Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

Any Fit Sport manuals nationwide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
Any Fit Sport manuals nationwide?

I'm very close to needing to purchase a car. Unfortunately I sold my STi and my Nissan just recently broke down. I cannot for the life of me find a Fit Sport manual within 200 miles of me. I've called all the dealers I found on the dealer search. I'm seriously considering a Suzuki SX4 if I can't find one. The dealers here say I can order a Fit Sport manual, but it will be 3 months until it arrives.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:18 AM
i have had mine since April 20th, now with only a little over 5k miles on it, so i'd be considered low milage for the age of mine, glad i got it when i did, we haven't gotten another 5pod MT since mine on our lot, needless to say mine was teh only MT we've ever got.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Don't believe them. I put a deposit down on July 5th, and was told probably some time in October. It is now November and I still have nothing- no build date, no Vin, nada.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
The dealer I went to has recieved a total of 3 M/T since June 5 and only1 of those was a Sport. Now, they have my car coming on Nov 12, which is a sport m/t.

If you do the math, that is roughly 1 m/t car every 1.5 months. The major reason for this problem is that honda is only making about 15% of the Fits as a m/t (or so my dealer says).

Good luck in your hunt, but I would say if you need something now, find something other than a fit. If you cannot live without a fit, buy some P.O.S. car for a few hundred bucks and make it last until the Fit arrives. This is just my 2 cents as I have been wanting to sell my car and now it looks like I finally can.

Hope this helps,
~Tony

Old 11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
From what I've been hearing, 3 months from now for a manual is very optimistic. Your only chance is to get one that someone else backed out of after delivery. Otherwise, you'll almost definitely be waiting into spring.

Here's another option:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9150

JonasM

Old 11-04-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Manual Availability - Twin Cities

Originally Posted by JonasM
From what I've been hearing, 3 months from now for a manual is very optimistic. Your only chance is to get one that someone else backed out of after delivery. Otherwise, you'll almost definitely be waiting into spring.

Here's another option:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9150

JonasM
I live in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the dealership we work with says that for an order placed today, the AT is approx. a 6-month wait, and the manual is even longer, possibly as much as a year out. This is from a dealership that, due to their volume, gets an extra allocation of Fits.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:10 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
if you are like me and can only be happy with 5spd than waiting is something you will have to do...in this forum everyone keeps there ears to the ground and on the net as to whats the problem with the lack of 5spds...i got mine back in april and had for colors to chose from all M/T sports...now its impossible to have choices for the FIT...if you keep coming back to the site something should come up...everyone helps each other out here...and if you get the Suzuki SX4 than show us pics and give us your insight on the car

Old 11-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Those of you that have put in an order and havent had any info given I suggest this:
You need to go down to the dealer and talk to the manager. Ask him for the list of cars coming in and see how many Fits are scheduled to arrive and whats been built. Unless its been sold/ordered put your name on it. Dont worry about the color. You wont get the color you want.

Thats the only way I am where I am. My first deposit was put down 8/13 I believe. I waited a month and went back. They never put my order in. So I cancelled and left them. When I asked for my deposit back they seemed to get a kick in the pants and told me they can get it fast. They also tried to sell me a Civic, ughh no!

My new dealer I bother weekly right after I put down my deposit. I made sure my order was down and done. I made sure that my name was on a waiting list and THE FIRST for a 5speed since I was the only waiting.

I went back a month later and my name was NOT on the list. I got pissed and talked to the manager. He told me about 2 Fits coming in that were 5speed. They were the last coming in till after January. I had my name put on one, it comes in next week.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:29 PM
If you guys do not mind a use one,here it is

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...002&aff=dallas

Old 11-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Just another point of reference, but I put a deposit on a SSM Sport Manual on 10/3 and picked it up 3 weeks later last Tuesday. I know that this is not normal, but if you find a good dealer who will do some work for you, I think you can get one.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I'm very close to needing to purchase a car. Unfortunately I sold my STi and my Nissan just recently broke down. I cannot for the life of me find a Fit Sport manual within 200 miles of me. I've called all the dealers I found on the dealer search. I'm seriously considering a Suzuki SX4 if I can't find one. The dealers here say I can order a Fit Sport manual, but it will be 3 months until it arrives.
Hi,
I had the exact same problem. I gave up and bought a base but upgraded the wheels to the grey sporty honda ones since the wheels make the base model look super cheap. I think most of the body styling on the sport is cheesy anyhow. But the stereo on the base model sucks. Going to get an alpine double din with nav and proper ipod interface as soon as I get the dash replacement from Scosche...now available. Now all I need are fog lights. And tinted windows and...

Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
mannnnnnnnn

here in Puerto Rico are manuals, auto (not cvt), base, sport anything you want!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Sussman Honda in Roslyn PA (Philly suburb) had a Storm Silver Metallic Sport Manual Transmission on the floor today when I stopped in to check on the Fit that I ordered in July. They said the person who ordered it got tired of waiting and bought a Civic instead.

http://www.martysussmanhondapa.com/

BTW, they just got the VIN for my SS Sport Automatic, so it's only weeks away!

Old 11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
If you're offering enough I'm willing to sell mine.
But you'd have to offer me 16K+ of course....

Old 12-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by hondaful
Sussman Honda in Roslyn PA (Philly suburb) had a Storm Silver Metallic Sport Manual Transmission on the floor today when I stopped in to check on the Fit that I ordered in July. They said the person who ordered it got tired of waiting and bought a Civic instead.

http://www.martysussmanhondapa.com/

BTW, they just got the VIN for my SS Sport Automatic, so it's only weeks away!
Hey, Thanks a lot Hondaful, I got that Fit!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen
Hey, Thanks a lot Hondaful, I got that Fit!
Great! Glad to hear that someone on the list beneFITted (sorry, couldn't resist)!

Did your local dealer make a swap with Sussman?

Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by hondaful
Great! Glad to hear that someone on the list beneFITted (sorry, couldn't resist)!

Did your local dealer make a swap with Sussman?
Nope, I got a one-way ticket to Philly and then drove the Fit back.

My 10 day old Fit has 3500 miles on it LOL.