Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Greater Vancouver BC Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/)
-   -   towing service please (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/greater-vancouver-bc-community/74381-towing-service-please.html)

alanchan 09-25-2012 02:39 PM

towing service please

can someone in GVA refer me to a towing company please?
someone park his car in my friend's rental property and we have to tow it

NIGHTHAWKSI 09-25-2012 02:57 PM

have you tried google? lol
or the cops?

you actually have no right to have a car towed unless they are doign somthign illegal. simply being parked in the road infront of yours/your friends house is not illegal.

Wafulz 09-25-2012 03:04 PM

throw a rock at it lol

alanchan 09-25-2012 03:11 PM

no, not on the street
the car is left behind from the previous move out tenant
it parked inside my friend's property
still consider illegal to tow if someone park a car inside your parkway?

Wafulz 09-25-2012 03:18 PM

no u can stil hvae it towed if its been there for sum time then u can tow it or OWN it :) then sell it lol

NIGHTHAWKSI 09-25-2012 03:19 PM

oh, in that case, im 99% sure you can have it towed. ther emight be a law of how long its been there, or having to notify the owner of intnetion to have it towed.

with that said, call your local police, and ask them the legal stuff since it was a tennants.
then google tow companies. call for the cheapest price.
also, it is not your car, so where it is towed to and who is repsonsible for storage fees is also a good question.

FitStir 09-25-2012 03:36 PM

Here in NYC, if some one is illegally parked in your driveway or even blocking you from getting out you can have them towed.

First the local cops have to issue the car a summons, once that's done (and it has a ticket on the car)then a quick yellow page (google) search will yield a lot of independent tow companies that will tow the illegally parked car to the city pound, the the owner of the vehicle will have to pay towing, storage, fines, etc... Even if the car is abandoned (with no plates) it can be towed.

fitster 09-26-2012 12:07 AM

what kind of car is it?

fujisawa 09-26-2012 10:46 AM

If you tell the police that there is a vehicle on your property that doesn't belong to you and has been abandoned for some time they will surely come by, write out a ticket, and authorize a (legally defensible) tow. If it's only been a few days, they might quite reasonably ask you to give the tenant some flexibility in moving his car.

I assume you have tried to contact the former tenant to let him know. That would seem pretty obvious, so I infer this is truly an abandoned car.

alanchan 09-26-2012 10:59 AM

thanks guys!!

Originally Posted by fitster (Post 1134494)
what kind of car is it?

its a van,
the insurance expired already
I think I will call Buster towing

alanchan 09-27-2012 01:43 PM

I got this all sort out now
after many phone calls
I guess each city has its own by-laws and regulations to follow
I have to go through some paper work and put up a sign in the property before they can tow anything.
thanks guy!!!