Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Oakville Honda, Oakville, ON, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Oakville Honda, Oakville, ON, Canada

Oakville Honda

I thought I'd post my review now that we've had our car for 10 months and 27,000km+.

We had very specific needs/demands when we bought our Fit last summer during the height of the shortage. We started talking at the beginning of July and made it very clear that if we didn't drive off the lot in a Fit by the beginning of August we'd take our chances with our old Mazda 323 (I had surgery scheduled for early August and wanted a reliable car).

We told them we wanted a Blue or, second, Red LX 5spd. At first they said "No problem" but then they realized how tight supply was. At first we had trouble getting them to get back to us and I had a conversation with our dealer that I'd rather hear bad news than no news. After that they were good about staying in touch. After a couple of weeks, with the deadline looming, I got a call saying that they just couldn't get an LX 5spd in before August.

First they offered me an auto at the same price, and I said no. My b/f and I plan to keep this car for a while and were determined to get what we want. So then they ask how much more I was willing to spend for a Sport which they could get from another dealership. I told them not much (this is our first new car and we're not too rich). So I asked them about taking the alloys off and giving us steelies from and the base model and take the skirt kit off and resell it on another Fit. They agreed and said it'd be an extra $700, which was fine.

So they got the Fit in (blue) and found out the OEM skirt kit used large mounting holes. They decided to leave the skirt on and not try to charge us extra. They delivered at the end of July, as they promised. So in the end we only gave up the alloys and got the Sport for only $700cnd over the price of the LX.

Since then, we've gotten the oil changed twice (as per the maintenance minder, we're at 30% for the third change). I've had to get the rear driver-side lever replaced, the SRS reprogrammed and the e-brake's shroud replaced. We were the first to go in for the SRS reprogramming and they found out the cable wouldn't reach so I had to go back the next week after they got a new cable. Otherwise, they've been great.

When they did have problems (largely because we were on of the first to get a Fit from them and ask for the things we did) they were very apologetic. When I go in now the staff are always friendly and say Hi even if I didn't deal with them. They never tried to screw me over in any way and never tried to tack on extra charges, even when it was arguable that they could have. At one point I hit gibs from a transport truck's tire that blew in front of me and they checked the car over as soon as I drove in, no charge.

On the small things, they have a nice waiting area with a TV, a second TV in another area, internet access (wireless and wired), courtesy phone and a really nice coffee/tea setup where each cut is brewed when you want it (with little plastic things you stick in the machine). I know it seems silly or small, but it makes the times you do need to wait a lot more enjoyable. I went to another Honda dealership in downtown Toronto (Center Honda) and the difference were really obvious; not nearly as comfortable.

So after nearly a year I would highly recommend them. They've done very well by us and I give big points to anyone, specially a company, who are good about it when they do make a mistake.

So two big thumbs up!

Digimer

Old 07-02-2007, 02:37 AM
I know a few guys there as well as the General Sales Manager.. I'll most likely be buying my Fit there as well... good write up!

Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Digimer
Oakville Honda

I thought I'd post my review now that we've had our car for 10 months and 27,000km+.

We had very specific needs/demands when we bought our Fit last summer during the height of the shortage. We started talking at the beginning of July and made it very clear that if we didn't drive off the lot in a Fit by the beginning of August we'd take our chances with our old Mazda 323 (I had surgery scheduled for early August and wanted a reliable car).

We told them we wanted a Blue or, second, Red LX 5spd. At first they said "No problem" but then they realized how tight supply was. At first we had trouble getting them to get back to us and I had a conversation with our dealer that I'd rather hear bad news than no news. After that they were good about staying in touch. After a couple of weeks, with the deadline looming, I got a call saying that they just couldn't get an LX 5spd in before August.

First they offered me an auto at the same price, and I said no. My b/f and I plan to keep this car for a while and were determined to get what we want. So then they ask how much more I was willing to spend for a Sport which they could get from another dealership. I told them not much (this is our first new car and we're not too rich). So I asked them about taking the alloys off and giving us steelies from and the base model and take the skirt kit off and resell it on another Fit. They agreed and said it'd be an extra $700, which was fine.

So they got the Fit in (blue) and found out the OEM skirt kit used large mounting holes. They decided to leave the skirt on and not try to charge us extra. They delivered at the end of July, as they promised. So in the end we only gave up the alloys and got the Sport for only $700cnd over the price of the LX.

Since then, we've gotten the oil changed twice (as per the maintenance minder, we're at 30% for the third change). I've had to get the rear driver-side lever replaced, the SRS reprogrammed and the e-brake's shroud replaced. We were the first to go in for the SRS reprogramming and they found out the cable wouldn't reach so I had to go back the next week after they got a new cable. Otherwise, they've been great.

When they did have problems (largely because we were on of the first to get a Fit from them and ask for the things we did) they were very apologetic. When I go in now the staff are always friendly and say Hi even if I didn't deal with them. They never tried to screw me over in any way and never tried to tack on extra charges, even when it was arguable that they could have. At one point I hit gibs from a transport truck's tire that blew in front of me and they checked the car over as soon as I drove in, no charge.

On the small things, they have a nice waiting area with a TV, a second TV in another area, internet access (wireless and wired), courtesy phone and a really nice coffee/tea setup where each cut is brewed when you want it (with little plastic things you stick in the machine). I know it seems silly or small, but it makes the times you do need to wait a lot more enjoyable. I went to another Honda dealership in downtown Toronto (Center Honda) and the difference were really obvious; not nearly as comfortable.

So after nearly a year I would highly recommend them. They've done very well by us and I give big points to anyone, specially a company, who are good about it when they do make a mistake.

So two big thumbs up!

Digimer
u got a deal!!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
That we did. 4+ years now, 115,000km+ and except for the EPS unit, which was replaced under warranty, we've done nothing but routine maintenance. It's not burning a drop of oil, still drives perfectly straight, it's never failed to start...

To be honest, I'm happier with it now that I was the day I drive it off the lot.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Diamon Valley Honda, Hemet, CA, USA--Oustanding

Unbelievable price, customer service and en general a pleasure to do business with. If they do not have it, they will find it quickly. Woud highly recommend them and sales Brent Miletich. A straight shooter. Diamond Valley Honda.

Last edited by yuwan63755; 10-11-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling