Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Honda Fit Dealer Reviews (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-reviews/)
-   -   North Shore Honda - Long Island, NY (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-reviews/12634-north-shore-honda-long-island-ny.html)

iranon 04-02-2007 09:57 AM

North Shore Honda - Long Island, NY

I've been shopping for a FIT for about two weeks. Luckily, this weekend I finally closed a deal, and I'm going to pick up this week! Yay! :)

A slightly used 2007 Fit for 11k! Woohoo!

However, during my shopping experience, the absolute WORST dealership I worked with was North Shore Honda, in Glen Cove.

I spoke to Mike Petrosillo the Used Car Manager. He was really nice on the phone, so I scheduled him later in my week cause I thought I'd probably end up buying there. However once we arrived at the lot, the cars were very tightly packed in. It was hard to do a walk around to check out the car.

Then, without letting me do a test drive, he pulled me into his office to talk about pricing. I said if I liked the test drive, I would definitely be able to buy that day. Then he pressed me on my credit rating, and how I would be financing. I said I have a 780 credit rating (checked earlier that week), and I said I had already secured financing.

So, then he starts in with "it's my internet price, we never bargain, oh and by the way, there's a $675 in fees attached to the car".

I took out some listings I printed out online to point out that his price kind of sucks, especially considering their ridiculous fee, and he got kind of pissed off. He said "I monitor the online listings 24/7. My prices are the best." Then he kept trying to beat me over the head with "my price is the best," and "we never bargain on the internet price."

Why even post online? I've seen three other dealerships with better prices, and when I sat with them, they were willing to knock off the fee, and then some, and usually because I was willing to buy that day.

Anyway, he closed his rant session with "well take the deal, or we'll just shake hands, and part as friends."

Just because you say that, doesn't excuse your behavior as an arrogant prick. I can't say enough bad things about this guy, and the bad name he gives car dealers in general, but then again, after a week of this, I'm just tired.

And funny thing is, the above happened without his ever letting me test drive. Was he too lazy to move a few cars out of the way? Whatever happened to that old dealer axiom "let the feel of the wheel seal the deal?" I've never seen a dealer who didn't want to make a test drive happen. What a freak!

So anyway, thought I'd just post a warning in case anyone actually thought about going to this dealership.

Regards,

Ira

sy11580 04-02-2007 12:00 PM

Cong. you got your Fit soon!! One of the FitFreak member also got the Fit over there and he said they were suck too!!! By the way can you join our Spring meet?? PM sent!!!

jhsice 04-02-2007 06:47 PM

What a arrogant loser. When he said, "well take the deal, or we'll just shake hands, and part as friends." I would just have just gotten up and left. It is a wonder he is still imployed.

Crucio 05-28-2007 08:49 PM

I just bought mine from there, I hope i'm not getting screwed over now :(

TheGirth 06-27-2007 12:13 AM

That's good to know to avoid them and Paragon Honda.