Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Honda Fit Dealer Representatives (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-representatives/)
-   -   Honda Trying To Rape Me. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-representatives/26519-honda-trying-rape-me.html)

NJFitFreak 06-09-2008 05:03 PM

Honda Trying To Rape Me.

Looked into trading in my 2007 2door civic for a fit. My civic is a year old and only has 12k miles on. For one they tryed to give me only 10k for the car right then and there i knew it was not going to be a fun day at the dealer. Then to top it off they wanted my payment to be 30bucks more for the fit then my civic. So then i looked at there used civics same as mine with more miles on then mine and they are selling them for 15k witch is one grand less then what i payed. All i wanted was a wash and to take over payments for the fit.. Well im starting to think honda is not going to let that fly.. The best was when the saleman told me to think about leasing a fit.. Thats when i got out of the chair and walked out.. Who even thinks about leasing a car like the fit.. ??? If im going to leas its going to be bmw or somthing i cant buy..

RobertJ 06-09-2008 05:21 PM

They don't call them stealerships for nothing. They're in this business to make money. Go figure. If you're serious about getting a Fit you should sell your car on your own. Craigslist, Ebay and the local paper are all tools I've used in the past with much success.

FITrunner 06-09-2008 05:58 PM

+1 Trade in is always a last resort. If you have the time and patience, sell it yourself. Dealership wanted to give me $400 for my old Integra. Took a few months but I eventually got $2K for it.

Sugarphreak 06-09-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by NJFitFreak (Post 335309)
Who even thinks about leasing a car like the fit.. ???.

There is only two answers for this and every other car;

Suckers and business owners who can write off the payments.

bonsaikc 10-04-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak (Post 335499)
There is only two answers for this and every other car;

Suckers and business owners who can write off the payments.

That's an interesting take on leasing. We do a lot of leasing here in Kansas for folks who either just aren't interested in keeping a car for more than three years, or who want that EXL-RES Odyssey but the purchase payment is just too high. Fits don't lease as well as Accords or Civics partly because of a slightly lower residual value (% of the MSRP) but mostly because they just don't get an artificially low money factor (the lease version of interest rate.)

I'd lease all my cars except I drive 25,000 miles per year (long commute) so the payment is cheaper to own. I have 66,000 miles on my 2008 Fit Sport m/t, have hit a deer and repaired the car, and am upside down in it to the tune of $2500, so go figure.

Leasing isn't for everyone, but it can make sense for more people than those who can write off a portion of the payment.

bmxman 10-05-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bonsaikc (Post 918228)
That's an interesting take on leasing. We do a lot of leasing here in Kansas for folks who either just aren't interested in keeping a car for more than three years, or who want that EXL-RES Odyssey but the purchase payment is just too high. Fits don't lease as well as Accords or Civics partly because of a slightly lower residual value (% of the MSRP) but mostly because they just don't get an artificially low money factor (the lease version of interest rate.)

I'd lease all my cars except I drive 25,000 miles per year (long commute) so the payment is cheaper to own. I have 66,000 miles on my 2008 Fit Sport m/t, have hit a deer and repaired the car, and am upside down in it to the tune of $2500, so go figure.

Leasing isn't for everyone, but it can make sense for more people than those who can write off a portion of the payment.

maybe you should check the date of the last post before posting :rolleyes:
you're responding to a post that's nearly 2.5 years old...lol

jagass 10-05-2010 10:05 PM

I've heard so many similar stories about that man. Sorry to hear that...