Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Garden State Honda of Clifton NJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Thumbs down Garden State Honda of Clifton NJ

DO NOT GO TO GARDEN STATE HONDA in Clifton, New Jersey. Stay away from them like the plaque!!!

After settling on a final purchase price with the salesperson, I went to see the finance manager. We sat down in his office and the conversation was really friendly and he seemed like a nice guy. We began to talk about the finance contract and he specifically stated that American Honda was offering an 8 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for free. I asked him several times if it was free and he said yes. I was skeptical at first but didn't think too much about it anymore and signed the finance contract.

Fast forward I get in my new car and begin my drive to work. When I pull into the parking lot at work, I begin to go over the paper work more and realized that he tacked on an additional $1800 for the 8 year/100,000 warranty! I immediately called the finance manager and told him that I did not agree to pay for this warranty that he said would be free. He said he would change it and have a new contract written up for the next day for me to pick up.

The next day I come in and the $1800 is taken off but there is an additional $55 tacked on. He explains to me that they charged me the wrong DMV fee blah blah blah. I argued that the final purchase price should be the final purchase price. Eventually, I just signed because I had to go back to work and I already put 200 miles on the car and I had to get to work.

Its too bad this had to happen because I told them I was going to be back in a month to buy a Honda Pilot from them for my wife. I know it was partially my fault for not going over the contract carefully but why do they have to try to scam me like that? Bottomline is I will never go back there again and I hope this will help those in deciding whether to purchase from them as well.

GARDEN STATE HONDA = SCAMMERS

Thanks for listening guys. I had to get it off my chest.....whew!

Last edited by F1TS; 02-24-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
thats ****ed up...

Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
whats was yout otd price

Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 PM
They always try to sneak fees in at the end, always have to look over every detail before signing. Wish it was not like that and everything could just go smooth and everyone is happy.

Last edited by Rock; 09-03-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by charlgen
whats was yout otd price

$17.500 otd

Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Rock
They always try to sneak fees in at the end, always have to look over every detail before signing. Wish it was not like that and everything could just go smooth and everyone is happy.

Yes, always read every single detail and read the fine print. Damn sneaky bastards. Definitely a lesson learned.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by F1TS
Yes, always read every single detail and read the fine print. Damn sneaky bastards. Definitely a lesson learned.
garden state honda is like that though. they always tried to screw me over too. I was going to buy an s2000 from them in 2006. I got fed up with their b.s. games and walked out. Finance guy was the biggest moron of a business person I've ever met.
Went down to Acura in New Brunswick the next day and bought an rsx type-s with no b.s. at all.

NEVER EVER GO TO GARDEN STATE HONDA TRUST ME! Save yourself a headache, or 3!

Their paperwork at GS Honda is a DAMN MESS, dont let them screw up your life because they're incompitant. Walk out as I did!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
+ NEVER GOTO SUSSEX HONDA in NEWTON, NJ... they tried to rip me off $3000!

what's wrong in new jersey?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
HID Addict
i cant belive someone was actually around my hometown!!! anyway, my parents was trading in an '04 (or 05?) toyota highlander for a 08 Honda pilot EX. during the test driving and the begining to close to the end, everything went well, they were nice, stole some popcorns :P but at the end, when they discucussed the trade in value, my parents felt like they were ripped off, financial guy was nice too, wasn't sure if he was being slick, but he tried to "comfort" us, maybe trying to make us over-look something? hmm.... anyway, point is, they tried ripping us off, they gave us a better value, but they still think it was a rip off. in the summer of last year (yea not even two year), we were trading in the pilot for a fit/yaris/prius, all the places gave us a low trade in value, but that was because SUVs werent selling at the time b\c of the ecomnomy. garden state honda in clifton, yea, scammers