would be a great choice to consider as well, they seemed to have done something good with that model in terms of fit and finish. jsut got off the phone with jeep dealer and they have not had a lot of issues with those ones. Plus with V-8's being cut by 2016, it might keep its value a lot more ;)