Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Greater Vancouver BC Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/)
-   -   Where do you get your fit serviced? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/44173-where-do-you-get-your-fit-serviced.html)

tanger 06-19-2009 03:14 AM

Where do you get your fit serviced?

Hey guys, just wondering where do you get your cars serviced when the lights come on? I had the B or B1 light come on today and just went to honda to get the thing done but is it cheaper elsewhere or better quality? Thanks!

Benggolf 06-19-2009 03:44 AM

Remember the slogan..."Don't open your hood to strangers"?
Well, seriously speaking if you know of any reliable and trustworthy mechanic take it to him. He should charge you less than what the Honda stealership charges.

I take mine to Arthur at BMW Mini in Richmond, but he is usually swamped with work.

Others with surely chimed in shortly.

smatts 06-19-2009 11:34 AM

I'm a sucker :P

I take my car to Honda dealerships for service like a sheep :(

I know it could be done elsewhere for cheaper, but I just can't be bothered. When I end up selling or trading in I can get a print out from Honda showing all my service.

spoonek4 06-19-2009 03:23 PM

For regular stuff like oil changes & tire rotation I just do it myself. For bigger stuff like suspension, brakes, clutch & limited slip differential installation in the other thread I get my brother Eric & his buddies to do it.

My brother service a lot of Subarus for the guys on NASIOC.com too.

chickz_magnet 06-19-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by spoonek4 (Post 679669)
For regular stuff like oil changes & tire rotation I just do it myself. For bigger stuff like suspension, brakes, clutch & limited slip differential installation in the other thread I get my brother Eric & his buddies to do it.

same here. Eric does most if not all the maintanece work on the GD, does very good job!

FELIXY69 06-19-2009 11:12 PM

can ur bro service my car too ??

Kurse 06-20-2009 01:10 AM

regular check like oil changes, check up of all direction things etc ; dealer.
brake, suspension, power, aftermaket parts ; me.

spoonek4 06-20-2009 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by FELIXY69 (Post 679930)
can ur bro service my car too ??

Depends what u wanna get done. But don't you work on your own car?

tanger 06-20-2009 07:21 PM

haha, i was thinking the same! wanna do mine in the future too? lol

Spooling 06-20-2009 09:50 PM

take it to me
I'm going to school for Automotive engineering

spoonek4 06-20-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by tanger (Post 680334)
haha, i was thinking the same! wanna do mine in the future too? lol

Sure! U guys can add me on spoonek4@hotmail.com for further info! :wavey:

Cat 06-21-2009 09:03 AM

I am very lucky to have a dealership garage that goes above and beyond. I take the Fit back to the dealership for everything. I took the car in back in May for state inspection. I could never get my Mugen E-brake cover to tuck in around the base of my e-brake. Those guys acutally popped the center console and tucked it in so it looks factory installed - they did it without me asking and without charging me!

Cat :x

Blackberryfit 06-22-2009 06:56 PM

Well we have been to the Honda dealership twice and both times they have screwed up!!!!

Now all of out Mainteance needs and Performace needs are handled by J.S Performance out in abby. They know there stuff and they won't rip you off like the Stealerships.