Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Greater Vancouver BC Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/)
-   -   Sugarphreak Mini-Meet April 19th (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/23528-sugarphreak-mini-meet-april-19th.html)

smatts 04-06-2008 12:31 PM

Sugarphreak Mini-Meet April 19th

Hey guys, Sugarphreak is coming to town from Calgary? To get his pre-release WR Intake Manifold installed at AJ.

Is anyone interested in having a small meet at AJ at around noon on Saturday April 19th? Nothing crazy, just hang out and see what's new, and check out that crazy manifold once it's installed.

1) sugarphreak
2) smatts
3) big bag of mcdonalds
4) sumo
5) mugen_dom
6) QST
7) fung88

smatts 04-06-2008 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of what's being installed.Attachment 83939

Sugarphreak 04-06-2008 01:17 PM

Sweet, thanks for the intro thread Smatts! :D

I actually grew up on Vancouver Island and did my schooling at BCIT. Looking forward to coming back, has been a while now.

I plan on being at the shop around 11:00am. Looking forward to meeting some of the Vancouver Fit Freaks for sure!!

I have a couple of other goodies going in as well, I suck at keeping secrets :o so here they are:

Greddy E-manage Ultimate & Tune, plus Ben is getting a new harness ready as to avoid wire splicing. Sounds like we are going to use the Greddy's option for a 2 tuning map setting via external switch so I can switch between race and a more economical tuning map as needed.

T1R Pulley is also going in as well

Plus either the new T1R front strut or maybe the J's racing if that one isn't available yet.

Of course the pre-release WR Intake manifold is going in as well ;)
Here is the link with some pictures in case you missed them before. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ip-teaser.html

Cheers Guys!

spoonek4 04-06-2008 01:52 PM

U guys gonna go for any dinner or bbtea? MAn I gotta work on Saturdays as usual.

ericman20 04-06-2008 04:58 PM

I'd really love to come but what time will this end? I'm finished work at 6:00pm, wash my car and probably be there at around 6:30 or so. Perhaps mini-cruise to check out the gain or bbtea? OR Sumo's favourite, perhaps we hit up MCDONALDS to dine? LOL jk about Sumo, Sumo.

Illusive 04-06-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ericman20 (Post 275910)
I'd really love to come but what time will this end? I'm finished work at 6:00pm, wash my car and probably be there at around 6:30 or so. Perhaps mini-cruise to check out the gain or bbtea? OR Sumo's favourite, perhaps we hit up MCDONALDS to dine? LOL jk about Sumo, Sumo.

LOL he will probably show up with a bag of McDick's in his hand and his Hemsky jersey on. Then he will get ketchup on it and become irate :p

Fit of RAGE 04-06-2008 09:21 PM

i should be able to make it providing i don't have any clients that day. nothing yet so far so it should be good.

Mr_ET 04-06-2008 10:11 PM

saw this piece in person today can't wait to see how it looks installed and see how much gains he will see!

Mugen_Dom 04-06-2008 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fit of RAGE (Post 276034)
i should be able to make it providing i don't have any clients that day. nothing yet so far so it should be good.

Don't book anything for that day!!

We were all waiting for you yesterday!!

Fit of RAGE 04-06-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom (Post 276184)
Don't book anything for that day!!

We were all waiting for you yesterday!!

Sorry, i told smatts that i was busy and i probably couldn't make it. I had a chiropractor appointment and i was trying to sell a client's car.

Mugen_Dom 04-07-2008 12:15 AM

No big deal, we passed the time by playing with Sumo car (again), playing with Fire's car (but I didn't get to drive it!) and then Smatts and Sumo made a Starbucks / McDonalds run!

Fit of RAGE 04-07-2008 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mugen_Dom (Post 276229)
No big deal, we passed the time by playing with Sumo car (again), playing with Fire's car (but I didn't get to drive it!) and then Smatts and Sumo made a Starbucks / McDonalds run!

McDonalds....where have i heard that before???? Oh yeah!! Every "Vancouver" thread has that word in it:p

FELIXY69 04-07-2008 12:30 AM

I am down for a meet and to check out the new product!!
what happened yesterday... I wasn't notice:(

sumo 04-07-2008 12:31 AM

....you guys are all jerks....

Mugen_Dom 04-07-2008 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by FELIXY69 (Post 276244)
I am down for a meet and to check out the new product!!
what happened yesterday... I wasn't notice:(

Nothing, just Smatts, Sumo and I met up at A&J. I had to talk to Ben and then we just chilled out at the shop.

FELIXY69 04-07-2008 02:58 PM

I really want that manifold!!!!
where can I get it and how much??

smatts 04-07-2008 04:28 PM

From Weapon R there is a group buy or pre-order in the group buy interest forum

Combo_Turbo 04-07-2008 06:27 PM

i have seen that manifold inperson when i was in hong kong... it's a sweet piece of metal.. ithink it's got a few gains but it would be significant if u have FI... they redesigned it for the USDM i guess?

Sugarphreak 04-07-2008 11:33 PM

lol, I just found out my Beta test drive with the new BMW 1 Series is on the morning of the 18th!! I am going to go do that in the morning and then drive down to Van right after.... should be a fun day :)

Originally Posted by spoonek4 (Post 275814)
U guys gonna go for any dinner or bbtea? MAn I gotta work on Saturdays as usual.

I am bringing my fiancee along, she probably wants to do a nice quiet dinner as it is our only day of rest with all the driving down.

Although I would be up for a meet in the early evening somewhere in Richmond. Maybe around 8:30ish or something, I would be up for coffee or maybe Bubble Tea.

Any recommendations for restaurants in and around Richmond?

Originally Posted by FELIXY69 (Post 276629)
I really want that manifold!!!!
where can I get it and how much??

Should be ready within the next couple of months. Leo from Weapon-R wants me to do up a review on the intake manifold once I have it installed. If you guys have comments on it I would like to hear them so I can include them in my writeup.

sumo 04-08-2008 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak (Post 277194)

Although I would be up for a meet in the early evening somewhere in Richmond. Maybe around 8:30ish or something, I would be up for coffee or maybe Bubble Tea.

Any recommendations for restaurants in and around Richmond?

lol pleaseeee no richmond.